Calipari to Kentucky.

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

maybe Bob Knight can be summoned to Memphis, have him name his price, and save the Tigers.....
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
I kid, I kid...
laugh.gif
grin.gif

nerd.gif
i'm listening

whats the contract situation with Tim Floyd out in USC? I don't want none of these fake and old Calipari assistants

I guarantee they don't win a NC w/in his first 5 years. The hype is warranted for Cal but that ball program needs more than 5 star recruits to win.

This statement by the AD is just horrible.

What do you expect? He's from Kentucky.

Can someone explain the whole graduation rate to me? Is it how many players on a team graduate or how many seniors graduate? So players who leave earlydon't effect the number?

they said his base salary was 400k, but dude is brining in 32 million with endorsements and tv deals? and then possibly another 3 mill if Kentucky wins

Now Memphis will likely turn to USC coach Tim Floyd.

Multiple sources told CBSSports.com that Floyd is the probable target and that the native southerner would listen, though it's unclear if he'd want to follow John Calipari at Memphis unless the money was too much to turn away. As one source put it: "Tim already followed Phil Jackson in Chicago. Why would he want to follow Cal in Memphis?"

Fair point.

A list of other possible candidates includes Ole Miss' Andy Kennedy, Western Kentucky's Ken McDonald, UTEP's Tony Barbee, and Florida State's Leonard Hamilton. And if the boosters who are upset with Calipari for leaving wanted to send a message that Memphis will remain nationally relevant -- and infuriate their former coach in the process -- they could package a lucrative deal similar to the one they were prepared to give Calipari and make a run at Calipari's nemesis, Bruce Pearl. On the surface, it seems unlikely that Pearl would consider leaving Tennessee for Memphis, but a contract worth $3 million per year would make him think about it, I'm certain.

Originally Posted by EB4President

Can someone explain the whole graduation rate to me? Is it how many players on a team graduate or how many seniors graduate? So players who leave early don't effect the number?
The graduation rate is percentage of players that graduate within 6 years of enrolling. So basically, a school's graduation rate this year isbased off of how many freshmen that enrolled from 4-6 years ago had graduated. Players leaving early do affect the numbers.

Originally Posted by RellNye

I guarantee they don't win a NC w/in his first 5 years. The hype is warranted for Cal but that ball program needs more than 5 star recruits to win.
Agree with you here 100%.

lookin over 2011 kids who have Memphis interest..

Yall think it's funny what Cal can pull with this class?
laugh.gif

Cause 2011 talent level takes a dump on 2009, and I can already see him gettin 3 top 10 kids.

wow... Forde went in. I don't usually like a lot of his stuff, but I enjoyed this read a lot.. however, it does seem like he's a little angry here.
laugh.gif

How do you feel about sharing office space? Because you might walk in one day and find Worldwide Wes sitting in your chair with his feet on your desk.

You know about Wes, right? Of course you do. Everyone in basketball knows William Wesley, aka Wes, even if nobody knows exactly what the loosely defined but tightly connected power broker does. But the important thing isn't his job description -- it's his results. Wes helped hook up Memphis with some of its best players under Calipari: Dajuan Wagner, Derrick Rose, Chris Douglas-Roberts and Tyreke Evans.

With those guys under his wing, Wes went wherever Wes pleased in Memphis -- locker room, practice facility, good seats at the FedEx Forum, too. Heck, I even ate with him once at the Tigers' training table. He's a charming guy, has a lot of charisma -- just don't ask him too much about his business.

With Wes, your job is to accommodate. Not interrogate.

What's your outlook on package deals, Mitch? You cool with them? If not, I suggest a change of attitude. When Calipari goes after big fish, the net tends to bring in some sucker fish, too.

When he signed Juanny Wagner, he also got his dad as a staff member (Milt Wagner, even without a college degree) and his best friend (Arthur Barclay, despite limited ability). A positive side effect: Milt stayed several years after Juanny left and got his degree.

When he signed Evans, he got his personal strength coach, Lamont Peterson, too. But really, what high school kid doesn't come with his own strength coach these days?

And there even have been some prepackaging efforts. C.J. Henry, who hadn't played basketball in years after trying his hand at professional baseball, enrolled at Memphis this past August to play hoops. Surprisingly enough, his brother, Xavier -- considered by many the No. 1 high-school senior in America -- signed with the Tigers in November.

What about an occasional scrape with the law, Mitch? Guys such as Sean Banks, Andre Allen and Kareem Cooper got multiple chances to stay on the Memphis team and still couldn't do it.

Any opinion on prep schools, Mitch? Some of them have gotten a lot of negative publicity as academically sketchy diploma mills in recent years from the likes of The New York Times and Washington Post, but be prepared to deal with them. Calipari has relocated many an academic reclamation project to prep school. Among them: Joey Dorsey, Shawne Williams, Antonio Anderson, Robert Dozier and the aforementioned Cooper.

Hey, you and I both know Memphis is hardly the only place that works package deals. Or has players who get into trouble. Or goes the prep school route. These days, that's accepted as the price of doing business in the big leagues, isn't it?

Well, Calipari manages to stuff that stat sheet on all those fronts.

eek.gif

Yeah, Pat Forde went all out. There aren't too many dudes on ESPN who would've had the balls to say all that.

Originally Posted by outkast9984

man if kansas can pull of lance and xavier they will have a good squad next year..

understatement of the year.

they'd easily be title favourites if cole and sherron return.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

lookin over 2011 kids who have Memphis interest..

Yall think it's funny what Cal can pull with this class?
laugh.gif

Cause 2011 talent level takes a dump on 2009, and I can already see him gettin 3 top 10 kids.
Mike Gilchrist At UK
smh.gif

cal pulled a real b move,, didnt show up to the memphis part of the press conference tour

Arizona has found its head coach per GOAZCATS and will be announced either today or tomorrow...

It's either Few, Capel, Floyd, or Pearl

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

Arizona has found its head coach per GOAZCATS and will be announced either today or tomorrow...
Wojo
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'll cry tears of joy.

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

"What I would hope is all the players that signed at Memphis will go to Memphis," Calipari said. "That's my hope."

"My hope"
laugh.gif

[T.I.] Who you think you foolin, You, Know I'm Way Too Cool For You, To Run That Game On Me... [/T.I.]

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's either Few, Capel, Floyd, or Pearl
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Wojo
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Wojo is the heir apparent to coach K remember?

If 'Cuse didn't name Mike Hopkins as Boeheim's replacement I could have saw U of A or Memphis going for him.

Back
Top Bottom