California Supreme Court UPHOLDS gay marriage ban.... but existing same-sex marriages to stand

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

I bet this guy wishes he didn't choose to be gay!

or this guy

or this guy..

I guess had they not chosen to invite that world of hatred into their lives they would still be around. Please people, before choosing your sexuality look at the mistakes these guys made. Their deaths could have easily been prevented had they not made that decision to be gay.

ok and blacks were hung because of the color of their skin.......whats your point....hate crimes arent limited to gays....gays are treated just like everybodyelse except they can't get married......and i wish they wouldn't let gays adopt....damn shame them kids have to grow up in that unnatural envioronment

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

Originally Posted by got shoes

Originally Posted by Mr Cool Grey

Originally Posted by swizzc

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
WHOOOOOOTTTTTTT WHOOOOTTTTT!!!!

Gays dont deserve to be married under the constitution.

wow. Do some research my dude. Don't forget about African American's fam. I don't know if your Black, but we were on the outside looking in also. real talk

no e thuggin but if you came at me w/ that african american argument you would get straight dropped.....jesus could be standing right there and i still would....bringing that up is so god damn offensive that it makes no god damn sense.....the only thing a gay dude is denied is marriage....freaking marriage......blacks in the past would've jumped for joy if that was the only thing they were denied back in the day....

i doubt that...

or this guy

or this guy..

I guess had they not chosen to invite that world of hatred into their lives they would still be around. Please people, before choosing your sexuality look at the mistakes these guys made. Their deaths could have easily been prevented had they not made that decision to be gay.

ok and blacks were hung because of the color of their skin.......whats your point....hate crimes arent limited to gays....gays are treated just like everybody else except they can't get married......and i wish they wouldn't let gays adopt....damn shame them kids have to grow up in that unnatural envioronment
I'd have to say you're pretty naive if you're using the word "treated". What about the residual benefits of marriage? Health care benefits to a spouse based on marriage. Larger tax thresholds?

What is a natural environment?

I find it ironic you have the SN "LifeLessons". Life has taught us that slavery was disgusting, women are as capable as men and should be treatedso, and millions of other things.

or this guy

or this guy..

ok and blacks were hung because of the color of their skin.......whats your point....hate crimes arent limited to gays....gays are treated just like everybody else except they can't get married......and i wish they wouldn't let gays adopt....damn shame them kids have to grow up in that unnatural envioronment

Yeah, you just voided any credibility with your last two posts. You would 'drop someone?'
roll.gif
roll.gif
Yeah, I am sure you would. please.

And my point wasn't saying that hate crimes are exclusive to gays. My point is that if being gay is a choice (
eyes.gif
), these kids chose to invite such hatred into their lives. These kids chose tobe outcasts. They chose to be different. They chose that.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

wow. Do some research my dude. Don't forget about African American's fam. I don't know if your Black, but we were on the outside looking in also. real talk

no e thuggin but if you came at me w/ that african american argument you would get straight dropped.....jesus could be standing right there and i still would....bringing that up is so god damn offensive that it makes no god damn sense.....the only thing a gay dude is denied is marriage....freaking marriage......blacks in the past would've jumped for joy if that was the only thing they were denied back in the day....

i doubt that...

you're crazy....if they were treated equal...werent slaves and the ONLY unfair thing done to them was not getting married....do trust they wouldve tradedin what they was going through for that......

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i doubt that...
QFT... im sure blacks would have acted the EXACT SAME WAY gays are acting right now...

but my thing is i just dont understand why people care so much about what other people are doing...

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

or this guy

or this guy..

I'd have to say you're pretty naive if you're using the word "treated". What about the residual benefits of marriage? Health care benefits to a spouse based on marriage. Larger tax thresholds?

What is a natural environment?

I find it ironic you have the SN "LifeLessons". Life has taught us that slavery was disgusting, women are as capable as men and should be treated so, and millions of other things.

when did i say slavery wasnt disgusting? .....i just don't agree w/ gay marriage....its unnatural.....i dont have problems w/ gay people though and wishthem the best...and to lobo it is offensive as hell to compare gays to the black struggle....martin luther is rolling in his grave to that argument

Further more, what "Rights" have we denied homosexuals? You dudes kill me with that, nobody is against them.
^Exactly.

Some interesting facts

California affords domestic partnerships the same rights & responsibilities as marriages under state law (Cal. Fam. Code §297.5):

• Making health care decisions for each other.

• Hospital & jail visitation rights.

• Access to family health insurance plans (Cal. Ins. Code §10121.7)

• Spousal insurance policies (auto, life, homeowners etc..) (Cal. Ins. Code §381.5)

• Sick care & similar family leave

• Stepparent adoption procedures

• Presumption that both members are parents of a child born into the partnership

• Suing for wrongful death of a domestic partner

• Rights involving wills, intestate succession, conservatorships and trusts

• Same property tax provisions (Cal. R&T Code §62p)

• Access to some survivor pension benefits

• Supervision of Cal Superior Court over dissolution & nullity proceedings

• Can file state tax returns as a married couple (260k) (Cal R&T Code §18521d)
Gays receive all these RIGHTS yet still crying like a bunch of babies because they cannot legally be married on PAPER!
eyes.gif
Give me a break!

The flip side to that is, if you're allowing all those benefits...why not just allow them to get married..on paper..

After all, its just paper right.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i doubt that...

you're crazy....if they were treated equal...werent slaves and the ONLY unfair thing done to them was not getting married....do trust they wouldve traded in what they was going through for that......
are you implying that gays should be thankful that they aren't treated like people who were owned by others? You internalize everything to thepoint where no one will have it as bad as you have never had it. So drawing comparisons between the two isn't valid because the level of atrocitiesaren't exactly the same in your book?

and i also feel sorry for any child who is adopted by gay parents....
smh.gif
.....they're going to grow up confused as hell....lobo all i'm saying is that iget offended when someone who is for gay rights try comparing their situation to what blacks went through.....thats all....this is one of the few issues i sidew/ the conservatives with....especially the southern ones....they'll never let this slide east of mississippi

QUESTION FOR THOSE WHO SAY HOMOSEXUALITY IS A CHOICE

WOULDNT THAT ALSO IMPLY THAT BEING HETEROSEXUAL IS A CHOICE TOO?

Originally Posted by ericberry14

nerd.gif

personally, i dont see how it's a choice. you can't choose who you're attracted to

whoa whoa whoa! You aren't bringing logic into this thread are you? Please sir, check all logic at the door.

The supreme court didn't uphold the gay marriage ban though. They upheld the idea that the people of California do have the right to drastically change theConstitution of California based on a popular vote alone without having to go through the legislature. Yes by doing this the essentially upheld the ban, butthey weren't judging based on the proposition itself.

Either way California is just prolonging the inevitable.

i could careless if Jim go out w/ Dan......i just don't think Jim should be able to marry Dan....let them get benefits....don't call it marriage though
laugh.gif
....call it something else....make up a word for their bond

whoa whoa whoa! You aren't bringing logic into this thread are you? Please sir, check all logic at the door.
Whoa whoa whoa! What about the people who actually do choose to be gay? Like the females who switch teams because they are tired of guys or theguys in prison who were probably straighter than pole having sex with men because of the lack of female presence.

What are you new?

Last time I checked...... in science..... you have to have a MALE and a FEMALE to create offspring..... meaning it's the NORMAL thing to be heterosexual asthat's the way you're made so that you can REPRODUCE

Correct me if I'm wrong though.....
indifferent.gif

Cuz I mean it'd make sense if every single person in the world were homosexual so that no one could reproduce

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Whoa whoa whoa! What about the people who actually do choose to be gay? Like the females who switch teams because they are tired of guys or the guys in prison who were probably straighter than pole having sex with men because of the lack of female presence.

then thats their choice...but that doesn't mean all homosexuals are like that and i'm sure we all know that so what was the point in bringing it up?

you're crazy....if they were treated equal...werent slaves and the ONLY unfair thing done to them was not getting married....do trust they wouldve traded in what they was going through for that......

it would have come up at some point trust and believe...

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Whoa whoa whoa! What about the people who actually do choose to be gay? Like the females who switch teams because they are tired of guys or the guys in prison who were probably straighter than pole having sex with men because of the lack of female presence.

then thats their choice...but that doesn't mean all homosexuals are like that and i'm sure we all know that so what was the point in bringing it up?
To counteract mouse. I believe if not all, majority choose. Thats opinion though.

Oh, you mean aside from gender, sexual organs, biological factors (menstrual cycles, ovulating, etc), and biochemical factors (hormones, pheromones, etc)?

None of that tips you off that heterosexuality is the natural state?

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Originally Posted by Burns1923

There is zero scientific evidence that homosexuality is genetic.

If it were, there would be a gene and/or additional genetic determinants present.

There is none.

Furthermore, if homosexuality was genetic, it would be passed down. But since gay people cannot reproduce, and therefore the "gay gene" cannot be passed on, wouldn't there be very little, if any, gay people left?

It's a choice but has been argued as genetic in efforts to legally legitimize it (ex. the gay marriage issue).

just be quiet...

not to mention gay people can reproduce... since im sure alot of gay people just repress those feelings & live heterosexual lifestyles & have children... which would be "passing the gay gene"...

not saying there is one, just pointing out the failure of your logic

Huh?

I pointed out that gays don't reproduce because they do not engage in activity that results in a pregnancy. Technically, they retain the ability to reproduce but, of course, only with the opposite sex.

I stated scientific facts that disprove homosexuality as genetic.

Your rebuttal is to say that you're "sure alot of gay people just repress those feelings & live heterosexual lifestyles & have children... which would be "passing the gay gene"... "? Really? That's your argument?

So most gay people are repressed individuals living straight and producing families, and that's how the "gay gene" is "passed"?

Did you not just read that there is no gay gene? It doesn't exist and therefore cannot be passed on.

The only failure in your case is that you posted a knee-jerk reaction of a comment without processing any facts on the subject.

"Just be quiet"?

Typical intellectually-ignorant response.
Your the ignorant one since apparently you didn't even understand what he was trying to get at.

Most of you are idiots and un-educated on the subject. There is no point in aruging with you when you are already close minded.

If you think homosexuality is a choice. Why does it show up in every culture? If it is still a choice then it must be a naturally choice... Greek and Latin (bythe way Cupid was the god of homosexual love), Romans, and the United States, etc...

Most of you people have never sat next to a gay person let alone talked to them if you are this filled with hatred.

Saying your magic book tells me what to believe and this is wrong. But just remember people have used the Bible as a means to deny rights to Blacks, Italians,Irish, English, Israelis, Palestinians, Asians, and Africans.. You can hold on to your religious convictions that will argue any point you want when you wantto and I will be a human being and argue for people who do not denigrate our society where as your hatred does.

Also SUNDoobie it may be voted for by the CA residents BUT if you go to 1960's Mississippi and said should African-Americans have the right to be citizens,it would have been voted against.

But in due time it will be allowed. Just like every progressive matter.

The hell is wrong with people in here? If gays want to get a piece of paper AND added rights what the hell does that have to do with YOU or how you live yourlife? Ya'll be acting like a bunch of bigots in here.

Back
Top Bottom