Cam dissin' Kanye

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

"How does them getting two to three tracks played per hour on da radio in NYC mean they arent relevant. let me guess they arent playin it hard in ohio so getting plenty of play on da biggest media market in da world is irrelevant."There's a whole world out there that exists outside of NYC.

homie just excluded all the other states you might as well say those dudes are back to being your regular local NY rapper of course you going to hear it on NY radio of course there going to play there music they have relationships with those dudes for christ sake but where are they making noise outside of that nowhere what billboard chart are they on 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

that like me saying Dourough is running rap because he get alot of play in Dallas of course there going to play his music he's from here

Originally Posted by tyisny

LuketheJediKnight wrote:

"How does them getting two to three tracks played per hour on da radio in NYC mean they arent relevant. let me guess they arent playin it hard in ohio so getting plenty of play on da biggest media market in da world is irrelevant." There's a whole world out there that exists outside of NYC.

yes but if its gettin major play here its usually gonna pick up everywhere off we simply have too much power as far as breaking records. Most notable rap station, biggest DJ's, and probably the second biggest nightlife(MIA might be first).

Perfect example Waka Flocka Flame - Oh Let's do It... out for months destroying the streets of ATL, wasnt until NYC started playing it heavy that the world started to embrace it, then the video was made, then the video with puffy was made etc. If u are crushing da radio and clubs of NYC your bound to start gettin radio play everywhere else. Its no coincedence that every major record label HQ is in Manhattan
ohwell.gif

them dipset ninjas are not getting played in atl... they will get 1 to 2 spins on Friday because of gangsta grillz radio ...nice try but it doesn't work that way

LuketheJediKnight wrote:

"How does them getting two to three tracks played per hour on da radio in NYC mean they arent relevant. let me guess they arent playin it hard in ohio so getting plenty of play on da biggest media market in da world is irrelevant." There's a whole world out there that exists outside of NYC.

yes but if its gettin major play here its usually gonna pick up everywhere off we simply have too much power as far as breaking records. Most notable rap station, biggest DJ's, and probably the second biggest nightlife(MIA might be first).

Perfect example Waka Flocka Flame - Oh Let's do It... out for months destroying the streets of ATL, wasnt until NYC started playing it heavy that the world started to embrace it, then the video was made, then the video with puffy was made etc. If u are crushing da radio and clubs of NYC your bound to start gettin radio play everywhere else. Its no coincedence that every major record label HQ is in Manhattan
ohwell.gif

them dipset ninjas are not getting played in atl... they will get 1 to 2 spins on Friday because of gangsta grillz radio ...nice try but it doesn't work that way

ohwell.gif

jesus...SOMEONE has a brain... *golf clap*

and please don't ever compare da rap scene of NYC with that of Dallas Mr south...
laugh.gif
are we really that naive?

ohwell.gif

jesus...SOMEONE has a brain... *golf clap*

and please don't ever compare da rap scene of NYC with that of Dallas Mr south...
laugh.gif
are we really that naive?

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

C'mon now. At one point 105 and Hot 97 were playin' Red Cafe 'round the clock so radio play in NYC doesn't really mean !+*@. Payola still exists, people.

Good point but you said it payolla, dudes could careless if red cafe died or not in NYC its played on da radio bcuz he's clue man, and got diddy backin him but even with all this Nobody cared ANYWHERE. As oppose to dipset who came back together and has a real buzz. I mean if hot 97 decided they were gonna play nothin but red cafe for a weekend the rcc would shut em down. Of course they arent gonna have #1 billboard smashes but that doesnt = no buzz. I mean a simple two bars has them on every blog online and we are sittin here wit a 14 pg thread bcuz of TWO BARS. Dipset made too much of an impact in hip hop to ever be irrelevant

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

C'mon now. At one point 105 and Hot 97 were playin' Red Cafe 'round the clock so radio play in NYC doesn't really mean !+*@. Payola still exists, people.

Good point but you said it payolla, dudes could careless if red cafe died or not in NYC its played on da radio bcuz he's clue man, and got diddy backin him but even with all this Nobody cared ANYWHERE. As oppose to dipset who came back together and has a real buzz. I mean if hot 97 decided they were gonna play nothin but red cafe for a weekend the rcc would shut em down. Of course they arent gonna have #1 billboard smashes but that doesnt = no buzz. I mean a simple two bars has them on every blog online and we are sittin here wit a 14 pg thread bcuz of TWO BARS. Dipset made too much of an impact in hip hop to ever be irrelevant

ohwell.gif

and it wasnt until  it was popular in Atlanta that you guys picked it up where talking about some dudes getting LOCAL SPINS in the day and age that many people dont even listen to the radio I heard wacka from a mixtape not the radio homie,blog sites, world star stuff like that got wackas music out I bet ( times out of ten before it even appeared on radio people knew the lyrics already $#!% the video for it was out way before it was on the raidio homie not trying to $#!@ on New York radio but you dont need that to blow up wacka was notice from those videos of him in the club,word of mouth, blogs, and plenty of mixtapes, like Wiz Khalifa I dont hear dude on the radio at all but alot of cats know him from doing shows  those WSHH video and mixtapes not the radio 

ohwell.gif

and it wasnt until  it was popular in Atlanta that you guys picked it up where talking about some dudes getting LOCAL SPINS in the day and age that many people dont even listen to the radio I heard wacka from a mixtape not the radio homie,blog sites, world star stuff like that got wackas music out I bet ( times out of ten before it even appeared on radio people knew the lyrics already $#!% the video for it was out way before it was on the raidio homie not trying to $#!@ on New York radio but you dont need that to blow up wacka was notice from those videos of him in the club,word of mouth, blogs, and plenty of mixtapes, like Wiz Khalifa I dont hear dude on the radio at all but alot of cats know him from doing shows  those WSHH video and mixtapes not the radio 

keith you obviously dunno what u talking about...SO ill just reference rick ross in his 48 hour tour with Jumpoff TV...

when you ON FIRE, it takes a NYC cosign to make you go from Regional to National...there's a REASON all da BIG rappers have to stop by 106 and park, hot 97, power 105

Mtv Studios, promo club events, listening parties...they ALL in NYC.  every single rapper ya think is hot if he don't touch down in NYC his movement just limits itself to outside

markets which is bread crumbs compared to when you on FIRE in NYC.

keith you obviously dunno what u talking about...SO ill just reference rick ross in his 48 hour tour with Jumpoff TV...

when you ON FIRE, it takes a NYC cosign to make you go from Regional to National...there's a REASON all da BIG rappers have to stop by 106 and park, hot 97, power 105

Mtv Studios, promo club events, listening parties...they ALL in NYC.  every single rapper ya think is hot if he don't touch down in NYC his movement just limits itself to outside

New York ain't even poppin right now in terms of hip hop, so who gives a @%%! what they playin on ya radios...look at the billboard charts...the hottest rapper yall got right now is Nicki Minaj 
laugh.gif
, and she ain't even claimin like that...%#$$#+ thinkin she from the south...don't nobody care what hot on the streets cause the streets is bootleggin ya records

New York ain't even poppin right now in terms of hip hop, so who gives a @%%! what they playin on ya radios...look at the billboard charts...the hottest rapper yall got right now is Nicki Minaj 
laugh.gif
, and she ain't even claimin like that...%#$$#+ thinkin she from the south...don't nobody care what hot on the streets cause the streets is bootleggin ya records

"yes but if its gettin major play here its usually gonna pick up everywhere off we simply have too much power as far as breaking records..."

Y'all don't listen to alot of music do you? The average music-listening Joe could barely tell you who Cam is (if they can) much less anyone else from their crew. Maybe they could listen to "Ballin" and say "yeah I''ve heard that song, it was made by some rapper back in the day" lol. Everyone (hyperbole here but you get my point) KNOWS who Jay and Kanye are, you think they're checking one-hit wonder Jim and "Oh Boy"?

Stop gassing them people. And btw, I still bump Purple Haze and classic ROC Cam every now and then. But them dudes now is TIRED.

"yes but if its gettin major play here its usually gonna pick up everywhere off we simply have too much power as far as breaking records..."

Y'all don't listen to alot of music do you? The average music-listening Joe could barely tell you who Cam is (if they can) much less anyone else from their crew. Maybe they could listen to "Ballin" and say "yeah I''ve heard that song, it was made by some rapper back in the day" lol. Everyone (hyperbole here but you get my point) KNOWS who Jay and Kanye are, you think they're checking one-hit wonder Jim and "Oh Boy"?

Stop gassing them people. And btw, I still bump Purple Haze and classic ROC Cam every now and then. But them dudes now is TIRED.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Mtv Studios, promo club events, listening parties...they ALL in NYC.� every single rapper ya think is hot if he don't touch down in NYC his movement just limits itself to outside

its called promotion though he might have he's listening party in NYC but you know damn well he's going to stop in every city to promote also you acting like promotion only stops in NYC and when the last time dipset has appeared on TV especially MTV or had a listining party for an album release in years

Mtv Studios, promo club events, listening parties...they ALL in NYC.� every single rapper ya think is hot if he don't touch down in NYC his movement just limits itself to outside

its called promotion though he might have he's listening party in NYC but you know damn well he's going to stop in every city to promote also you acting like promotion only stops in NYC and when the last time dipset has appeared on TV especially MTV or had a listining party for an album release in years

no you dont know what youre talking about...for a place with few relevant artist......why in the sam hell would people need nyc cosign ???...without the cosign...these artist are going to do shows else where and still get paid, their music will still get played....nyc is not needed we this thing called the internet...if anything nyc is the last to hop on board doggy...if rappers need nyc cosign why in the hell cant any of yall new artist get off the ground since the cosign is so IMPORTANT

no you dont know what youre talking about...for a place with few relevant artist......why in the sam hell would people need nyc cosign ???...without the cosign...these artist are going to do shows else where and still get paid, their music will still get played....nyc is not needed we this thing called the internet...if anything nyc is the last to hop on board doggy...if rappers need nyc cosign why in the hell cant any of yall new artist get off the ground since the cosign is so IMPORTANT

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

New York ain't even poppin right now in terms of hip hop, so who gives a @%%! what they playin on ya radios.
sure my argument about dipset being VERY MUCH a presence in NYC, da biggest market in world is bulletproof

...so let's try to pretend NYC radio as a whole is irrelevant. gotcha
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

New York ain't even poppin right now in terms of hip hop, so who gives a @%%! what they playin on ya radios.
sure my argument about dipset being VERY MUCH a presence in NYC, da biggest market in world is bulletproof

...so let's try to pretend NYC radio as a whole is irrelevant. gotcha
laugh.gif

when the last time dipset has appeared on TV especially MTV or had a listining party for an album release in years
laugh.gif
someone doesn't watch Sucka free or 106 and park...cam and vado were on both shows debuting speaking in tungs....ya outta town country dudes is hilarious.

when the last time dipset has appeared on TV especially MTV or had a listining party for an album release in years
laugh.gif
someone doesn't watch Sucka free or 106 and park...cam and vado were on both shows debuting speaking in tungs....ya outta town country dudes is hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom