Caucasian female.......says N' word......Tourette Syndrome....

Wow @ all of you

Lol, you guys obviously know nothing about this disease and there are thousands of other people who use the exact same word as their tick. Youre making a bigdeal out of this single case? LEARN SOMETHING.

Originally Posted by FlyNY

damn..i feel sorry for her
Id kill myself if i had a British accent

!%*, you feel sorry for her cause she has a British accent and not because of her Tourette's?
roll.gif

Edit:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
1:57 "SEX!!!!!!" and the cameraman barely holds back his laughter!
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

Wow @ all of you

Lol, you guys obviously know nothing about this disease and there are thousands of other people who use the exact same word as their tick. Youre making a big deal out of this single case? LEARN SOMETHING.
Exactly. Most of the replies in this thread are straight up idiotic. It's called a DISEASE for a reason.

Originally Posted by Let Me Post

Wow @ all of you

Lol, you guys obviously know nothing about this disease and there are thousands of other people who use the exact same word as their tick. Youre making a big deal out of this single case? LEARN SOMETHING.
Exactly. Most of the replies in this thread are straight up idiotic. It's called a DISEASE for a reason.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
LMP i havent seen you post in hella long.

thats messed up.

i dont want to be mr consipiracy. but seeing some black folk and thinking n word and not saying your a racist?
ohwell.gif

Its kind of a pass because it must suck having that problem. But i still think its unacceptable, they should get her some kind of mouth voice box that bleepsout their negativity.

Wow @ all of you

Yeah but a lot of those people either it's socially accepted to certain degree for them to use the n word cause they're black or they're tooignorant to realize it socially unacceptable to use that word. She knows it's wrong and does nothing to prevent it. I realize she has a "disease"that prevents her from mentally like "holding herself back" and controlling her outbursts but that doesn't mean she can't wear something(mouth guard, muzzle, whatever) that would muffle her out bursts in public. I personally think it would resolve a lot of that families problems with going outand people would look at less crazy and not be potentially offended when she drops the n word and various other racial slurs and curses as they would bemuffled.

Originally Posted by ebayologist

Wow @ all of you

Yeah but a lot of those people either it's socially accepted to certain degree for them to use the n word cause they're black or they're too ignorant to realize it socially unacceptable to use that word. She knows it's wrong and does nothing to prevent it. I realize she has a "disease" that prevents her from mentally like "holding herself back" and controlling her outbursts but that doesn't mean she can't wear something (mouth guard, muzzle, whatever) that would muffle her out bursts in public. I personally think it would resolve a lot of that families problems with going out and people would look at less crazy and not be potentially offended when she drops the n word and various other racial slurs and curses as they would be muffled.

I do not understand why she should be wearing a muzzle because of her condition. Normal people of every ethnicity say this word everyday should they also bewearing a muzzle?

I'm sorry im just confused by your post...dont want to sound offending.

^Because people who say it where it's not socially acceptable (people not black) are just ignorant, they either don't think its wrong or don'taccept that it's wrong or don't know that it's wrong. She is fully aware it's socially unacceptable yet does nothing to prevent it all becauseit's a "disease". I get that she can't mentally stop herself because of her disease but she certainly could physically prevent her outbursts.

let's put a muzzle on a person with tourettes while theyre in public? really?
it's not enough that they have a disease that they didnt ask for or do anything to get
let's treat them like animals and bring even more attention to them
indifferent.gif

then we can make threads making fun of them for wearing a muzzle!!!

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Racial slurs are taught in house, tourettes doesn't cause that.
Like a dude before me said, not everything that you or I or anyone else says was learned "in house". Not even close.

Don't know about y'all, but I didn't learn to swear in my house. Pretty sure that y'all didn't pick up slang from your parents either, thevarious terms for sex, male and female reproductive parts, etc.

Friends, movies, music, pop culture, all have a strong influence on your vocabulary.

It's utterly unfathomable that she could pick up a CD by one of the many fine, upstanding "rap" artists such a Wayne, T.I., T-Pain, or whateverother garbage is out there, and associate black people with the n-word? It's out of the question that she could watch a movie such as 'SoulPlane', 'The Wash', etc., and associate black people with the n-word? It's shocking to think that, by doing something as simple as watching acartoon (Boondocks) or a popular TV show (Chappelle's Show) that she could come to associate blacks with the n-word? 99.9% of the time, when the n-word issaid in music, movies, or on TV, it's from the mouth of a black person, directed towards a black person.

Like someone said earlier, maybe her friends say it. Unfortunately, we all know how popular that word's become.

But nah, she must've learned that from her parents. What a bunch of racists they are.

I see all these people making posts saying that its a disease and she can't control herself. I understand that I really do. The girl said herself she sayswhat she thinks. So whenever she sees black people that's the first thing that comes to mind. I don't care about all the music, tv, or whatever garbageexcuses you come up with. Point blank when she sees someone who's black she's thinking of a racial slur. How in the world could you possibly justifythat?

The question is why when she sees black people that word comes mind. It has nothing to do with Tourettes either.

From the link I posted on the last page:

...the tics of Tourette's are stereotypic, temporarily suppressible, nonrhythmic, and often preceded by an unwanted premonitory urge.[sup][17][/sup] Immediately preceding tic onset, most individuals with Tourette's are aware of an urge,[sup][18][/sup][sup][19][/sup]similar to the need to sneeze or scratch an itch. Individuals describe the need to tic as a buildup of tension, pressure, or energy[sup][19][/sup][sup][20][/sup] which they consciously choose to release, as if they "had to do it"[sup][21][/sup] to relieve the sensation[sup][19][/sup] or until it feels "just right".[sup][21][/sup][sup][22][/sup] Examples of the premonitory urge are the feeling of having something in one's throat, or a localized discomfort in the shoulders, leading to the need to clear one's throat or shrug the shoulders. The actual tic may be felt as relieving this tension or sensation, similar to scratching an itch. Another example is blinking to relieve an uncomfortable sensation in the eye. These urges and sensations, preceding the expression of the movement or vocalization as a tic, are referred to as "premonitory sensory phenomena" or premonitory urges. Because of the urges that precede them, tics are described as semi-voluntary or "unvoluntary",[sup][13][/sup] rather than specifically involuntary; they may be experienced as a voluntary, suppressible response to the unwanted premonitory urge.[sup][15][/sup]
While individuals with tics are sometimes able to suppress their tics for limited periods of time, doing so often results in an explosion of tics afterward.[sup][6][/sup] People with Tourette's may seek a secluded spot to release their symptoms, or there may be a marked increase in tics after a period of suppression at school or at work.[sup][14][/sup] Some people with Tourette's may not be aware of the premonitory urge. Children may be less aware of the premonitory urge associated with tics than are adults, but their awareness tends to increase with maturity.[sup][13][/sup] They may have tics for several years before becoming aware of premonitory urges. Children may suppress tics while in the doctor's office, so they may need to be observed while they are not aware they are being watched.[sup][25][/sup]The ability to suppress tics varies among individuals, and may be more developed in adults than children.
The exact mechanism affecting the inherited vulnerability to Tourette's has not been established, and the precise etiology is unknown. Tics are believed to result from dysfunction in cortical and subcortical regions, the thalamus, basal ganglia and frontal cortex.[sup][31][/sup]Neuroanatomic models implicate failures in circuits connecting the brain's cortex and subcortex,[sup][6][/sup] and imaging techniques implicate the basal ganglia and frontal cortex.[sup][40][/sup]
For the rest: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourette_syndromehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourette_syndrome

In a nutshell, their brain basically tells them they have to react quickly (whether it be with a word or some other kind of physical movement, or tic) or theywill experience a build up of very uncomfortable pressure. The choice of word is not voluntary, and she can't simply not say it or use another word.

Furthermore, if you assume that she is using racial terms because she is a racist, I would have to tell you that you're a complete idiot who should read upon Tourettes.

Back
Top Bottom