California Considers 4 Day Work Week For Larger Companies

Is this a sign of people being lazy?

• Yes (Lift up your bootstraps)

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • No (A shorter work week boosts morale and productivity)

Votes: 44 86.3%

• Total voters
There are a few countries that have already implemented this I believe. Supposedly it actually increases productivity over time.

camron-killa.gif

A 4 day work week with remote work are shifts that are needed in the job market.
"No one wants to work anymore". No one wants to be exploited anymore
They cried about the 5-day work week when it was proposed too
They'll get over people only working 4 days and at home if they want to

I work 4 days a week and I will not take another job even if it's a larger salary if they aren't offering a 4 day work week. 3 would be ideal. There's no turning back for me.

It's a simple work life balance...4 days at a work 3 days off. 5 and 2 makes no damn sense.

I work 4 days a week and I will not take another job even if it's a larger salary if they aren't offering a 4 day work week. 3 would be ideal. There's no turning back for me.

It's a simple work life balance...4 days at a work 3 days off. 5 and 2 makes no damn sense.
3 is ideal?

Bruh is already ahead of the game in the 4 day work week :smokin

The comments on the post are wild. It's crazy how even everyday people can be against something for the betterment of their own lives.
-I read an article about middle management not liking work-from-home arrangements because it exposes how so many middle managers add little value to companies.

There are to be overlords of lower-level employees' lives. There suppose value is just "managing people" and not something related to the company's bottom line

If employees are at home, upper management realizes that they don't need so much middle management.

There are other jobs where people probably realize that their value is dependent on people being in the office.

This pandemic has taught us that there are a lot of jobs you don't have to physically be present for. The pointless meeting I had to do yesterday for work was done via my phone. Lectures I used to have to show up to give are just as effective virtual. Moving to a hybrid in person and at home model should be the new wave.

The comments on the post are wild. It's crazy how even everyday people can be against something for the betterment of their own lives.
They don't know any better. They've been conditioned to assign value to unnecessary labor.

There's also the natural fear of change. They believe it's always been this way because labor history isn't talked about enough. We collectively know of things like child labor being outlawed but aren't generally aware of how much literal blood was shed for the few workers rights and "privileges" that exist today. Like the weekend.

-I read an article about middle management not liking work-from-home arrangements because it exposes how so many middle managers add little value to companies.

There are to be overlords of lower-level employees' lives. There suppose value is just "managing people" and not something related to the company's bottom line

If employees are at home, upper management realizes that they don't need so much middle management.

There are other jobs where people probably realize that their value is dependent on people being in the office.
Job security at the expense of others. Nasty!!

The pandemic and working from home has exposed so much about productivity that I don't think there's no turning back.

This pandemic has taught us that there are a lot of jobs you don't have to physically be present for. The pointless meeting I had to do yesterday for work was done via my phone. Lectures I used to have to show up to give are just as effective virtual. Moving to a hybrid in person and at home model should be the new wave.
Not just pointless meetings but pointless work in general. I can’t count how many times I’ve had managers give me tasks that don’t add any value because they knew I wasn’t that busy and wanted to fill my down time with bull**** or say “we need you around in case something comes up”. What the **** is gonna come up on a Friday at 2pm?

3 is ideal?

Bruh is already ahead of the game in the 4 day work week :smokin
Yeah. 3 13's is great. It's a long *** day but those 4 days off is well worth it.
Also, there are some hospitals that will pay you for 40 hours to do 3 12 hour shifts. So 4 free hours.

And you get paid extra if you work after 2 pm and even more after 6 pm.

This is every topic of change in this country, ppl just go against their best interest and things that make sense cuz they been brainwashed to think the current way is the only way and scared of change

Ppl can’t even agree if we should have better healthcare or education so I know some cats gon fight to be in somebody office 5 days a week for no reason :lol: :smh:

do you mind sharing this article bud

This is every topic of change in this country, ppl just go against their best interest and things that make sense cuz they been brainwashed to think the current way is the only way and scared of change

Ppl can’t even agree if we should have better healthcare or education so I know some cats gon fight to be in somebody office 5 days a week for no reason :lol: :smh:
The irony of people with this mentality is they’re using the internet to comment on these things, but they’re the same type of people who would’ve whined and complained 20 years ago about how the internet will ruin everything and they only want their news from a paper :lol:

Yeah. 3 13's is great. It's a long *** day but those 4 days off is well worth it.
Also, there are some hospitals that will pay you for 40 hours to do 3 12 hour shifts. So 4 free hours.

And you get paid extra if you work after 2 pm and even more after 6 pm.

What do you do in the hospital? I remember you saying you valet park or something, or was that someone else.

Yea I rather work long shifts then get days off. I'm working my long week of 12 hour days right now then I officially get 2 weeks off. I use those 2 weeks to do more work tho :lol: but I try to give myself 7 total days off a month.

Last edited:
What do you do in the hospital? I remember you saying you valet park or something, or was that someone else.

Yea I rather work long shifts then get days off. I'm working my long week of 7 hour days right now then I officially get 2 weeks off. I use those 2 weeks to do more work tho :lol: but I try to give myself 7 total days off a month.
interventional radiology
never valet parked in my life :lol:

Back
Top Bottom