Call me crazy but sure seems this way....

It's called

"Hypebeasts"

That's what 90% of the JB posters are, they probably never liked these "must haves" until they see them coming out again and are all of a sudden in love with them

-Cool story bro

OP -you contradict yourself at every turn -don't worry about what the next man does -just do you.

-Cool story bro

OP -you contradict yourself at every turn -don't worry about what the next man does -just do you.

I like new shoes. I like subtle changes that set apart the retros. Call me crazy but I like how they are releasing shoes alot so people can rock the kicks they want to.

I like new shoes. I like subtle changes that set apart the retros. Call me crazy but I like how they are releasing shoes alot so people can rock the kicks they want to.

I did see jordan play growing up, and I wont lie I never had a pair of jays. I wasnt concerned as to what was on his feet, but what made him fly really. It was incredible watching him play and even though I was young I remember it like it was yesterday. Come middle school all the kids started getting nice kicks like shox or whatever and I never had them... Im 19 now and collect pretty heavily, I was beasting in the beginning and had a whole bunch of "must haves" now I buy stuff I genuinely like... Im a sucker for 4's so I did get the anni's even though everyone was bashing them. I like the inspiration and design aspect of each shoe, and I buy for many reasons, not to beast, but I do agree that most here do beast... look at the cg thread. (i think they are ugly, but concords :tongue:imp)... end of rant...

I did see jordan play growing up, and I wont lie I never had a pair of jays. I wasnt concerned as to what was on his feet, but what made him fly really. It was incredible watching him play and even though I was young I remember it like it was yesterday. Come middle school all the kids started getting nice kicks like shox or whatever and I never had them... Im 19 now and collect pretty heavily, I was beasting in the beginning and had a whole bunch of "must haves" now I buy stuff I genuinely like... Im a sucker for 4's so I did get the anni's even though everyone was bashing them. I like the inspiration and design aspect of each shoe, and I buy for many reasons, not to beast, but I do agree that most here do beast... look at the cg thread. (i think they are ugly, but concords :tongue:imp)... end of rant...

Originally Posted by babyJs23

I agree the releases back when they first came out and retroed fit, feel, look, and have way better quality...

...but on the other hand. I think people buy the "must have" shoes because nowdays it's all about fashion. Everyone has to have the newest and cleanest shoe, hat, jacket, shirt, etc to keep up with today's fashion regardless of the defects, yellowing, sqeaking, or whatever they are all complaining about.

Many people can't afford to save up a few hundred dollars due to the recession, loss of job(laid off), and due to bills that we all have racked up with credit cards, and things we think are necessary to us at the time, to buy the OG's and first round of retros so they only can afford to buy the releases that JB is releasing now. If resellers wouldn't rack or jack up the prices due to hype, people would be able to buy shoes off eBay, here on NT, and everywhere else they can with out a problem.

Many people have not had the chance to watch MJ play because 95% of collectors now are very young and are only buying J's because of the hype, following the fashion, and because of their favorite celebrity but the other 5% have. I (now at 28 yrs of age) have had the opportunity to watch him play when I was younger and I fell into collecting from my father. He collected, watched him play, took me to a couple of Bulls vs Lakers games, and passed down most of his collection to me. In all, I understand where you're coming from but then again, I see both sides.
+1  Well said.  

Originally Posted by babyJs23

I agree the releases back when they first came out and retroed fit, feel, look, and have way better quality...

...but on the other hand. I think people buy the "must have" shoes because nowdays it's all about fashion. Everyone has to have the newest and cleanest shoe, hat, jacket, shirt, etc to keep up with today's fashion regardless of the defects, yellowing, sqeaking, or whatever they are all complaining about.

Many people can't afford to save up a few hundred dollars due to the recession, loss of job(laid off), and due to bills that we all have racked up with credit cards, and things we think are necessary to us at the time, to buy the OG's and first round of retros so they only can afford to buy the releases that JB is releasing now. If resellers wouldn't rack or jack up the prices due to hype, people would be able to buy shoes off eBay, here on NT, and everywhere else they can with out a problem.

Many people have not had the chance to watch MJ play because 95% of collectors now are very young and are only buying J's because of the hype, following the fashion, and because of their favorite celebrity but the other 5% have. I (now at 28 yrs of age) have had the opportunity to watch him play when I was younger and I fell into collecting from my father. He collected, watched him play, took me to a couple of Bulls vs Lakers games, and passed down most of his collection to me. In all, I understand where you're coming from but then again, I see both sides.
+1  Well said.  

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

It's called

"Hypebeasts"

That's what 90% of the JB posters are, they probably never liked these "must haves" until they see them coming out again and are all of a sudden in love with them
QFT

The days of going into a store, and copping whenever you felt like it are over.

I would say ever since the first DMP, EVERYONE out of nowhere is into sneakers.

What is really bad is people camp, wait in lines, etc just to resell, or don't even wear the shoes.

I wore my Grapes a few weeks back, and some kid was like " I have those, but I'm not ever going to
wear them". What is the point of having them then? He was probably 1 or 2 when the OG's dropped.

There is no love like it use to be. Its all about profit or "being cool"
grin.gif

It's called

"Hypebeasts"

QFT

What is really bad is people camp, wait in lines, etc just to resell, or don't even wear the shoes.

I wore my Grapes a few weeks back, and some kid was like " I have those, but I'm not ever going to
wear them". What is the point of having them then? He was probably 1 or 2 when the OG's dropped.

grin.gif

It's becoming clear now that the quote "buy what you like" is heavily used but u can best believe more than 50% here doesn't practice what they preach.

It's becoming clear now that the quote "buy what you like" is heavily used but u can best believe more than 50% here doesn't practice what they preach.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

It's called

"Hypebeasts"

QFT

grin.gif
My point exactly.  And if you add the word "limited" or "quickstrike", prepare for hell on earth.  I can't stand when people buy shoes and keep them as trophy pieces.  I mean it's there money don't get me wrong, but it makes absolutely no sense to me.  Granted, I probably have a pair or two I wait to break out and especially now due to there being a foot of snow on the ground but theres dudes on here will 09 Jams still deadstock 
indifferent.gif
  But like I said, if you made a brown jordan XI with fur on the patent then it would still be a sell out simply because all of the hypebeasts today 

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

It's called

"Hypebeasts"

QFT

grin.gif
My point exactly.  And if you add the word "limited" or "quickstrike", prepare for hell on earth.  I can't stand when people buy shoes and keep them as trophy pieces.  I mean it's there money don't get me wrong, but it makes absolutely no sense to me.  Granted, I probably have a pair or two I wait to break out and especially now due to there being a foot of snow on the ground but theres dudes on here will 09 Jams still deadstock 
indifferent.gif
  But like I said, if you made a brown jordan XI with fur on the patent then it would still be a sell out simply because all of the hypebeasts today 

Originally Posted by Justhere4aday

Who wants to make a bet more than half the members here never watched jordan play.
i guarantee you its upwards of 70%.  the insanity i read in posts from highschoolers is hilarious, but i remember how i knew it all, too.  theres no way to realize how stupid you were back then until the clock turns thirty.

Originally Posted by Justhere4aday

Who wants to make a bet more than half the members here never watched jordan play.
i guarantee you its upwards of 70%.  the insanity i read in posts from highschoolers is hilarious, but i remember how i knew it all, too.  theres no way to realize how stupid you were back then until the clock turns thirty.

Yup most of these kids never saw him play but they act like they did. I can honestly say I only saw him once but that doesn't mean I didn't watch his games on tv. I used to wear Jordan clothes but with all these kids wearing them all big and making themselves look like idiots I kind of stopped wearing them. I still collect only releases I like not just because they are hyped up to be the "Grail" of alot of kids. Then another shoe comes out and that is their new Grail. So basically these younger "collectors" have ruined part of the shoe game

Yup most of these kids never saw him play but they act like they did. I can honestly say I only saw him once but that doesn't mean I didn't watch his games on tv. I used to wear Jordan clothes but with all these kids wearing them all big and making themselves look like idiots I kind of stopped wearing them. I still collect only releases I like not just because they are hyped up to be the "Grail" of alot of kids. Then another shoe comes out and that is their new Grail. So basically these younger "collectors" have ruined part of the shoe game

Bunch of kids these days. I have grown up, therefore, won't see me tuning in to these 'new' releases.

Bunch of kids these days. I have grown up, therefore, won't see me tuning in to these 'new' releases.

Back
Top Bottom