California propositions thread: Props 1,2,3,8,9,11,12 Pass, Props 4,5,6,7,10 fail

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

its not your job to say what someone else can do.
and it's not anyone's job either to tell them that they can't vote yes.

I voted yes on 8 based on my values. Are you trying to impose your values on me and say that I can't vote yes on 8?

It goes both ways regardless. Let the votes decide.

because your "values" affect others lives. How about you let everyone live their life and let GOD sort it out

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Originally Posted by enyceking

let them chickens stretch they legz got dammit
Why, either way they are going to die anyway.
if you were being raised as food would you rather spend your days in a box or a condo??
The thing is we're going to pay for their condo. They are specifically born and raised to be on my plate, what difference would living in luxury make?
You ever have Kobe Beef?

if you were being raised as food would you rather spend your days in a box or a condo??
The thing is we're going to pay for their condo. They are specifically born and raised to be on my plate, what difference would living in luxury make?
i dunno man im torn. i mean i love chicken. but im not down with the mistreatment of animals
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

if you must think of it like that...think of it as God's way of avoiding over crowding. We honestly dont need everyone in the world reproducing
and if you must think its a sin, its not your job to say what someone else can do...that is GODS JOB...not YOU
His way of preventing over crowding? You cannot be effing serious. He said "be fruitful and multiply". Why would He go against that?
laugh.gif
And I'm sure death would take care of things. And don't say their isn't enough food or water. There is. We were taught to eat to live. There is plenty of food. Check peoples' cabinets and fridges.

And your right it is His job to judge but don't we live in a system where judges and juries send people to be fried in a chair or injected with poison?

But whose judging? Everyone I've seen are giving their opinions. When you give your opinion on murdering being wrong aren't you judging too?

im not talking only in this country. China and India are overcrowded...there are severe food shortages around the world.
How about you put the bible down and pick up a newspaper

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

You ever have Kobe Beef?
Yes, it was phenomenal, but it's high on price. Doing all that would jack up the prices over here also.
indifferent.gif

I voted yes on 8 based on my values. Are you trying to impose your values on me and say that I can't vote yes on 8?

because your "values" affect others lives. How about you let everyone live their life and let GOD sort it out

Exactly. I voted yes. Can I breathe?

You ever have Kobe Beef?
Yes, it was phenomenal, but it's high on price. Doing all that would jack up the prices over here also.
indifferent.gif
You gotta pay to play

You ever have Kobe Beef?
indifferent.gif
You gotta pay to play
Along with everyone else if that passes.

I voted yes on 2
pimp.gif
....I voted no on 8...I just feel it's discrimination. I do understand the arguments on the "yes" side though.

It has passed.

Prop 2 is a go.
I seriously reccomend you to read the link I posted on the top of page 4.

I seriously need to know from you Yes on Prop 8 voters... Do you guys seriously think it is okay for the majority to strip away fundamental rights from a groupof minorities through the constitution just because you feel they shouldn't have that right due to your own personal values? I really need to know this.

I guess I'm happy for animals that will get the best care possible before they get their insides rips out, limbs tornapart, and meat chopped-up into dozens of pieces. I guess making an animal happy before you kill it makes you feel good about yourself.
eyes.gif

word. how does gay people getting "married" negatively affect your life? the only argument i've heard has been "i don'twant my children learning about gays in school," which i believe was baseless and simply a scare tactic by the yes on 8 campaign. even still, thatargument sounds kinda like "i don't want my children going to school with black kids."

if 8 passes, i'm positive it will adversely affect gay peoples' lives.

my opinion: we shouldn't decide OTHER people's civil rights based on PERSONAL moral judgments. it's 2008... let's grow up.

Originally Posted by DL2352

I seriously need to know from you Yes on Prop 8 voters... Do you guys seriously think it is okay for the majority to strip away fundamental rights from a group of minorities through the constitution just because you feel they shouldn't have that right due to your own personal values? I really need to know this.
What my values are ain't your problem. And no, you don't need to know. Why? So you can justify your values against ours? So you can judgeus yet complain about why we voted yes? I can respect those that Vote No on 8. That's their values. I don't understand why you can't respect ours.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Men have penises, women have vagina's.
I don't what this has to do with anything.
First of all, you don't have to have sexual relations to be a happy, married couple.
You don't have to be married to be happy either and that has everything to do with it.
No doubt, but if you're just a couple and not married, you don't have the same rights that a man/woman marriage would have.
Why should gay couples be denied the same rights and privlidges as a man/woman marriage?
that's pretty much how i stood on 8. it's not so much about the actual ritual of getting married. it's the financial and socialprivileges that straight couples are given when they get married that should be given to gays as well. who am i to deny those rights to two people who loveeach other, regardless of sexual orientation, race, or religion. it just doesn't feel right.

mad.gif
@ prop K in SF getting rejected.
laugh.gif

I seriously need to know from you Yes on Prop 8 voters... Do you guys seriously think it is okay for the majority to strip away fundamental rights from a group of minorities through the constitution just because you feel they shouldn't have that right due to your own personal values? I really need to know this.
What my values are ain't your problem. And no, you don't need to know. Why? So you can justify your values against ours? So you can judge us yet complain about why we voted yes? I can respect those that Vote No on 8. That's their values. I don't understand why you can't respect ours.

What my values are ain't your problem. And no, you don't need to know. Why? So you can justify your values against ours? So you can judge us yet complain about why we voted yes? I can respect those that Vote No on 8. That's their values. I don't understand why you can't respect ours.
He does have some good points here
nerd.gif

48% in
Yes = 53%
No = 47%

Originally Posted by RKO2004

if you must think of it like that...think of it as God's way of avoiding over crowding. We honestly dont need everyone in the world reproducing
and if you must think its a sin, its not your job to say what someone else can do...that is GODS JOB...not YOU
His way of preventing over crowding? You cannot be effing serious. He said "be fruitful and multiply". Why would He go against that?
laugh.gif
And I'm sure death would take care of things. And don't say their isn't enough food or water. There is. We were taught to eat to live. There is plenty of food. Check peoples' cabinets and fridges.

And your right it is His job to judge but don't we live in a system where judges and juries send people to be fried in a chair or injected with poison?

But whose judging? Everyone I've seen are giving their opinions. When you give your opinion on murdering being wrong aren't you judging too?

im not talking only in this country. China and India are overcrowded...there are severe food shortages around the world.
How about you put the bible down and pick up a newspaper
Bro my bible is down. There are many places on this earth to live. Man made borders. And as far as a food shortage, other countries that are welloff need to spread the wealth and help other human beings. The bible is down. That was straight human reasoning to human reasoning. We have so much food andwater here it sits on shelves. There isn't a food shortage. There is a common sense shortage. I'll take your silence.

To all those who are for equal rights for all people (democracy). Here is a picture for you. Gay marriage will pass sooner or later as you can tell from theseCNN exit polls. Our new younger generation is forward thinking here in California and we will soon get past this step backwards we took today. Look at how theyounger demographic voted on Prop 8.

What if the majority of the country felt interracial marriage was wrong...it would be right to ban interracial marriage?
its ok to not agree w/ something or someone...but to tell them they cant do something because you dont agree (when it doesnt affect you at all) is
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom