Can we discuss how the (New) West can't lose right now?

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by rocyaice

New Left coast is lookin' kinda weak. I want another DJ Quik album.

4/20
Let this hold you over till then. trust, my son does it justice.

2z4joyd.jpg

http://hulkshare.com/dbz5tmj3fkxr

Can't lose as in making good music. Shame they aint getting the deserved recognition.

Can't lose as in making good music. Shame they aint getting the deserved recognition.

West side is definitely on a come up right now. So many artist with potential killing the game quietly.

West side is definitely on a come up right now. So many artist with potential killing the game quietly.

I def mess with Fashawn, Blu and Nips, Pac Div is cool to me too. Dom...I need to check out more of his material but his voice doesnt do it for me.

Lil B is who he is. I cant take him serious as a "real rapper" per se, but he has the artist and performance aspects locked down. I went to his listening session and I cant front on his ear for beats. Son got some heaters.

Hil put me onto the OF cats,so i'll check em out. I've been so jaded with hip hop lately that I really only listen to certain artists. I cant even recall the last time a hip hop album excited me and the only album i will be purchasing soon is Raekwon's joint.

Kendrick Lamar is one of the worst rappers I've heard in my life. He doesnt have good vocals and his lisp sounds horrible...he sounds like a congested frog. He also constructs his bars in a very unappealing way. And this is from someone who's a fan of Freeway's alternate rhyme pattern.

I guess since Dre is jocking him I'm in a minority. I just dont see the hype.

And as with all artists, time will tell. Half the cats the internet rides dont last a year anyway. And people wont buy their albums yet will claim to be fans.

Me being raised on East Coast rap, my standards are a bit high, but talent is talent and I'll never front on that. Whoever consistently puts out bangers deserves the shine. I was just tellingm y girl how A&Rs and bloggers and what have you have automatic bias against NY artists so i guess it's whatever. I knew it was real when 50 Tyson was able to come to NYC and get a show at Public Assembly...that's how much NYC has faded as a gate keeper of hip hop.

Meek Mill is a spitter...but we'll see...if anything, he'll have some fire instrumentals so good for him. Fred The Godson...havent heard anything from him but I hear he's OK. Vado's time came and went just like that.

I def mess with Fashawn, Blu and Nips, Pac Div is cool to me too. Dom...I need to check out more of his material but his voice doesnt do it for me.

Lil B is who he is. I cant take him serious as a "real rapper" per se, but he has the artist and performance aspects locked down. I went to his listening session and I cant front on his ear for beats. Son got some heaters.

Hil put me onto the OF cats,so i'll check em out. I've been so jaded with hip hop lately that I really only listen to certain artists. I cant even recall the last time a hip hop album excited me and the only album i will be purchasing soon is Raekwon's joint.

Kendrick Lamar is one of the worst rappers I've heard in my life. He doesnt have good vocals and his lisp sounds horrible...he sounds like a congested frog. He also constructs his bars in a very unappealing way. And this is from someone who's a fan of Freeway's alternate rhyme pattern.

And as with all artists, time will tell. Half the cats the internet rides dont last a year anyway. And people wont buy their albums yet will claim to be fans.

Me being raised on East Coast rap, my standards are a bit high, but talent is talent and I'll never front on that. Whoever consistently puts out bangers deserves the shine. I was just tellingm y girl how A&Rs and bloggers and what have you have automatic bias against NY artists so i guess it's whatever. I knew it was real when 50 Tyson was able to come to NYC and get a show at Public Assembly...that's how much NYC has faded as a gate keeper of hip hop.

Meek Mill is a spitter...but we'll see...if anything, he'll have some fire instrumentals so good for him. Fred The Godson...havent heard anything from him but I hear he's OK. Vado's time came and went just like that.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

43MCJ.png

http://www.youtube.com/wa...=BWmuzrSHyjs&t=9m06s

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

43MCJ.png

http://www.youtube.com/wa...=BWmuzrSHyjs&t=9m06s

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

4/20

2z4joyd.jpg

Already been up on that. Just about last week actually. That's LES from Slim Thug's Boss Hogg right? Dude has some nice music. Just started listening to him recently. Been sleeping on him.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

4/20

2z4joyd.jpg

Already been up on that. Just about last week actually. That's LES from Slim Thug's Boss Hogg right? Dude has some nice music. Just started listening to him recently. Been sleeping on him.

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

How does the east coast, midwest, south feel about this?
Personally IDGAF what region an artist hails from, as long as they're providing me with dope music to bump.

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

How does the east coast, midwest, south feel about this?
Personally IDGAF what region an artist hails from, as long as they're providing me with dope music to bump.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

I don't know anyone that listens to any of these people....not one

It's crazy cause I used to LOVE west coast rap..... But, I've only heard of a few of these names, but haven't heard their music.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

I don't know anyone that listens to any of these people....not one

It's crazy cause I used to LOVE west coast rap..... But, I've only heard of a few of these names, but haven't heard their music.

I dled one of his tapes....terrible...it was so bad i cant even remember the name. Son is trash. You're gonna tell me ya'll can consistently sit through 30+ minutes of this guy rapping?

He'll end up like every other Aftermath artist not named Eminem. He sounds like he's stuck in puberty

I dled one of his tapes....terrible...it was so bad i cant even remember the name. Son is trash. You're gonna tell me ya'll can consistently sit through 30+ minutes of this guy rapping?

He'll end up like every other Aftermath artist not named Eminem. He sounds like he's stuck in puberty

Back
Top Bottom