CALI STYLE: How would u describe the difference in Bay Area style vs LA/socal style??

I only read one page but I imagine this thread is full of ignorant tweens like mauriciogarcia !%%%$%$+ on Oakland when most likely they've never really left their own block.

Oakland Hills, Rockridge, Montclair, Moraga Ave/Piedmont Ave, Trestle Glenn/Lakeshore Ave, Redwood Heights, Chabott, College Ave/Alcatraz, Grass Valley.... less than 5% of us will ever make enough money to own a house in these neighborhoods.
I've seen everything this city has to offer, from the Acorn projects to mansions on Skyline Blvd. Truth is out of all the mid - major cities I've been to, at their worst they're all comparable to Oakland's worst, at their respective best, few can compare to Oakland's best (and I'm not talking about expensive neighborhoods, I'm talking about culture, lifestyle, people, etc). There's a reason why it's expensive as %!*% to live here, the hood included, and no it's not just because of the close proximity to San Francisco.

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

Originally Posted by got shoes

and plus who watnts to visit oakland and sacramento? i have never heard anybody say that i am going on vacation to oakland and sacramento.

oakland and sacramento are the armpits of california.

wow!!!!!!! so you think people would want to visit Compton, Watts, San Bernardino or South Central? No offense to my NT people that stay down there. But just like Oakland, these towns are just the same. Pros and cons about any city. Don't even try to go there fam. 

oakland is still equivalent to cleveland
so where you from cuz?

Being born in Oakland and now currently living in LA I can certainly tell the differences. They're both
pimp.gif
though

wow!!!!!!! so you think people would want to visit Compton, Watts, San Bernardino or South Central? No offense to my NT people that stay down there. But just like Oakland, these towns are just the same. Pros and cons about any city. Don't even try to go there fam. 

oakland is still equivalent to cleveland
so where you from cuz?

stockton 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I only read one page but I imagine this thread is full of ignorant tweens like mauriciogarcia !%%%$%$+ on Oakland when most likely they've never really left their own block.

Oakland Hills, Rockridge, Montclair, Moraga Ave/Piedmont Ave, Trestle Glenn/Lakeshore Ave, Redwood Heights, Chabott, College Ave/Alcatraz, Grass Valley.... less than 5% of us will ever make enough money to own a house in these neighborhoods.
I've seen everything this city has to offer, from the Acorn projects to mansions on Skyline Blvd. Truth is out of all the mid - major cities I've been to, at their worst they're all comparable to Oakland's worst, at their respective best, few can compare to Oakland's best (and I'm not talking about expensive neighborhoods, I'm talking about culture, lifestyle, people, etc). There's a reason why it's expensive as %!*% to live here, the hood included, and no it's not just because of the close proximity to San Francisco.

but its still oakland
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by doin90onthefreeway

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

smokin.gif

Lakers-Kobe-Bryant-2010-NBA-Champion.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

too bad the Bay area loves the Lakers as much as SoCal does
eyes.gif

the warriors have no fanbase and now the Kings are leaving Sac
laugh.gif
norcal
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
The amount of ignorant comments I've been reading on NT recently has been unprecedented. There needs to be an age and IQ requirement. 

Guys, let's just all get along.

At the end of the day, whether you're in Norcal or Socal, just be happy you're not in Fresno, Bakersfield, or Stockton.

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

When most people move to Cali, what part do they typically move to?
grin.gif

If you're talking internationally, a @#$% load of people  move to the Bay Area just off the strength of Silicon Valley alone. Within the US,you have celebrities/people fascinated with the "hollywood lifestyle" flocking to LA.
Personally, I've found  a huge difference between LA and LA County, if that makes sense. All the people I've met from actual LA are CONSTANTLY talking/bragging about LA, especially when it has nothing to do with the conversation. And they're the type that take this Bay Area vs. Socal @#$% way too seriously with some people refusing to even visit the other region
indifferent.gif
 Even my other Socal friends can't stand them 
laugh.gif

(Again, this is what I've experienced PERSONALLY. Not saying everyone is like this)

People from other cities in LA County are just like Bay Area folk. We joke around sometimes about the Bay Area vs Socal thing, but we visit each other's respective regions and have too much fun to be worried about that petty @#$%. I want to live in SF in the future just cause of how walkable it is compared to LA, but living in LA would be cool too. a 5 hour drive/1 hr plane ride isn't a big deal 
laugh.gif

im from the bay, but i went to undergrad at uci. not gonna lie, id love to move back to socal if i had the chance. for me the people up north are not as superficial, and are generally friendly. though i will admit theres some better looking women down there. san francisco is great because theres lots to do without travelling too far. the la area has lots to do as well, you just gotta do some driving. id give the nod to the bay's public transportation system as well. 
traffic is nowhere on the level of socal, though we are starting to get toll roads. to add on to that theres no nasty layer of smog that you can see in the sky. there are more options up here for all you snowboarders because of tahoe, but socal has plenty of beaches and great weather. socal has more grub options, especially when it comes to the late night munchies (carne asada fries, the hat, etc.). listening to mixes on the radio in socal make me cringe. i dont need drake to tell me whats going on 50 times before the dj plays the rest of the song, but i do notice they have more stations down there to listen to top 40/hip hop/alternative rock, etc. so theres a plus for that. fans tend to be die hard out here, but there is a massive laker fans base thats been up here too. i do find it funny when people on my newsfeed go "warriors won! lakers lost!" or something like that though. mini victories i suppose haha. 

the thing is i feel like i didnt do everything i wanted to while i was living in socal, and i associate socal with being me being more independent since i went down there for school. its a matter of preference. i like the bay, but im not ruling out moving back. 

Back
Top Bottom