Can we discuss how the (New) West can't lose right now?

i don't know if people aren't paying attention or what but Nipsey has been the nicest thing out of LA for a good 3 years now. The Marathon was one of the best tapes of 2010. his lyrics have only improved since Bullets v. 1.

i don't know if people aren't paying attention or what but Nipsey has been the nicest thing out of LA for a good 3 years now. The Marathon was one of the best tapes of 2010. his lyrics have only improved since Bullets v. 1.

Personally, I'm loving what the West is doing, I had a lot of hope for Blu. I mess w/ Kendrick, Pac Div, Lil B (a little bit).

...But to me, I want to see Dom blow. Don't know how he's going to get there, but I have high hopes for dude.

Personally, I'm loving what the West is doing, I had a lot of hope for Blu. I mess w/ Kendrick, Pac Div, Lil B (a little bit).

...But to me, I want to see Dom blow. Don't know how he's going to get there, but I have high hopes for dude.

Dom and Pac Div are probably my favorite artists out right now...i don't really mess with anyone else posted besides some occasional Blu and Terrance Martin 

Dom and Pac Div are probably my favorite artists out right now...i don't really mess with anyone else posted besides some occasional Blu and Terrance Martin 

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

I don't know anyone that listens to any of these people....not one

this. and i reside in the bay area LA
tired.gif

As far as who I listen to on the west?

-Dom and Nipsey are the best on the west coast imo. Seriously, they are some of the best artist in the game period, regardless of coast. Dom Kennedy on his features post "From the westside with love?"
pimp.gif
Nipsey's "The Marathon?"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-I mess with Kendrick Lamar. He grew on me. OD has some nice cuts on them P&P, Michael Jordan, Cut you off, etc.. Same with Skeme, Pistols and Palm Trees has some dope cuts on them, word to Swish and La Nights with Dom
pimp.gif

-I Mess with Young Veggies too man. I bump Sleeping in Class. "And Ever" "30,000" "Ridin Round Town" are all
pimp.gif

-I can't rock with Odd Future, and Tyler the Creator, etc. For the life of me I can't see what the appeal in them are. From what I hear, they literally spit devil/mad rap. To each its own tho.

-I don't rock with Overdoz like that heavy, partly due to a lack of hearing them. Gonna see what this live for die for is about.

-And I rock with Lil B, Mann, and YG. Can't be serious all the time. Gotta have some fun in your music. Gotta cook to something:pimp: but I can't get with the new boyz or rejecters, and them cats.

As far as who I listen to on the west?

-Dom and Nipsey are the best on the west coast imo. Seriously, they are some of the best artist in the game period, regardless of coast. Dom Kennedy on his features post "From the westside with love?"
pimp.gif
Nipsey's "The Marathon?"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-I mess with Kendrick Lamar. He grew on me. OD has some nice cuts on them P&P, Michael Jordan, Cut you off, etc.. Same with Skeme, Pistols and Palm Trees has some dope cuts on them, word to Swish and La Nights with Dom
pimp.gif

-I Mess with Young Veggies too man. I bump Sleeping in Class. "And Ever" "30,000" "Ridin Round Town" are all
pimp.gif

-I can't rock with Odd Future, and Tyler the Creator, etc. For the life of me I can't see what the appeal in them are. From what I hear, they literally spit devil/mad rap. To each its own tho.

-I don't rock with Overdoz like that heavy, partly due to a lack of hearing them. Gonna see what this live for die for is about.

-And I rock with Lil B, Mann, and YG. Can't be serious all the time. Gotta have some fun in your music. Gotta cook to something:pimp: but I can't get with the new boyz or rejecters, and them cats.

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

Honestly the only dude thats doing it and has been overlooked is H.O.P.E.

To me, everyone else is garbage. Overdoz? Really...they a fake $@$ outkast/dungeon family ripoff thats done really sloppy. Casey Veggies? really?

Kendrick Lamar is ok but I prefer Jay Rock over him.

Im born and bred in L.A...call me a hater or whatever but this "new" west is not bringing us back...the "new" is gonna make everyone hate us more. Nick Cannon is ruining the west by signing jerk dancers turned rappers, all these weirdo tight pant wearing rappers.

Cali was born off gangsta rap mixed with lyricism...now all we have is rappers acting gangsta with no lyrical ability.

Not true at all.

Not to mention, none of the dudes mentioned in this thread are "gangsta rappers," @*+% most of them got a number of bars sayin they just college kids.

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

Honestly the only dude thats doing it and has been overlooked is H.O.P.E.

To me, everyone else is garbage. Overdoz? Really...they a fake $@$ outkast/dungeon family ripoff thats done really sloppy. Casey Veggies? really?

Kendrick Lamar is ok but I prefer Jay Rock over him.

Im born and bred in L.A...call me a hater or whatever but this "new" west is not bringing us back...the "new" is gonna make everyone hate us more. Nick Cannon is ruining the west by signing jerk dancers turned rappers, all these weirdo tight pant wearing rappers.

Cali was born off gangsta rap mixed with lyricism...now all we have is rappers acting gangsta with no lyrical ability.

Not true at all.

Not to mention, none of the dudes mentioned in this thread are "gangsta rappers," @*+% most of them got a number of bars sayin they just college kids.

A lot of these fools will never blow up, but I **@# with the west heavily right now as biased as I may be...

W(B)estside 4 Life
pimp.gif

A lot of these fools will never blow up, but I **@# with the west heavily right now as biased as I may be...

W(B)estside 4 Life
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom