Can the Clippers hang a divisional banner in Staples?

at first it was a definite no, because it would be embarrassing, but **** it, you have to start somewhere. it could be a symbolic beginning of a new era for the franchise. or if cp3 bounces at least you have one memory while you deal with another 30 of irrelevance.

and you^, yeah...you real folk. the fact you can't admit that most do have a problem with the little ugly brother whooping their ***, the fact that showtime is now with the LAC in lob city, the fact that the best basketball player in LA plays for the Clippers, and that they're winning the division doesn't bother you in the least bit is a case in point.

it would piss me the **** off if the new jersey nets became the main attraction in NY and one of the national sweetheart teams of the league while the knicks were scruggling to see postseason play.

edit: andddd....as ACBboyz clearly is looking to continue his streak of nominations for worst S&Ter of the year. this time with a "metaphorically comparison" that isn't funny at all aka, I'm mad about the Clippers so I'm going to vent out my anger >:

*cue dis about the Knicks being overrated and how the Lakers have 17 championships....all of which ACBBoyz helped the Lakers win

Last edited:
LA Kings have division banners up, Clippers should put one up and retire some jerseys

Lol who's jersey tho?
Ron Harper?
Danny manning?
Michael olowokandi?
Q rich?
D miles?

They have no ones jersey to retire or. Else I'm sure they would have

The idea of the Celtics moving to Staples made me laugh, that would be the craziest thing ever
LOL that wasnt the point. I was just trying to say its just a building it belongs to no one.
I know, but the mental image I created was so funny I had to speak on it. A full on riot in both Boston and Los Angeles
What the hell are you talking about? Not everyone wins a divisional title.
What i said was that a division banner mean nothing. If that what your franchise is playing for then you're doing it wrong. Beside that no respectable franchise celebrate division banner. Great franchise is measure by championship.

Yall really going to hang a division banner? Really?

I know it took like 40 years for the Clippers to finally win a division banner but come on. A division banner? lol
Every team except two of them celebrate division banners...... Just stop it.

Last edited:
What rant? The 35 years old virgin scenario was just a metaphorically comparison.

It took yall 35, 40 years to finally win a division banner. Metaphorically speaking, It's equate to a 35 years old virgin who get all hyped up because he finally get to feel what it's like to bust a nut inside a vigina.
Son that is the stupidiest metaphor. Our management has sucked for years for whatever reason they woke up recently, we have finally become a real team. Other teams hate the Lakers so much they sent Paul to us instead. We finally have an accomplishment, a turning point to our franchise, but we shouldnt hang it because our more successful roommates feel we should only hang titles. Thats just plain stupid just like that virgin metaphor, its basketball son not real life.

Lol trying defend hanging a division banner.
Let em hang their pitiful banner.
They earned it.

We'll go back and hang our decades of division "banners" just to keep things fair cool?

The will definitely be allowed to, and I think they definitely should. That's an accomplishment for your team. Clippers earned it, they should be able to take pride in that accomplishment independent of what the lakers have done in the past.
Word, and Clippers haven't won anything in 150yrs. They better :lol:

IMO no team should hang banners for division titles

nobody cares or remembers a divisional title

As a Laker fan, I don't care if they do or don't to be honest with you.

Lol who's jersey tho?
Ron Harper?
Danny manning?
Michael olowokandi?
Q rich?
D miles?

They have no ones jersey to retire or. Else I'm sure they would have

Bill Walton? Bob McAdoo? Adrian Dantley? Maybe?

Son that is the stupidiest metaphor. Our management has sucked for years for whatever reason they woke up recently, we have finally become a real team. Other teams hate the Lakers so much they sent Paul to us instead. We finally have an accomplishment, a turning point to our franchise, but we shouldnt hang it because our more successful roommates feel we should only hang titles. Thats just plain stupid just like that virgin metaphor, its basketball son not real life.

You think it's stupid because you're in denial. You're in denial of the fact that it take 40 years for them just to win something mediocre like a division banner. We're not even talking western conference title here. It's a division banner and it took them 40 years? That's what Clippers fan get after 40 years? Is that real life? Damn dawg. I think the Clippers own their fan like 8 championship from now on then if they made yall wait that long just for a division banner.

Go ahead and hang it in a building where the majority of fans know that there are dozen of Lakers *Championship banners lol. Like i said, it's like Joe trying show off his C class Mercede in a neighborhood where people already own Bentley and Ferrari lol

Not many fan will give the Clippers real respect until they actually win a championship and that's real talk. If you don't believe me go do a survey.

I dislike the Clippers but i want them to do well because it make the sport more fun in LA. It's great for LA sport fans. However they will not earn my respect until they win a championship in LA.

Last edited:
I could care less either way but if I was a clipper fan id have mixed views personally.

On the positive side, a divisonal title is a huge accomplishment for them considering where they've been and the struggles they've had.

The negative is that they share the same building with one of the most successful professional sports franchises. Something won't look right about that banner being right next to 15 championship banners. Now if they had their own arena and their own identity it wouldn't look bad.

Lol trying defend hanging a division banner.
Let em hang their pitiful banner.
They earned it.

We'll go back and hang our decades of division "banners" just to keep things fair cool?

Damn bro you sound mad :lol:...

IMO no team should hang banners for division titles

nobody cares or remembers a divisional title

Nobody cares about division banners, but to some cities its a nice reminder about the season they had that year.....

IMO teams hand divisional banners cuz historically in baseball it happened...

but it was alot different then because at first it was just 1 AL/NL champ 

then there were only 2 divisions in each league

the way it is now with so many divisions it is kinda watered down as an accomplishment

3 divisions per conf in nba, 4 in nfl.....

What rant? The 35 years old virgin scenario was just a metaphorically comparison.

It took yall 35, 40 years to finally win a division banner. Metaphorically speaking, It's equate to a 35 years old virgin who get all hyped up because he finally get to feel what it's like to bust a nut inside a vigina.

Yes it took that long how is that compared to losing your virginity? It's not like the same team has been playing for forty years team got put together last year and already did better then your overhyped overpaid team you got this year. Even with 16 titles your team is fighting for a playoff spot. Past don't dictate future.

Yes it took that long how is that compared to losing your virginity? It's not like the same team has been playing for forty years team got put together last year and already did better then your overhyped overpaid team you got this year. Even with 16 titles your team is fighting for a playoff spot. Past don't dictate future.

you still don't get it? SMH NVM dude. Wow feel like talking to a wall.

I guess you just became a Clippers fan in 2011 so obviously you don't know nothing about your team history.

I guess you just became a Clippers fan in 2011 so obviously you don't know nothing about your team history.

This is pointless. Point being we should whatever we want to do.

Last edited:

By the way clips fan since the sports arena and you celebrate 16 titles like they were all won in LA

Back
Top Bottom