California Supreme Court UPHOLDS gay marriage ban.... but existing same-sex marriages to stand

Originally Posted by kix4kix

MARRIAGE IS A RELIGIOUS TERM. IF IT IS AGAINST RELIGION FOR GAYS TO MARRY THAN SO BE IT.

ok... but the constitution is clearly against the interaction of the church and state.

so then, by that logic, shouldn't all states cease to recognize marriages, nationwide? why are certain benefits conferred to a church institution, whenthe government is very clearly against supporting any religion?

off topic...but nako XL: i just caught myself staring at your avy for like 45 seconds...no joke
laugh.gif

Its utterly ridiculous how some posters can say such things as ignorance, or stupid or non compassionate when I am only stating how I feel about this topic. Weall know as now that gay supporters will call my opinion false, stupid, ignorant, punkish, any other word out there.

The truth is none of you are looking at my side.Your just throwing it off to the side because it's stupid as you call it. I feel like I'm being"Discriminated" against because everyone just shoots me down and doesn't look at it from my side. Its my religion that a Man and a Woman are tobe married.Im not a bible freak by any means. I just simply believe in the bible.. Is that wrong? Is that ignorant because I simply believe in something thathas been around for thousands of years. Is it outlandish that I feel gays should not be allowed to marry. You ALL are ignorant!

Originally Posted by John Ohh

Its utterly ridiculous how some posters can say such things as ignorance, or stupid or non compassionate when I am only stating how I feel about this topic. We all know as now that gay supporters will call my opinion false, stupid, ignorant, punkish, any other word out there.

The truth is none of you are looking at my side.Your just throwing it off to the side because it's stupid as you call it. I feel like I'm being "Discriminated" against because everyone just shoots me down and doesn't look at it from my side. Its my religion that a Man and a Woman are to be married.Im not a bible freak by any means. I just simply believe in the bible.. Is that wrong? Is that ignorant because I simply believe in something that has been around for thousands of years. Is it outlandish that I feel gays should not be allowed to marry. You ALL are ignorant!
I'm sick of people like you that think it's okay to let YOUR religion define laws in our gov't. Nobody cares about your religion beingaround for thousands of years. I'm so sick of religion being used in ANY legal argument.

DubA169 wrote:

Its utterly ridiculous how some posters can say such things as ignorance, or stupid or non compassionate when I am only stating how I feel about this topic. We all know as now that gay supporters will call my opinion false, stupid, ignorant, punkish, any other word out there.

The truth is none of you are looking at my side.Your just throwing it off to the side because it's stupid as you call it. I feel like I'm being "Discriminated" against because everyone just shoots me down and doesn't look at it from my side. Its my religion that a Man and a Woman are to be married.Im not a bible freak by any means. I just simply believe in the bible.. Is that wrong? Is that ignorant because I simply believe in something that has been around for thousands of years. Is it outlandish that I feel gays should not be allowed to marry. You ALL are ignorant!
I'm sick of people like you that think it's okay to let YOUR religion define laws in our gov't. Nobody cares about your religion being around for thousands of years. I'm so sick of religion being used in ANY legal argument.

So what do you vote on then? You have to have some kind of backround or religion on why you voted for yes or no. You did not just walk into the booth and sayhmm I feel like gays should be allowed to marry without any reason why.
A religion(any religion not including mine) that has been around for hundreds of thousands of years>A constitution or government that has been around forless than 300.

DubA169 wrote:

I'm sick of people like you that think it's okay to let YOUR religion define laws in our gov't. Nobody cares about your religion being around for thousands of years. I'm so sick of religion being used in ANY legal argument.

So what do you vote on then? You have to have some kind of backround or religion on why you voted for yes or no. You did not just walk into the booth and say hmm I feel like gays should be allowed to marry without any reason why.
A religion(any religion not including mine) that has been around for hundreds of thousands of years>A constitution or government that has been around for less than 300.
laugh.gif
you realize religion was developed to explain the UNKNOWN and manipulate the masses, right? regardless, if you believe that gaysshouldn't be married because your religion says so, fine. but some of your previous comments didnt boil down to it being simply a religious matter. and iTHINK you claimed how it's a choice one makes, which you also have no basis on. your opinion is fine, but trying to state that it's a choice to be gayor straight isn't really valid.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

DubA169 wrote:

So what do you vote on then? You have to have some kind of backround or religion on why you voted for yes or no. You did not just walk into the booth and say hmm I feel like gays should be allowed to marry without any reason why.
A religion(any religion not including mine) that has been around for hundreds of thousands of years>A constitution or government that has been around for less than 300.
laugh.gif
you realize religion was developed to explain the UNKNOWN and manipulate the masses, right? regardless, if you believe that gays shouldn't be married because your religion says so, fine. but some of your previous comments didnt boil down to it being simply a religious matter. and i THINK you claimed how it's a choice one makes, which you also have no basis on. your opinion is fine, but trying to state that it's a choice to be gay or straight isn't really valid.

And again their is no proof that gays are born like that, so its invalid either way. Im not homophobic if thats what you are implying.

DubA169 wrote:

laugh.gif
you realize religion was developed to explain the UNKNOWN and manipulate the masses, right? regardless, if you believe that gays shouldn't be married because your religion says so, fine. but some of your previous comments didnt boil down to it being simply a religious matter. and i THINK you claimed how it's a choice one makes, which you also have no basis on. your opinion is fine, but trying to state that it's a choice to be gay or straight isn't really valid.

And again their is no proof that gays are born like that, so its invalid either way. Im not homophobic if thats what you are implying.

nope, not implying that at all

Originally Posted by WickedNikes

DubA169 wrote:

laugh.gif

nope, not implying that at all

Okay No disrespect towards you man. I know I come off as cocky or stuck up and I try not to be, I just am. But It was intresting seeing other'sviewpoints on this matter and maybe taking a better look on how id feel.

DubA169 wrote:

laugh.gif

Hey speaking of things with no proof of their existence....how is that religion thing working out for you?
laugh.gif

I kid. Kind of.

Its utterly ridiculous how some posters can say such things as ignorance, or stupid or non compassionate when I am only stating how I feel about this topic.

Why is it ridiculous to judge someone on how they view certain civil rights? If someone is a racist or an ageist is it 'utterly ridiculous' to judgethem because of their messed up views?

why does it matter if someone chooses to be gay or is born gay?
laugh.gif

i could care less how they became gay......just don't let them fools get married

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

why does it matter if someone chooses to be gay or is born gay?
laugh.gif

i could care less how they became gay......just don't let them fools get married
why are you so against it?

Originally Posted by CWrite78

i feel bad for all these fools hiding behind religion.

Fools? Lol. Man when you guys get mad you sure don't hold back. You all want people to respect and see the world through you're eyes but when theydon't, the name calling and etc begins. You're just as bad as we are. Funny isn't it?

im not calling every person that is in to their religion a fool, just the ones that get asked a question and have to refer back to the bible/child molestingpriest/fairy tales their parents told them to answer it. you can tell it isn't their personal opinion, but something they were brainwashed to think/say.did i hit close to home?

Originally Posted by RKO2004

i feel bad for all these fools hiding behind religion.

Fools? Lol. Man when you guys get mad you sure don't hold back. You all want people to respect and see the world through you're eyes but when they don't, the name calling and etc begins. You're just as bad as we are. Funny isn't it?
honestly RKO... besides religion what is your reason behind being agasint gay marriage?

and that's part of the point people are trying to make...

Separation of Church/State
People are forcing their religious ideals onto other people
denying other people rights based on religious reasons

all these things are being ignored when dealing with gay marriage...

DubA169 wrote:

really?? that's a damn shame. Arguing about any legal issues with you would be pointless with you....

point blank, a majority of people were aloud to vote to take away human rights for another group of people who were in the minority. It sets a HORRIBLEprecedence.

im not calling every person that is in to their religion a fool, just the ones that get asked a question and have to refer back to the bible/child molesting priest/fairy tales their parents told them to answer it. you can tell it isn't their personal opinion, but something they were brainwashed to think/say. did i hit close to home?
Whats wrong with using the bible? Is there some rule that doesn't allow the use of the bible? Fairy tales? You have ignorance written all overyou but you somehow think you're ignorance is above the ignorance you tag us with. No you didn't hit anywhere near home. I know where I stand and who Istand with. I don't stand alone on basic human understanding. I like how you all think you have the way, the key to life but we're the ones with winecolored glasses. You ever took a second to think maybe you're the one looking through the wine shades?

I'd rather be a spiritual kook then and directionless know it all.
honestly RKO... besides religion what is your reason behind being agasint gay marriage?

and that's part of the point people are trying to make...

Separation of Church/State
People are forcing their religious ideals onto other people
denying other people rights based on religious reasons

all these things are being ignored when dealing with gay marriage...
Like I said. I haven't and wont vote on the matter. I know its wrong and that's where I'll stand. I don't plan on voting on iteither.

EB I could tell you its unnatural but that's only going to end in me throwing myself to the wolves. I aim to live for God and what He wants. I fail manytimes but I will continue to try until I breath no more. God designed marriage for Man and Woman. I simply know its wrong under my beliefs.

See, everything is fine when you are forcing you're ideals on others but when someone else pushes it on you, world war 3 starts. Of course our rightsaren't on the line from surface view EB but deep down, this will spill into the churches. We will be forced to marry them. Like our Dirty has quoted manytimes. A problem isn't a problem if it doesn't affect you. Lets see how many of you hero's and soldiers stand up when we are the victims of hateand intolerance.
laugh.gif
See we shall white knights.

I love Dark Knight. Great movie.

Use your religion for oppression.

Use it to protect the ignorant and destroy the non-believers.

It is you that shreds the fabric of humanity, you who would deny a person their dignity and freedom to 'protect' hateful ideologies that run thousandsof years too long.

You who breaks apart any hope for unity, creating walls and raising drawbridges.

Mankind's anguish rests in the hearts and minds of those who cannot and will not embrace their fellow man.

It is not the discrepant who keeps us apart, it is you.

You.

Why is it ridiculous to judge someone on how they view certain civil rights? If someone is a racist or an ageist is it 'utterly ridiculous' to judge them because of their messed up views?

How do you view the discrimination against incestual couples who wish to marry?

it's funny how you can post a reply to someone's post on a topic and they completely dismiss it and move straight into the next thread with the exactsame uncompromising bias and adamant enthusiasm in tearing down others' opinons. You'll never learn anything new that way. You only accept that whichreconfirms an opinion youve already decided wholly upon despite any logic that brings question to what you choose to follow.

Havent read through all these pages and not going to but if the argument is regarding marriage and the role of government, why not work to remove the role ofgovernment over marriage rather than trying to alter the definition of an institution founded in religion? Make all marriages recognized as civil unions bythe state and leave the actual "marriage" business to the churches where they come from. So if there are individual churches that want to recognizegay marriages, let them...dont make marriage government business. seems like the fairest solution imo.

and smh @ these people attacking other individuals' religions. He already stated his opinion was based on a lack of evidence...on top of that, he has anintuitive recognition of reality that isnt warped into what yours is. Interesting to see you get angry at him for it when it seems like he did nothing but askfor mutual respect for his viewpoint.

RKO2004, i apologize, i was out of line and shouldn't have attacked people's views on their religion. as you stated, it doesn't make me any better.but the whole marriage ban is extremely ridiculous (IMO) and @%! backwards.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Use your religion for oppression.

Use it to protect the ignorant and destroy the non-believers.

It is you that shreds the fabric of humanity, you who would deny a person their dignity and freedom to 'protect' hateful ideologies that run thousands of years too long.

You who breaks apart any hope for unity, creating walls and raising drawbridges.

Mankind's anguish rests in the hearts and minds of those who cannot and will not embrace their fellow man.

It is not the discrepant who keeps us apart, it is you.

You.

Maybe its YOU who keep us apart. You and you're beliefs. Maybe? No of course not because you are blameless because you view the world like everyone else. Ihave embraced my fellow man. I will not lay down my beliefs for my fellow man. I'll die before that happens. Why don't you come to my side of lifesince you want unity so bad. You point the finger so well but I bet you never said "Self. Maybe I should go to their way of life.".

The dream of "unity" on this planet will be the downfall of many.

RKO2004, i apologize, i was out of line and shouldn't have attacked people's views on their religion. as you stated, it doesn't make me any better. but the whole marriage ban is extremely ridiculous (IMO) and @%! backwards.
I apologize as well if I have offended anyone.

See I don't want to make it seem like I don't want gays to be happy. I hope they do find it. But I also want them and everyone to know what they aredoing. Like I said, I will not vote on it. I'll let God be the judge of that. I wont play a part in it. But like I asked, if it gets to the point where ourchurches are forced to marry gays, how many of you will stand and defend us? How many of you will plead you're hearts for us?

Seriously. How many of you White Knights will come and defend us when we need it?

Originally Posted by BTonNT

Why is it ridiculous to judge someone on how they view certain civil rights? If someone is a racist or an ageist is it 'utterly ridiculous' to judge them because of their messed up views?

it's funny how you can post a reply to someone's post on a topic and they completely dismiss it and move straight into the next thread with the exact same uncompromising bias and adamant enthusiasm in tearing down others' opinons. You'll never learn anything new that way. You only accept that which reconfirms an opinion youve already decided wholly upon despite any logic that brings question to what you choose to follow.

Havent read through all these pages and not going to but if the argument is regarding marriage and the role of government, why not work to remove the role of government over marriage rather than trying to alter the definition of an institution founded in religion? Make all marriages recognized as civil unions by the state and leave the actual "marriage" business to the churches where they come from. So if there are individual churches that want to recognize gay marriages, let them...dont make marriage government business. seems like the fairest solution imo.

and smh @ these people attacking other individuals' religions. He already stated his opinion was based on a lack of evidence...on top of that, he has an intuitive recognition of reality that isnt warped into what yours is. Interesting to see you get angry at him for it when it seems like he did nothing but ask for mutual respect for his viewpoint.
the reason why incest is illegal is because 9 times out of ten, it was the result of child sexual abuse.

Originally Posted by BTonNT

The health risks that can occur from that incestuous couple having a child is the reason it's illegal.

Back
Top Bottom