Cavaliers V Magic ECF GAME 2 5/22 Vol: Another 80 pages?

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

^if they can barely win by 1 point with home-court advantage & the refs giving them damn near every call ... you really think they can do a whole lot in the next couple of games ?

Take the shades off & look at the realism of the situation .

The Orlando Magic are a better team than the Cleveland Cavaliers . If the Cavs can lose 1 & barely pull off a win when everything is going their way , there's a huge possibility that they won't execute when they're Away .

& its not what they did in the Game 1 thread ... its about what they do to everyone else in THEIR game threads .
my fellow magic fan let us not make predictions of these games...let us only sit back and embrace the greatness that this series has shown us...

Spoiler [+]
hell yea we goin to win this series but lets take the high road to victory and do it with class
pimp.gif

dude's the best RIGHT NOW. stop with the goat talk. there's nobody close to lebron RIGHT NOW.

orlando is the better team. we all know that. they have more talent. if cavs gonna win, lebron gotta do even more. and i expect that from him.

and they gotta play better. they got big leads , just keep them damn.

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

nope
link
  • Is the only player in the NBA averaging at least 28 points, 7 rebounds, and 7 assists per game.
  • Became the youngest player (23 years, 308 days) and fastest (395 games) to reach the following totals: 10,000 points, 2,500 rebounds, 2,500 assists, 700 steals and 300 blocks.
  • Lead the Cavaliers in total points, rebounds assists, steals and blocks. He joins Kevin Garnett (MIN - 2002), Scottie Pippen (CHI -1994) and Dave Cowens (BOS - 1977) as the only players to accomplish that feat.
  • Is the only active player in the NBA to have five consecutive seasons with at least 2,000 points and became just the ninth in NBA history, joining legends Kareem Abdul-Jabar, George Gervin, Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlin, Dominique Wilkins, Oscar Robertson, Alex English and Karl Malone all-time.
  • With his fourth season of at least 2,000 points, 500 rebounds and 500 assists, James became the 2nd player in NBA history (Oscar Robertson) to post at least those numbers in four seasons or more.
  • Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week on seven occasions, becoming the only player in the history of the award to win it seven times in a season.
dude is 24
sick.gif

i grew up on mj and kobe has always been one of my favorite players, while lebron has never been my favorite player but i cant help but be a witness because what he does just doesnt make sense, like this past game when he basically dunked from the freethrow line which had me jump out my seat.

wait till more players take pay cuts to play with him and he starts to rack up some jewlery because he sure as hell doesnt have a pippen or a shaq.

did i mention dude was 24????

I got a serious question. First, I am from Akron.. so you know where I stand already with LeBron. Is it the pride issue for you guys, not wanting admit that he's headed down the road of being the best, and or one of the best to ever play the game. What's against this man besides the lack of a chip? He has lived up to the hype, and gone past that.. we all knew he was going to be a very solid player, but his dominance is unquestionable. I understand the issue of people slurping constantly, but I just think they all want to bask in this moment. Some of you really need to come believers on the real. 2000 500 & 500 4 years? I think Jordan did it twice? Can we at least say, (since people think he doesn't have help) he's the best player ever to do something by himself of all time?

I just want you guys to reply with a serious answer if you can.. because really, all the stats, and moments like last night, should even add up in a blind mans eyes. But people still $^&* on my homey, call him trash, say he's not worthy, not clutch, no heart, no jumper, egotistical... come on now. I know it's hard cause you all grew up with Jordan, and Kobe's careers, so it's hard to just give this fairly new guy the crown, but some of you *^%$$@ 's need to touch base with reality and the sense of now. Duke is getting better and better every year, and you are just sounding like a walking pillar of salt. Please, assist me, word to LeGawd James.

I'm from Akron too. Let's make this simple, it's responses like these that make people hate him/Cavs fans. Because everyonehere(Akron) and everyone in the media micromanages every small feat he accomplishes to make it much bigger than it is. If I were to never have watched a gamein my life and/or heard of him til I moved to NEO, I'd swear he had already won 3 or 4 rings, DPOY, multiple MVP's, etc. Bottomline is people need tostop trying to boost him to a status he's going to achieve on his own anyways. That may be the most irritating thing ever. He made a game winner last nightso now all the sudden he's more clutch than a player who has been doing it for much longer? No. He has a triple double with 40 points and he's moreskilled than Jordan?
indifferent.gif
Stupid stuff like that...on and on and onand on....then when someone points out the OBVIOUS flaws in his game...they are a hater. Uh.....no. I can't recall how many times I've heard Laker fansconstantly ridicule Kobe when he does stupid stuff during a game. But when Bron does (like dribble the clock out at the top of the key until he takes acontested 3 knowing he's not a good shooter) it's everyone else's fault but his. I haven't been to LA in a while but here inAkron/Cleveland...the most ridiculous D-riders since MJ. No one questions his dominance nor his impending takeover of the league, but when you crown him...hedang sure better have done something to warrant that crown.....especially when you compare him to those who have multiple rings and accolades.

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

^if they can barely win by 1 point with home-court advantage & the refs giving them damn near every call ... you really think they can do a whole lot in the next couple of games ?

Take the shades off & look at the realism of the situation .

The Orlando Magic are a better team than the Cleveland Cavaliers . If the Cavs can lose 1 & barely pull off a win when everything is going their way , there's a huge possibility that they won't execute when they're Away .

& its not what they did in the Game 1 thread ... its about what they do to everyone else in THEIR game threads .
The realism of the situation is the Magic get down early every game...(but I guess that's the refs fault too)

If that continues the happens they there is a HUGE possibility they won't win the series

and what they do in THEIR thread is "if _____ win 30 pages if_____ lose 90+ pages"
wink.gif

^ That's the realest talk I've ever read.

I love LeBron, but he's not at MJ status yet. I still believe Kobe is the best in the league.

I am a life long Magic fan, and I believe the Magic will beat the Cavs.

A lot of nonsense being said in this thread. Give the Cavs credit, give the Magic credit. Mike Brown keeps making coaching mistakes. LeBron saved his $!+ lastnight. When we went small we went up 24, then he kept puttiing Varejao back in the game, and they chipped away at the lead. We have to go small 2/3 of the gameagainst them cause it's a bad match-up not to. Also, Lakers fans and LeBron haters, god bless yall who are spewing ignorance and haterism, and props tothose who are giving credit for a good game and appreciating greatness. Last second shot or 30 points, a win is a win. Series tied up, best of 5, letsGOOOOOOO!

Originally Posted by abernja

^ That's the realest talk I've ever read.

I love LeBron, but he's not at MJ status yet. I still believe Kobe is the best in the league.

I am a life long Magic fan, and I believe the Magic will beat the Cavs.
lebron is NOWHERE near MJ status. he's not even seeing the light or close to his planet. nobody is right now. the media tends to really dothat though
sick.gif

but lebron IS the best player in the L today though.

for the magic to beat the cavs, they have to stop avoiding to early deficits. if they do, they have a great chance. but the cavs have to eventually learn howto hold on to those leads v. orlando right?

no, where are you?

because on Earth, Lebron is not clutch. That's one of the main knocks on him, is that he doesn't have that "killer instinct" like Kobe.

do you even watch basketball?

Neptune....Turk is more clutch than Bron. He's BEEN doing stuff like that. If I were a Cavs fan I can't say I'd be too confident heading into ORL....especially given how they played at home. I'm glad Bron hit that shot though...Akron would have went up in flames if he hadn't. And all the bars were nuts afterwards. Great basketball being played on both sides

Don't get me wrong.. I guess my first comment did kinda downplay turk.. I know he's a good role player, a good key player. But, Isuppose for me, clutch means so much more than hitting the big shot at the end of the game.

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Originally Posted by got shoes

great shot, but Cavs fans really need to worry. This should of been 2-0. Orlando could of brought out the brooms
Even if the series went to 2-0...

I HIGHLY doubt that the Cavs would have gotten swept
laugh.gif
Orlando is really dominate at home. But i really see Orlando in 6

Originally Posted by JsindaA

I'm from Akron too. Let's make this simple, it's responses like these that make people hate him/Cavs fans. Because everyone here(Akron) and everyone in the media micromanages every small feat he accomplishes to make it much bigger than it is. If I were to never have watched a game in my life and/or heard of him til I moved to NEO, I'd swear he had already won 3 or 4 rings, DPOY, multiple MVP's, etc. Bottomline is people need to stop trying to boost him to a status he's going to achieve on his own anyways. That may be the most irritating thing ever. He made a game winner last night so now all the sudden he's more clutch than a player who has been doing it for much longer? No. He has a triple double with 40 points and he's more skilled than Jordan?
indifferent.gif
Stupid stuff like that...on and on and on and on....then when someone points out the OBVIOUS flaws in his game...they are a hater. Uh.....no. I can't recall how many times I've heard Laker fans constantly ridicule Kobe when he does stupid stuff during a game. But when Bron does (like dribble the clock out at the top of the key until he takes a contested 3 knowing he's not a good shooter) it's everyone else's fault but his. I haven't been to LA in a while but here in Akron/Cleveland...the most ridiculous D-riders since MJ. No one questions his dominance nor his impending takeover of the league, but when you crown him...he dang sure better have done something to warrant that crown.....especially when you compare him to those who have multiple rings and accolades.
realest %*** I ever wrote read

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

I'm from Akron too. Let's make this simple, it's responses like these that make people hate him/Cavs fans. Because everyone here(Akron) and everyone in the media micromanages every small feat he accomplishes to make it much bigger than it is. If I were to never have watched a game in my life and/or heard of him til I moved to NEO, I'd swear he had already won 3 or 4 rings, DPOY, multiple MVP's, etc. Bottomline is people need to stop trying to boost him to a status he's going to achieve on his own anyways. That may be the most irritating thing ever. He made a game winner last night so now all the sudden he's more clutch than a player who has been doing it for much longer? No. He has a triple double with 40 points and he's more skilled than Jordan?
indifferent.gif
Stupid stuff like that...on and on and on and on....then when someone points out the OBVIOUS flaws in his game...they are a hater. Uh.....no. I can't recall how many times I've heard Laker fans constantly ridicule Kobe when he does stupid stuff during a game. But when Bron does (like dribble the clock out at the top of the key until he takes a contested 3 knowing he's not a good shooter) it's everyone else's fault but his. I haven't been to LA in a while but here in Akron/Cleveland...the most ridiculous D-riders since MJ. No one questions his dominance nor his impending takeover of the league, but when you crown him...he dang sure better have done something to warrant that crown.....especially when you compare him to those who have multiple rings and accolades.
realest %*** I ever wrote read

true but hes is a pretty good shooter and IMO LeBron will be better then MJ in a couple of years, not now though.

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

great shot, but Cavs fans really need to worry. This should of been 2-0. Orlando could of brought out the brooms
Even if the series went to 2-0...

I HIGHLY doubt that the Cavs would have gotten swept
laugh.gif
Orlando is really dominate at home. But i really see Orlando in 6
so were the cavs...home court don't mean nothing right now.

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

nope
link
  • Is the only player in the NBA averaging at least 28 points, 7 rebounds, and 7 assists per game.
  • Became the youngest player (23 years, 308 days) and fastest (395 games) to reach the following totals: 10,000 points, 2,500 rebounds, 2,500 assists, 700 steals and 300 blocks.
  • Lead the Cavaliers in total points, rebounds assists, steals and blocks. He joins Kevin Garnett (MIN - 2002), Scottie Pippen (CHI -1994) and Dave Cowens (BOS - 1977) as the only players to accomplish that feat.
  • Is the only active player in the NBA to have five consecutive seasons with at least 2,000 points and became just the ninth in NBA history, joining legends Kareem Abdul-Jabar, George Gervin, Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlin, Dominique Wilkins, Oscar Robertson, Alex English and Karl Malone all-time.
  • With his fourth season of at least 2,000 points, 500 rebounds and 500 assists, James became the 2nd player in NBA history (Oscar Robertson) to post at least those numbers in four seasons or more.
  • Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week on seven occasions, becoming the only player in the history of the award to win it seven times in a season.
dude is 24
sick.gif

i grew up on mj and kobe has always been one of my favorite players, while lebron has never been my favorite player but i cant help but be a witness because what he does just doesnt make sense, like this past game when he basically dunked from the freethrow line which had me jump out my seat.

wait till more players take pay cuts to play with him and he starts to rack up some jewlery because he sure as hell doesnt have a pippen or a shaq.

did i mention dude was 24????

I got a serious question. First, I am from Akron.. so you know where I stand already with LeBron. Is it the pride issue for you guys, not wanting admit that he's headed down the road of being the best, and or one of the best to ever play the game. What's against this man besides the lack of a chip? He has lived up to the hype, and gone past that.. we all knew he was going to be a very solid player, but his dominance is unquestionable. I understand the issue of people slurping constantly, but I just think they all want to bask in this moment. Some of you really need to come believers on the real. 2000 500 & 500 4 years? I think Jordan did it twice? Can we at least say, (since people think he doesn't have help) he's the best player ever to do something by himself of all time?

I just want you guys to reply with a serious answer if you can.. because really, all the stats, and moments like last night, should even add up in a blind mans eyes. But people still $^&* on my homey, call him trash, say he's not worthy, not clutch, no heart, no jumper, egotistical... come on now. I know it's hard cause you all grew up with Jordan, and Kobe's careers, so it's hard to just give this fairly new guy the crown, but some of you *^%$$@ 's need to touch base with reality and the sense of now. Duke is getting better and better every year, and you are just sounding like a walking pillar of salt. Please, assist me, word to LeGawd James.

indifferent.gif

Ok, I feel you.. really. But, I guess I am looking at the bigger picture.. Like, a large domino effect in his favor. Getting better in every aspect of hisgame every year. As you stated, "he's a bad" shooter ... yes I can look at games where he's had a terrible night shooting wise (Maybe yearsago), but he'll work all summer to get better and better, and start doing things the next season such as.. going 7/8 from downtown, or like in game 1 theother night, hit like 6 or 7 jumpers in a row. Seeing those shots would instantly make me argue that statement. I also agree on the dribbling at the top ofthe key bull... running down the damn clock, and just dishing it off to someone in hopes for shot clock beater. That offense is so frustraiting, seeing otherjust stand around and not move while he proceeds to just pull up a rhythm J. But hey, often times more than not.. it goes in.

I am in no way saying he's better than Jordan, or that he's more clutch than he is. Even tho, Bron has surpassed him in various ways, and/or tends tofall in the same category when filling up the stat sheet. All I am basically saying is, what will be said when he wins a championship and has a ring? Yougoing to say, "get more rings, and then we'll talk" or something? Probably. JsindaA you are from Akron, so I mean, you alreadyknow how big this is for us, and props to you for still being a Lakers fan and such. But I am not coming outright and saying Lebron the best of the best, butmore so he's definitely headed down that road. Kobe scored 81, and that was instantly a moment when a lot of others were calling him the best of all time. Even tho it was actually harder to achieve than Wilt's 100.. do to size, and the actual skill of the league nowadays, even tho he was playing the raptors.

I wish I could be on the outside looking in, as to say, if I wasn't from Akron and from NY like my other fam. I'd probably want him to come to NY, andI probably would think Wade or Melo was best in the league, who knows. I honestly think I'd believe that he's the best in the league right now. But Ican't, so that's why I wanted to ask that serious question to get a solid answer from you folks.. thanks.

Y'all must have been too young to remember the MJ lovefest before he ever won a chip.

"His Airness", "God in Basketball shoes", etc. etc. etc. ..... it was so bad that his peers froze him out of the All-Star game his rookieseason.

You have to expect people to rightfully revel in the moment. Y'all are just haters.

Bron numbers are in the Jordan and Oscar Robertson circle already and past them in certain aspects....He has already been to the Finals with one of the weakestteams I have ever seen reach that far, and the Cavs had one of the best home records in NBA history this year, with only a slightly better team.....you thinkpeople aren't going to give him praise?

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

wasnt a swish....he shot too hard...kinda takes off some the clutch of it....
[NTer] Redickulous [/NTer]

Seriously, that above is one of THE worst comments I've seen in the sports forum.
laugh.gif

^ If the dude was serious, he should off himself...he probably has no life & was just trying to rile up CAVS/LBJ fans...& it backfired for the mostpart.
laugh.gif

Who else is going to game 3? Will be sitting behind the cavs bench and we will definitely take pics.

Talbert

Alot of ya'll are just haters.

35 points per game, 9 rebounds per game, 7 assists, and shooting 55% from the floor. When was the last time somebody put up numbers like that.

And making the game winning 3 point shot from nearly 5 feet beyond the 3 point line. But I thought "he couldn't shoot"? LeBron not even supposedto be a 3point shooter, are you kidding me?

Just alot of salt in here. That was a Reggie Miller moment by a guy who most people said can't even shoot.

Back
Top Bottom