CALI STYLE: How would u describe the difference in Bay Area style vs LA/socal style??

bunch of non-sense in here 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

Don't worry I got enough ammo for all of y'all
ru6z9y.jpg

post a tagged pic with your username in it  or your still softer then baby poo
roll.gif
Son googled for ammo images. Stockton is the toilet of Cali btw . Same thing with hick town aka Sactown and the trash they call Oakland

Originally Posted by calikev34

the pre fist bump after a handshake :smh
SoCal FTL

grin.gif
 ?

Fill me in, never heard or experienced this. Hell, I don't even know what you're talking about.

Also, saying FTL over something so trivial as a form of handshake?

Grow up friend.

Originally Posted by calikev34

the post fist bump that follows a handshake :smh
SoCal FTL
This usually happens with latinos when i go down there. Got me like wth?
laugh.gif
i be pullin my hand away and they go in for the extra bump.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

When most people move to Cali, what part do they typically move to?
grin.gif

If you're talking internationally, a @#$% load of people  move to the Bay Area just off the strength of Silicon Valley alone. Within the US,you have celebrities/people fascinated with the "hollywood lifestyle" flocking to LA.
Personally, I've found  a huge difference between LA and LA County, if that makes sense. All the people I've met from actual LA are CONSTANTLY talking/bragging about LA, especially when it has nothing to do with the conversation. And they're the type that take this Bay Area vs. Socal @#$% way too seriously with some people refusing to even visit the other region
indifferent.gif
 Even my other Socal friends can't stand them 
laugh.gif

(Again, this is what I've experienced PERSONALLY. Not saying everyone is like this)

People from other cities in LA County are just like Bay Area folk. We joke around sometimes about the Bay Area vs Socal thing, but we visit each other's respective regions and have too much fun to be worried about that petty @#$%. I want to live in SF in the future just cause of how walkable it is compared to LA, but living in LA would be cool too. a 5 hour drive/1 hr plane ride isn't a big deal 
laugh.gif

I was born n raised in the city of LA and I haven't noticed the bragging about the city aside from sports. In regards to the whole regional argument between north and south I didn't even know it existed until I went to college in Santa Barbara with a pretty even mix of people from both sides. Cats from both the IE and Tahoe/Sac were the main ones startn beef, I guess it's because of the isolation and that bro-rage, with their "Norcal" and "Socal" decals on their trucks. From the many friends I've made from up North the styles seem very reflective upon what type of city they're from. People from LA and SF are the most eclectic with their taste, the SFV/IE bro style reflects that of Tahoe/Sac with the extreme sports gear, Palo Alto/Berklee being the northface snob counterpart to the RVCA snob of the OC. I agree with the laid-back sentiment about those in Vallejo/Oakland/San Jose, because I hang these peeps and it's like looking at a mirror image of myself in 2006 with the baggy clothes & the tall tee's, while those out here in Inglewood/East LA/Long beach have moved onto bright colors and tighter pants. In in the end it's all love because while although I prefer the sight of the ladies here down south I've dated more chicks from up north because of their laid-back personalities.

Originally Posted by TmAk15

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

If you're talking internationally, a @#$% load of people  move to the Bay Area just off the strength of Silicon Valley alone. Within the US,you have celebrities/people fascinated with the "hollywood lifestyle" flocking to LA.
Personally, I've found  a huge difference between LA and LA County, if that makes sense. All the people I've met from actual LA are CONSTANTLY talking/bragging about LA, especially when it has nothing to do with the conversation. And they're the type that take this Bay Area vs. Socal @#$% way too seriously with some people refusing to even visit the other region
indifferent.gif
 Even my other Socal friends can't stand them 
laugh.gif

(Again, this is what I've experienced PERSONALLY. Not saying everyone is like this)

People from other cities in LA County are just like Bay Area folk. We joke around sometimes about the Bay Area vs Socal thing, but we visit each other's respective regions and have too much fun to be worried about that petty @#$%. I want to live in SF in the future just cause of how walkable it is compared to LA, but living in LA would be cool too. a 5 hour drive/1 hr plane ride isn't a big deal 
laugh.gif
I was born n raised in the city of LA and I haven't noticed the bragging about the city aside from sports. In regards to the whole regional argument between north and south I didn't even know it existed until I went to college in Santa Barbara with a pretty even mix of people from both sides. Cats from both the IE and Tahoe/Sac were the main ones startn beef, I guess it's because of the isolation and that bro-rage, with their "Norcal" and "Socal" decals on their trucks. From the many friends I've made from up North the styles seem very reflective upon what type of city they're from. People from LA and SF are the most eclectic with their taste, the SFV/IE bro style reflects that of Tahoe/Sac with the extreme sports gear, Palo Alto/Berklee being the northface snob counterpart to the RVCA snob of the OC. I agree with the laid-back sentiment about those in Vallejo/Oakland/San Jose, because I hang these peeps and it's like looking at a mirror image of myself in 2006 with the baggy clothes & the tall tee's, while those out here in Inglewood/East LA/Long beach have moved onto bright colors and tighter pants. In in the end it's all love because while although I prefer the sight of the ladies here down south I've dated more chicks from up north because of their laid-back personalities.
Well put, I cosign this. I didn't know their was any kind of rivalry until i went to college, and the main instigators were those from the areas listed. Ironic to because both areas have very little to offer as far as culture and landmarks.  Besides Sacramento I suppose 

Originally Posted by LORENander

im from the bay, but i went to undergrad at uci. not gonna lie, id love to move back to socal if i had the chance. for me the people up north are not as superficial, and are generally friendly. though i will admit theres some better looking women down there. san francisco is great because theres lots to do without travelling too far. the la area has lots to do as well, you just gotta do some driving. id give the nod to the bay's public transportation system as well. 
traffic is nowhere on the level of socal, though we are starting to get toll roads. to add on to that theres no nasty layer of smog that you can see in the sky. there are more options up here for all you snowboarders because of tahoe, but socal has plenty of beaches and great weather. socal has more grub options, especially when it comes to the late night munchies (carne asada fries, the hat, etc.). listening to mixes on the radio in socal make me cringe. i dont need drake to tell me whats going on 50 times before the dj plays the rest of the song, but i do notice they have more stations down there to listen to top 40/hip hop/alternative rock, etc. so theres a plus for that. fans tend to be die hard out here, but there is a massive laker fans base thats been up here too. i do find it funny when people on my newsfeed go "warriors won! lakers lost!" or something like that though. mini victories i suppose haha. 

the thing is i feel like i didnt do everything i wanted to while i was living in socal, and i associate socal with being me being more independent since i went down there for school. its a matter of preference. i like the bay, but im not ruling out moving back. 

I pretty much agree with this. The only difference is that I went to UCLA instead of UCI. Someone also mentioned it earlier, but I think a preference also depends on where you are in life. Living in Silicon Valley (San Jose), it's a great place to grow up and raise a family in your 30's and beyond. But for a 25 year old like myself, San Jose doesn't have as big of a nightlife compared to places in SoCal. Sure SF is a good alternative, but I feel that SoCal has more options for someone who wants that fast paced life. However, whenever I settled down and have a family and blah blah, I think I'd rather raise them in NorCal, where it's more mellow.

I have lived in both So and No ..Grew up in Norcal, and I personally prefer more of the mellow on oppose to the fast pace.  I don't do too much of the night life so when it comes to that it doesn't make a difference to me.  FYI I live in Napa and can't compain 
smile.gif
  .  Socal, I def enjoyed but would much rather visit.
-UNDFT-

Would you guys who lived in both agree that it is a bit more "segregated" in socal? Like the asians hangin with asians and the latinos with latinos etc. At least thats what my friends who go to school down there said

Originally Posted by doin90onthefreeway

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

Boy if you can find that pic on google images I'll retire my screen name.

ru6z9y.jpg

on the second page
laugh.gif
grin.gif
glasses.gif
What did you type in to find it. 
Cuz I googled "ammo" and "ammunition" and looked up to page 30 and didn't find that picture.

You could've easily just looked at the pic url and just reposted it.

Nor Cal is way more chill
I can't stand listening to So Cal _s talk either always hella late with the slang
Wouldn't be surprised to hear one of them _'s breakout in some skip skop scallywag jalopy talk

trees in the Bay > trees in LA.

and thats all that matters
laugh.gif

at the end of the day, CA in general > *

im from socal and never been to nor cal. i dont like what ive seen as far as the people ive met. they just seem extra to me. maybe im just biased.

haha this thread went in a direction i did not expect. I shoulda known better.

I was really just curious about actual clothing styles but i guess you can't separate culture from gear.
There was some truth dropped though in regards to style.

My dream is to have a beach house down south, an apartment in SF, and a fat farm/ranch in the countryside nearish the bay.
pimp.gif
dreaminnnnnn
pimp.gif

I would describe the difference between Bay Area style and Socal style would be the pace and the pride. Bay Area pace seems to be a lot faster due to SF and Silicon Valley, but there are slower scenes like Marin and the wine country. I also noticed that Bay Area style is very proud of its locale, to the point that a Norcal vs. Socal mentality develops. I didn't realize there was such a beef between Norcal and Socal people until all these Norcal sweaters and stickers started popping up everywhere. But I guess it also stems from SF Giants fans hating LA Dodger fans. I also noticed a lot of Bay Area folk hating on the Lakers and rooting for their opponents, yet repping Golden State hard.

And that whole "hella" thing was funny at first, but people blow it way out of proportion. Shoot, I used "hella" every now and again, before I knew it was a "Norcal thing" and I was born and raised in Socal.

That being said, from where I stand, when it's time for me to settle down, I'd prefer to live in the Bay Area. Their tap water tastes better, they have more trees, and SF public transit takes a big ol' doo doo on all of Socal's public transit. Looking at it environmentally, Norcal has almost ALL the water, and Socal needs to buy it and aqueduct it down. But never know, Socal weather, friends, and family would keep me in Socal.

Back
Top Bottom