California Considers 4 Day Work Week For Larger Companies

Is this a sign of people being lazy?

• Yes (Lift up your bootstraps)

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • No (A shorter work week boosts morale and productivity)

Votes: 44 86.3%

• Total voters
California needs to worry about not important things line out of control homelessness, ridiculous gas prices and it’s crappy liberal politicians, who have literally destroyed this once great state, before this needless issue.

Probably da worst state in da Union. Soy Bois and Scums cry in their Veg Wraps for a 4 day work week when Gas Prices hit $10 per gallon.

lets go!

who do you think created the 5-7 day work week? rich folks, kings, queens, slave owners.....did they work 5-7 days a week? nah it just takes a few hours a week to bark out orders

if there are professions that require more than 32 hours....then those companies should pay more money into social security so those folks retire sooner......

Worked 4/10 before. It was pretty awesome. I'm all for it. Even more so if it's only 32 hours a week.

Currently in a position where I could get away with only working part time if I wanted to. Probably gonna hold off on that for a few more years though.

I'm all for it as long as my company doesn't unload more work on us per shift because of the change.

At my company there was no working from home pre-covid unless needed; "Post"-Covid we were one of the first companies to return to offices (June 2021), 5 days a week by July :lol:

Needless to say people were pissed, left the company, still worked from home anyway. We are now "preferred in office" but "flexible work" from home is an option

For me that means going into the office 1-2x a week. If nothing else people realized and don't accept the amount of time we were wasting pre-covid

Last edited:
California needs to worry about not important things line out of control homelessness, ridiculous gas prices and it’s crappy liberal politicians, who have literally destroyed this once great state, before this needless issue.

Poor salty MAGA trailer trash stay mad they can't afford to live in Cali. :lol:

Just stick to your poverty stricken, fat poorly educated, coal mining rural Tuckybama towns.

Poor salty MAGA trailer trash stay mad they can't afford to live in Cali. :lol:

Just stick to your poverty stricken, fat poorly educated, coal mining rural Tuckybama towns.
punched-wwe.gif

How will companies try to combat this? Because you know they have a plan already

-move out of California?
-new hires get hired to work 32 hours (not “40”)?
-no raises/lower “hourly pay”?

How will companies try to combat this? Because you know they have a plan already

-move out of California?
-new hires get hired to work 32 hours (not “40”)?
-no raises/lower “hourly pay”?
Hard to say but it’s also said that this will only apply to large organizations with more than 500 employees.

Hard to say but it’s also said that this will only apply to large organizations with more than 500 employees.
And those companies are usually the ones the most cut throat when it comes to profit/losses and staff means nothing to them.

I’d be all for it. If you count the number of productive hours I work a week anyways, I’m pretty much at 4 days a week

I’d be all for it. If you count the number of productive hours I work a week anyways, I’m pretty much at 4 days a week

There's definitely a decline in mental acuity and willingness to put in effort as the week goes by. Unfortunately for me weekends are usually super busy.

the idea of working 4x10's is nuts. I was offered that timeslot at an old job and said hail no :lol:
the days too long?
i've been on this schedule for almost 3 years now. friday saturday sunday off every week is so good for your soul.

the days too long?
i've been on this schedule for almost 3 years now. friday saturday sunday off every week is so good for your soul.

It could be long depending where you live. the 10 hrs can easily turn to 12 if you factor in getting ready and commute time and then boom half your day is gone. But you're not lying about the extra days, I had old colleague's that prefer 4x10s. WFH got me spoiled :lol:

Back
Top Bottom