California propositions thread: Props 1,2,3,8,9,11,12 Pass, Props 4,5,6,7,10 fail

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

Disclaimer: I didn't vote yes or no on 8, i left it blank cuz I really couldn't pick a side. But I'll help out you Yes on 8's.

No on 8 people, do you agree with indecent exposure laws? There's a minority out there that wants to live life nude. Yet they can't, because if they go to school or go to work, they get arrested. Forget about a job. Forget about having a life in any place besides nude colonies. So you're saying if there was a measure that legalized public nudity you'd vote for it? It doesn't affect you right? I mean, if you see a nude person, then you could just turn away. If you work with a nude person then you don't have to look. If there was a nude teacher at your child's school that would be okay right?

Then 20 years down the road, nudists are everywhere. What if all of a sudden your child said, "I want to be a nudist."

Best comparison I've heard on NT..
Problem is, marriage is a civil right already granted by the state constitution.

Are you seriously saying that if you were driving down the street and you saw a gay couple on the sidewalk that you would be able to tell whether they weremarried or had a civil union? The answer is no. Their marriage would have have no effect on your life. What you're describing is people choosing to gonaked (I don't personally think homosexuality is a choice but that's another topic for another thread) and that DOES have an effect on others. You say"Oh they're naked, you can just turn away." That right there is already affecting my life so I have no idea how this is in any way a goodcomparison.

Comparing nudists to gay marriage. Where's a "reaching" gif when you need one..

RKO2004 wrote:

Says who? We were born nude. We have proof of that
laugh.gif
. But I never seen a baby come out ooooglling over the same sex.

I've never seen a baby come out oogling over the opposite sex either.

As a parent of a child who's life was saved by the Children's Hospital here in LA i can at at least say with a smile on my face it looks like Prop 3 isgoing to pass.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by Fecta23

Disclaimer: I didn't vote yes or no on 8, i left it blank cuz I really couldn't pick a side. But I'll help out you Yes on 8's.

No on 8 people, do you agree with indecent exposure laws? There's a minority out there that wants to live life nude. Yet they can't, because if they go to school or go to work, they get arrested. Forget about a job. Forget about having a life in any place besides nude colonies. So you're saying if there was a measure that legalized public nudity you'd vote for it? It doesn't affect you right? I mean, if you see a nude person, then you could just turn away. If you work with a nude person then you don't have to look. If there was a nude teacher at your child's school that would be okay right?

Then 20 years down the road, nudists are everywhere. What if all of a sudden your child said, "I want to be a nudist."

This analogy is terrible, gay people dont choose to be gay, a gay guy for some reason just loves *@%$ and as gross as that is to me, it is not up to me to judge them and take away their rights. Again terrible analogy.
Says who? We were born nude. We have proof of that
laugh.gif
. But I never seen a baby come out ooooglling over the same sex.
One of my friends has a little brother who came out of the closet a couple years ago( it was always know
laugh.gif
he was mad suspect) but anyway back to the point, talking to his parents aboutit they said they have known since he was 2 that he was gay did he make a choice at 2 to wanna do dudes for the rest of his life? no he was BORN that way.

laugh.gif
at the nudists analogy. i think that means it's time for me to stop reading this thread, yall reaching now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Chronos1296

gay people dont choose to be gay, a gay guy for some reason just loves *@%$ and as gross as that is to me, it is not up to me to judge them and take away their rights.
So you're saying gay people are born gay? Which is arguable. Umm, nudists were born...nude.
If a nude guy walked down the street and 'brushed' a woman, she would file a sexual harassment lawsuit in two seconds. If a gay couple walks down the street and touches you, you would continue to walk and not thing twice... in fact you would probably apologize for getting in their way.
Again, suppose they wear clear clothes and there's provision that they must be perfectly clean and sterile. What are her grounds of filingsexual harassment? Why is she imposing her will on those clear clothes wearing people? Just because society says being nude or clearly clothed is wrongdoesn't mean that she has the right to impose that on the nudists. How dare she do that and how dare she vote against being clearly clothed. How dare shelet her beliefs impose their rights to be nude or clearly clothed.

Originally Posted by FeelMode

As a parent of a child who's life was saved by the Children's Hospital here in LA i can at at least say with a smile on my face it looks like Prop 3 is going to pass.
smile.gif

pimp.gif
Awesome man.
I didn't vote for it to pass(It wasn't written too well IMO, way too many loopholes, and too much money).

Still, I'm not upset that it's going to pass.
I like the cause for the prop.

sucks prop 8 passed. But looking at the statistics, seems like the next generation of californians have the right idea. there will probably, hopefully, be areferendum

laugh.gif
at the one dude saying inter-racial marriage is a bad analogy

a few pages later...

someone gives an anology using nudists.

you have got to be kidding me.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DL2352

Problem is, marriage is a civil right already granted by the state constitution.

Are you seriously saying that if you were driving down the street and you saw a gay couple on the sidewalk that you would be able to tell whether they were married or had a civil union? The answer is no. Their marriage would have have no effect on your life. What you're describing is people choosing to go naked (I don't personally think homosexuality is a choice but that's another topic for another thread) and that DOES have an effect on others. You say "Oh they're naked, you can just turn away." That right there is already affecting my life so I have no idea how this is in any way a good comparison.

Wait what happens if they want to get married at my church but my pastor doesn't agree too it so they start a big ol up roar and my pastor issome how forced to do so or be stripped of

his license?
indifferent.gif
the difference is that NO ONE has the right to be nude in public so no one is being discriminated against.

What if they fight against the law. Will you support them?

Really this can go on forever. At anytime we can agree to disagree.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Prop 10 has failed.
I'm really disappointed by this, looks like Californians aren't thinking as far ahead as I thought.
smh.gif

Super bummed on this. I really thought 7 & 10 had a chance. It's a bad look for California, it really is. Coupled with the embarrassment of Prop 8passing it really gives me a reality check on the state i live in.

^^ Elaborate your last point
If they want to have the freedom to walk in public nude. Would you support it? I mean its not hurting you. Plus they were born nude.

They wont bite.

Ya'll know whats crazy? Ya'll have a wildfire problem. Maybe you should try to come up with a plan instead of dropping water on it.

Are you seriously saying that if you were driving down the street and you saw a gay couple on the sidewalk that you would be able to tell whether they were married or had a civil union? The answer is no. Their marriage would have have no effect on your life. What you're describing is people choosing to go naked (I don't personally think homosexuality is a choice but that's another topic for another thread) and that DOES have an effect on others. You say "Oh they're naked, you can just turn away." That right there is already affecting my life so I have no idea how this is in any way a good comparison.

Wait what happens if they want to get married at my church but my pastor doesn't agree too it so they start a big ol up roar and my pastor is some how forced to do so or be stripped of

his license?
indifferent.gif
the difference is that NO ONE has the right to be nude in public so no one is being discriminated against.

No church is forced to marry any couple. When the hell does that ever happen? Are you kidding? Why would a gay couple go to a church that openlyrejects them to get married? Most gay couples get married at city hall.

and I'll play along with your ridiculous nudist "argument". No I would not support them. Nobody has the right to be exposed in public so whyshould they? And like someone else said, if some naked dude ran by me and bumped into me, best believe I'll be calling the cops on him for sexualharassment and public lewdness
sick.gif

Prop 10 has failed.
I'm really disappointed by this, looks like Californians aren't thinking as far ahead as I thought.
smh.gif

Super bummed on this. I really thought 7 & 10 had a chance. It's a bad look for California, it really is. Coupled with the embarrassment of Prop 8 passing it really gives me a reality check on the state i live in.

yeah i think most people did not do their homework on the propositions

Prop 10 has failed.
smh.gif

Super bummed on this. I really thought 7 & 10 had a chance. It's a bad look for California, it really is. Coupled with the embarrassment of Prop 8 passing it really gives me a reality check on the state i live in.
I at least thought 10 would pass given what we've been through with the gas prices the past few years but I guess I was wrong.

Clothed people have the right to be in public, have a job, etc.

People who wear clear clothes everyday and are perfectly sterile don't have that right. Is that fair?

Who says that your idea that being clothed is "normal"? Morals? They don't care about your morals and they shouldn't dictate rights forpeople. You have no right to take away those rights from clear clothed perfectly sterile people.

To me, seems similar to:

Straight people have the right to marry.

People who are gay don't have that right. Is that fair?

Who says that your idea that being straight is "normal"? Religion? They don't care about your religion and it shouldn't dictate rights forpeople. You have no right to take that away from gay people.

They're both a debate about what's "normal" or what's "right" and who decides what's right. That's different fordifferent people. Its very controversial and I don't think there's a right or wrong answer. Which is why I didn't vote for either. I just feltbad for these Yes on 8's that were getting bashed on.

Wait what happens if they want to get married at my church but my pastor doesn't agree too it so they start a big ol up roar and my pastor is some how forced to do so or be stripped of

his license?
indifferent.gif

No church is forced to marry any couple. When the hell does that ever happen? Are you kidding? Why would a gay couple go to a church that openly rejects them to get married? Most gay couples get married at city hall.

and I'll play along with your ridiculous nudist "argument". No I would not support them. Nobody has the right to be exposed in public so why should they? And like someone else said, if some naked dude ran by me and bumped into me, best believe I'll be calling the cops on him for sexual harassment and public lewdness
sick.gif

Why would Black go and stage sit ins and try to get service at places they weren't wanted?And what happens when they want to get married like a traditional couple in a big beautiful church? They want to be underthe Lord roof too.

Wait so your denying their rights because you don't think its right or grotesque?

Californians are voting for too much spending and our state government can't even pass a budget. SMH.
What? With all that money over there. Man Kobe should come out them pockets.

Californians are voting for too much spending and our state government can't even pass a budget. SMH.

Clothed people have the right to be in public, have a job, etc.

People who wear clear clothes everyday and are perfectly sterile don't have that right. Is that fair?

Who says that your idea that being clothed is "normal"? Morals? They don't care about your morals and they shouldn't dictate rights for people. You have no right to take away those rights from clear clothed perfectly sterile people.

To me, seems similar to:

Straight people have the right to marry.

People who are gay don't have that right. Is that fair?

Who says that your idea that being straight is "normal"? Religion? They don't care about your religion and it shouldn't dictate rights for people. You have no right to take that away from gay people.

They're both a debate about what's "normal" or what's "right" and who decides what's right. That's different for different people. Its very controversial and I don't think there's a right or wrong answer. Which is why I didn't vote for either. I just felt bad for these Yes on 8's that were getting bashed on.
Once again, this is a ridiculous analogy. I don't know why you keep pushing it but I'll help you out by shutting it down for you.Homosexuality is not against the law. Public exposure/lewdness is. NOBODY has the right to be naked in public. It's not a question of what's normal orwhat's moral. It's against the law everywhere. Marriage on the other hand is a civil right of ALL Californians.

im still baffled at how being nude in public is like letting gays get married?

what? how can something you can't see or even know when it takes place, or even if you saw a married gay couple if they were walking down the street orplaying mini golf or eating wendy's and not knowing if they were married of friends or whatever, being compared seeing someone who is fully nude walkingdown the street or working at an office?

smh.gif
smh.gif

Once again, this is a ridiculous analogy. I don't know why you keep pushing it but I'll help you out by shutting it down for you. Homosexuality is not against the law. Public exposure/lewdness is. NOBODY has the right to be naked in public. It's not a question of what's normal or what's moral. It's against the law everywhere. Marriage on the other hand is a civil right of ALL Californians.
Homosexuality Nudity inprivate is not against the law. Public exposure/lewdness Gay marriage / matrimony is. NOBODY has the right to be naked in public gay and married. It's not aquestion of what's normal or what's moral. It's against the law everywhere. Marriage Going out in public on the other hand is a civil right of ALL Californians.

Back
Top Bottom