California Considers 4 Day Work Week For Larger Companies

Is this a sign of people being lazy?

• Yes (Lift up your bootstraps)

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • No (A shorter work week boosts morale and productivity)

Votes: 44 86.3%

• Total voters
I'd rather take Monday off.

Friday's are generally chill at many jobs anyway. (Outside of the high stress locations)

We have to find a way to break-up the school week though. 5 straight days of instruction isn't working for the modern child.

During virtual instruction, WEDS was our day for clubs/fun stuff. Everyone needs that because folks are just going through the motions at this point.

You right but due to the childcare aspect of school ppl gonna resist breaking up the school week…Weds as a chill virtual day sounds good tho

Yeah let's redefine Mondays as the new weekend, it's had a bad rap.

And especially since Sunday has turned into a big brunch/day party/turn up time now, it’s basically another Saturday but you gotta go to work early the next day :lol: :smh:

Dunno why, cats can't handle a little food and drink? But yeah I remember prior companies starting to threaten folks about not showing up that day.
It’s locked in as a national day of partying/celebrating, kinda like NYE …Should get that next day off like Jan 1st

I never had a job threaten us about the Super Bowl.

I did have a job saying I couldn't have the day off to move though. that was a good one. :lol:

Nah I’d rather have Friday off. That morning rest on Friday followed by the night turn up would be elite.

I do agree, employees have all the leverage right now.

But these big corporations aren’t gonna sit back and not try to manipulate the situation and/or find a loophole.

Although companies are suffering from no workers, guess who else is suffering? Us, the customer. Have you called ANY customer service/1-800 number trying to get an issue fixed? I’ve been in hold with airlines for HOURS trying to get an issue resolved. It’s the new norm and I don’t see that changing much.

Warms my heart to see employers desperate for employees still. I see places here offering $15 - $18 dollars an hour for things like a cart attendant.

Remember working 7/12 for a while once before. Never again lol.

I'm late to this.

So its, work 32 hours, get paid 32 hours?
Or
Work 32 hours get paid 40 hours?

If it's the first one ^ isn't that less income?
If it's the 2nd one ^...run it.

😒 that's less money & more leisure

I'm cool.
you don’t wanna still get paid for 40 hours but work less? …It’s no loss of money in this proposal :lol:

All that’s changing is the number of hours n days worked weekly

I’m all for working the less and getting paid more but what if you’re hourly?

They just force them to bump up your pay?

you don’t wanna still get paid for 40 hours but work less? …It’s no loss of money in this proposal :lol:

All that’s changing is the number of hours n days worked weekly

Sounds like it, the whole point of this is to cut a day with no change in your pay

Thats interesting. Because from a company's stand point, they rather hire a potential candidate to work More hours for Less pay.

And I'm sure they'll eventually find it(especially if that position is at stake).

I'm late to this.

Or

Yeah I'm thinking it's the 1st.. Only positive is you can get overtime at hour 33 instead of hour 41..

I'm late to this.

Or

It's the 2nd one.

Can I do this remotely??

Work a job from Monday-Thursday and another weekend gig (Fri-Sun) sounds like a nice way to make decent income

I went from having a 3 day weekend every week with mondays to a 3 day weekend with Fridays.

Both have there pro's and con's.
Mondays was nice cause everyone is at work and you can get stuff done or have some peace and quiet
Fridays is nice cause it feels more like the weekend starts early. You can call Mondays a weekend but no one else is treating Mondays like the weekend. Also, lots of holidays are observed on Mondays so you get a free 4 day weekend.

Either way it's the best schedule I've ever had and crucial for traveling. Whenever I wanna take some pto I usually just use it on a Monday or Thursday and the 4 day weekends are clutch

It could be long depending where you live. the 10 hrs can easily turn to 12 if you factor in getting ready and commute time and then boom half your day is gone. But you're not lying about the extra days, I had old colleague's that prefer 4x10s. WFH got me spoiled :lol:

Yea, I start counting the hours from the time I leave my house to start my commute.

I’ve noticed this when my manager was proposing to push our Friday team meetings to Thursday. Plus they’ve implemented our on site work days Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, with wfh on Tuesday and Friday. Lol so everyone including directors are just pushing Friday meetings to Thursdays lol

Back
Top Bottom