CALI STYLE: How would u describe the difference in Bay Area style vs LA/socal style??

Originally Posted by nom de guerre

CAto312 wrote:
With regard to SoCal and its differences, I definitely preferred living in LA County over OC.

I picture myself living in NorCal, when I eventually move back. I like the weather in NorCal.

Really? Its 70 in LA right now. And its been raining all week up here.

I prefer changes in weather, sense of seasons, etc.

NORCALHUSSLA wrote:
Smh....This thread is turning us against eachother.

Yeah I think NTers need to embrace the state of Cali and everything in it as a whole. I mean, ya'll are only 6 hours away in a car drive. That's kin to each other. I mean you barely catch this kind of friction going on in the streets, (unless it's a Dodgers and Giants game) so the Cali love is there.

Norcal =/= SoCal = Cali.

^^^^Say that to the non-NTers that live in Cali. This is not a feud that started here but something that has been going on for ages. You have Bay people that hate LA and LA people that hate the Bay. No difference then people in New York and people in Boston. We might not be that far away but it really is two different worlds.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Listen, don't get me wrong. I love LA, and socal.

Quiet as kept, I would live there if it wasn't for the horrible traffic and the 'keeping up with the joneses' mind state. It's beautiful. The weather is great and diversity is incredible. But me coming from the eastern part of the US, I find myself feeling comfortable in the NorCal. The people here are humble, down to earth and very easy to work with.

A few more trips to SoCal could change my thoughts though.

I did the opposite of what you did by moving to the Chi.  I'm settling down so I appreciate the midwest sensibilities.  Plus I didn't take my car and we drive once a week because public transportation is infinitely better here.

Those are some of the reasons why I'd settle in NorCal if/when I move back.

and plus who watnts to visit oakland and sacramento? i have never heard anybody say that i am going on vacation to oakland and sacramento.

oakland and sacramento are the armpits of california.

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

and plus who watnts to visit oakland and sacramento? i have never heard anybody say that i am going on vacation to oakland and sacramento.

hahahahaha.

im socal born and raised and never leaving unless I can no longer afford it.

that being said, norcal folks can say the same thing about us.  who the F wants to go to San Bernardino or Riverside or anywhere in the IE for that matter?

You are ignorant as hell. Have you ever been to the Oakland hills?

There are worse parts of California than Sacto and Oakland. Reading or Fresno come to mind...

Originally Posted by mjbetch

socal/la - leather/pleather jackets

norcal - northface zipped all the way up with a hood

do you ever have sexual thoughts about isabel?

What the hell... The armpits of Cali are places like Fresno or Bakersfield. No offense to u Fresno or Bakersfield NTers.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Is it just me or do cats from LA be on some holier than thou type steez? My friends cousin came to visit and homegirl was trying to style so hard. Talking bout "oh yea, we been on that, we been had this, ya'll barely on this? ya'll late, blah blah blah"
It must just be you for putting your cousins opinion on a pedestal. One person does not make a region of millions.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

hahahahaha.

that being said, norcal folks can say the same thing about us.  who the F wants to go to San Bernardino or Riverside or anywhere in the IE for that matter?

Add Fontucky to that list.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

hahahahaha.

Add Fontucky to that list.

Someone please hook me up with a job out in the bay. i needa move to cali asap

i got love for LA. like dude said earlier, its just a friendly rivalry
Spoiler [+]
it's still bay > LA though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

You are ignorant as hell. Have you ever been to the Oakland hills?

There are worse parts of California than Sacto and Oakland. Reading or Fresno come to mind...

p_resort.jpg

pimp.gif

You have a mix of everything in both areas. It's just a matter of personal opinion based on the experiences with people from that region and visits to those areas.

Although, the question is somewhat broad. "NorCal" / "SoCal" represent a huge area. There are differences between LA and SD.. and then LA and OC...and SD and it's surrounding suburbs. There's also many factors that go into answering your question. Weather, Housing, Social Atmosphere, Schools, Job Opportunities, etc. etc..

wow!!!!!!! so you think people would want to visit Compton, Watts, San Bernardino or South Central? No offense to my NT people that stay down there. But just like Oakland, these towns are just the same. Pros and cons about any city. Don't even try to go there fam. 

Originally Posted by got shoes

wow!!!!!!! so you think people would want to visit Compton, Watts, San Bernardino or South Central? No offense to my NT people that stay down there. But just like Oakland, these towns are just the same. Pros and cons about any city. Don't even try to go there fam. 

oakland is still equivalent to cleveland

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Is it just me or do cats from LA be on some holier than thou type steez? My friends cousin came to visit and homegirl was trying to style so hard. Talking bout "oh yea, we been on that, we been had this, ya'll barely on this? ya'll late, blah blah blah"
It must just be you for putting your cousins opinion on a pedestal. One person does not make a region of millions.
Haha, straight up G. She ain't my cousin, but the aura she was expelling made me disgusted
sick.gif
. I gotta visit and stay in LA for a min, then I'll jump to conclusions, but some other folk from LA be on that hype too. It varies, but it is what is some with some people.

Originally Posted by got shoes

oakland is still equivalent to cleveland
Umm....what? Elaborate on that so I can narrow down the ways to school you.

Back
Top Bottom