Calvin Johnson's Megatron Inspired CJ81 Collection: Release Info

Tried these on today, yes these run big. Half size down is the way to go.

Besides that these shows are comfortable. Will definitely get a fe pairs for casual use.

You would think they would be dropping the Blue/Silver Lions colorway soon, we are getting fairly deep into the NFL season to not even have a release date...

Black/Royal is the Lions colorway on the Trainer...

JM

Nike should be ashamed on themselves.

I got half a mind to stop buying these on the sheer principle that that colorway is the "Lions" colorway.

Its a slap in the face of actual Lion fans.

Nike should be ashamed on themselves.

I got half a mind to stop buying these on the sheer principle that that colorway is the "Lions" colorway.

Its a slap in the face of actual Lion fans.
for sure. the darker cleats he and reg have been wearing dont even look right. too dark

The Silver/Honolulu Blues will release, the sample shown was too complete not to. 

Plus this is what Calvin has been wearing so far:

We already got the black/blue, so silver/blue will be on their way. 

The Silver/Honolulu Blues will release, the sample shown was too complete not to. 

Plus this is what Calvin has been wearing so far:
View media item 571415

View media item 600282

We already got the black/blue, so silver/blue will be on their way. 

OK...we'll put it this way...I have seen all of the colors schedule to be released for the balance of the year, as well as the CJ81 II...

Don't see a Blue/Silver planned...

JM

JM don't lie. Not sure why that other cat can't get it thru his head. Its been said for quite some time that the silver/blue had been scrapped

Dudes always coming at JM and they usually are new dudes
I might double up one those Motor City joints, craftsmanship like that doesn't come around to often... JM can u give us an idea of how the CJ II look and the specs ?

JM says his info doesn't treat us like children and tease us but can you blame the people for thinking nike wouldn't release a team color for their sig athlete's team?

OK...we'll put it this way...I have seen all of the colors schedule to be released for the balance of the year, as well as the CJ81 II...

JM
That's very disappointing.  

Just so we are clear and all your supporters can relax, I wasn't doubting your info at all, I just found it very hard to believe they wouldn't release that pair when people have already posted the silver/pair production model in hand with all the other winter 2013 training lines.  I was just trying to be optimistic since we've already seen the completed shoe that they would release it, especially when it is the signature athlete's actual team shoe.  It would be like the LeBron XI not releasing in the Heat colorway, seems crazy, but I believe you when you say they aren't going to release it.  Everyone can take a deep breath, I wasn't pretending to have some "insider" knowledge or saying JM wasn't right, just hoping for a colorway to release that represented my team and hometown...shame on me.  

JM - after this Motor City colorway, how many more colorways are coming out of the CJ Trainer 1?

Thanks in advance.

Nike.com already has these on clearance for $95. The white/red/blue and black/blue.
nice! just picked up a pair of the black/blue ones.

JM
how many more colorways are coming out till the II's drop?
nerd.gif

Last edited:

JM
More importantly can you give us any details on the CJ81 II, possible release date, design?  Curious where they are going to take the design after this, some shoes that have straps eventually loose them in the course of "evolving"  Nike Air Griffey had a strap for two iterations I believe and eventually lost it, then eventually became a low top.

Just got the "Tigers" colorway from NDC for $95 shipped. Been drooling at pics of these for a while. I can't wait for them to arrive, I'm really excited about finding these for that price.

Javier

it would be dope if they did a pink version for breast cancer awareness month seeing how big it is throughout the NFL...

Good pick up!
Thanks - I saw these in a local sneaker store right after they released. After I saw the 3M shining off of the details from across the store, it took all of my willpower to not buy on the spot. Glad I waited...

Javier

Back
Top Bottom