Cavaliers V Magic ECF GAME 2 5/22 Vol: Another 80 pages?

Being from Ohio (but living in OKla) alot of my friends use to ask why I was not a fan of Lebron .... I did not dislike the guy, just never a fan because itseemed so many ppl were already jumping onto his bandwagon.. but the past 2-3 years ive paid close attention to his growth as a player, I am still not a cavsfan, but ill tell you what, I will be the first in line when lebron and the cavs come to OKC next year... I want to see this kid play in person...!

that shot last night was incredible....

Let's make this simple, it's responses like these that make people hate him/Cavs fans.

Funny. Kobe has been compared to MJ since all-star weekend 98 and yet you're still all over his jockstrap. Can you please explain to me what Kobe has donethat LeBron hasn't so that you hate on LeBron when he's compared to Jordan but don't do the same with Kobe? I have a Shaq 3-time Finals MVP pictureand Shaq's finals stats ready if you mention those three championships.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

I can't recall how many times I've heard Laker fans constantly ridicule Kobe when he does stupid stuff during a game. But when Bron does (like dribble the clock out at the top of the key until he takes a contested 3 knowing he's not a good shooter) it's everyone else's fault but his.

Oh P-lease.. Kobe fans are the kings when it comes to blaming everyone else. They invented that. Patent pending.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Alot of ya'll are just haters.

35 points per game, 9 rebounds per game, 7 assists, and shooting 55% from the floor. When was the last time somebody put up numbers like that.

And making the game winning 3 point shot from nearly 5 feet beyond the 3 point line. But I thought "he couldn't shoot"? LeBron not even supposed to be a 3point shooter, are you kidding me?

Just alot of salt in here. That was a Reggie Miller moment by a guy who most people said can't even shoot.
salty much?
laugh.gif

He made a great shot. leave it at that.

I just wanted to say that Hedo has mad swag for a European player

A lot of those dudes are real quiet and humble, Hedo is right in your face
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Show em the Jersey Turk
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by got shoes

cguy610 wrote:

Alot of ya'll are just haters.

35 points per game, 9 rebounds per game, 7 assists, and shooting 55% from the floor. When was the last time somebody put up numbers like that.

And making the game winning 3 point shot from nearly 5 feet beyond the 3 point line. But I thought "he couldn't shoot"? LeBron not even supposed to be a 3point shooter, are you kidding me?

Just alot of salt in here. That was a Reggie Miller moment by a guy who most people said can't even shoot.
salty much?
laugh.gif

He made a great shot. leave it at that.

Oh, the irony..

it's funny how some of this discussion is fueled by trolling comments(not necessarily trolls at heart, but comments that are made just to flare up thediscussion bc it's easy to get a response for their own entertainment).
I think all true basketball fans will agree that was an amazing shot. But, bc it's a messageboard even some of those same fans like to roll with theanti-Lebron crusade just to get a response here/see what kind of response they'll get.

i think some people online can't discern trolling comments like that sometimes. it's just what you get from the age-range/demographic on this board.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Let's make this simple, it's responses like these that make people hate him/Cavs fans.

Funny. Kobe has been compared to MJ since all-star weekend 98 and yet you're still all over his jockstrap. Can you please explain to me what Kobe has done that LeBron hasn't so that you hate on LeBron when he's compared to Jordan but don't do the same with Kobe? I have a Shaq 3-time Finals MVP picture and Shaq's finals stats ready if you mention those three championships.

you dont know what you just got into.
that shot was def. a BEAUTIFUL shot, no doubt. no one is discrediting what lebron has done, but by no means is he "greater" then MJ/kobe ATM. maybein the future, but right now, no.

I must admit, that I never have been a Lebron fan, neither a D Wade fan, and the reason is.........
The NBA is SO soft now, and I see these 2 get away with isht that never was possible in the old days.
I mean I am a MJ fan forever, and I kinda compare greatness to him, cuz dude dominated in every aspect of the game.
If MJ played in his prime in this era, he wud avg 50 ppg.... not exxagerating. I still watch bulls games I have on tape, and then watch these games now, andits hard to watch todays game.....

That's why its hard for me to appreciate Lebron (and D Wade) cuz they are products of this weak league...... Kobe and Melo (who is my 2nd fav player) playmore of the old school style, their matchup is great

BUT

When you break it down to the basics... Lebron (And D Wade) are some MF'n beasts..... I mean the game they play the hell out of the game...... I didn'tstart appreciating them until the olympics this summer. But they get busy

Lebron could very well be the best one day..... but im not crowning him until he gets there.... his stats are great.... but right now Kobe still has the torch.

Funny. Kobe has been compared to MJ since all-star weekend 98 and yet you're still all over his jockstrap. Can you please explain to me what Kobe has done that LeBron hasn't so that you hate on LeBron when he's compared to Jordan but don't do the same with Kobe? I have a Shaq 3-time Finals MVP picture and Shaq's finals stats ready if you mention those three championships.

I can't recall how many times I've heard Laker fans constantly ridicule Kobe when he does stupid stuff during a game. But when Bron does (like dribble the clock out at the top of the key until he takes a contested 3 knowing he's not a good shooter) it's everyone else's fault but his.

Oh P-lease.. Kobe fans are the kings when it comes to blaming everyone else. They invented that. Patent pending.
I'm not getting into any arguments with you because you are a clear Bron stan...more so than anyone else I can think of on this board. Just byvirtue of saying that Kobe hasn't done anything Bron hasn't to warrant being compared to Jordan is absolutely ridiculous. There isn't an argumentfor either really but there IS much more of one for Kobe than for Bron. Because Kobe actually has a ring and he's been playing much longer. And no itdoesn't matter if Shaq won the finals MVP...he wouldn't have any of those rings if Kobe wasn't on his team. Want more proof that you are the stan?Nowhere in my post was I "all over Kobe's jockstrap" the only time I mentioned him in the entire post was in a negative light. Yet you somehowfound a way to try and spin it as me all over Kobe....pathetic.

If magic's can keep up wit cleveland on da road, Imagine how dey finna play @ home....
smh.gif
smokin.gif

Cav's play Defense fa 4 quarters & win game 3-4....
pimp.gif
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

If magic's can keep up wit cleveland on da road, Imagine how dey finna play @ home....
smh.gif
smokin.gif

Cav's play Defense fa 4 quarters & win game 3-4....
pimp.gif
glasses.gif

You just COMPLETELY contradicted yourself.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

nope
link
  • Is the only player in the NBA averaging at least 28 points, 7 rebounds, and 7 assists per game.
  • Became the youngest player (23 years, 308 days) and fastest (395 games) to reach the following totals: 10,000 points, 2,500 rebounds, 2,500 assists, 700 steals and 300 blocks.
  • Lead the Cavaliers in total points, rebounds assists, steals and blocks. He joins Kevin Garnett (MIN - 2002), Scottie Pippen (CHI -1994) and Dave Cowens (BOS - 1977) as the only players to accomplish that feat.
  • Is the only active player in the NBA to have five consecutive seasons with at least 2,000 points and became just the ninth in NBA history, joining legends Kareem Abdul-Jabar, George Gervin, Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlin, Dominique Wilkins, Oscar Robertson, Alex English and Karl Malone all-time.
  • With his fourth season of at least 2,000 points, 500 rebounds and 500 assists, James became the 2nd player in NBA history (Oscar Robertson) to post at least those numbers in four seasons or more.
  • Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week on seven occasions, becoming the only player in the history of the award to win it seven times in a season.
dude is 24
sick.gif

i grew up on mj and kobe has always been one of my favorite players, while lebron has never been my favorite player but i cant help but be a witness because what he does just doesnt make sense, like this past game when he basically dunked from the freethrow line which had me jump out my seat.

wait till more players take pay cuts to play with him and he starts to rack up some jewlery because he sure as hell doesnt have a pippen or a shaq.

did i mention dude was 24????

I got a serious question. First, I am from Akron.. so you know where I stand already with LeBron. Is it the pride issue for you guys, not wanting admit that he's headed down the road of being the best, and or one of the best to ever play the game. What's against this man besides the lack of a chip? He has lived up to the hype, and gone past that.. we all knew he was going to be a very solid player, but his dominance is unquestionable. I understand the issue of people slurping constantly, but I just think they all want to bask in this moment. Some of you really need to come believers on the real. 2000 500 & 500 4 years? I think Jordan did it twice? Can we at least say, (since people think he doesn't have help) he's the best player ever to do something by himself of all time?

I just want you guys to reply with a serious answer if you can.. because really, all the stats, and moments like last night, should even add up in a blind mans eyes. But people still $^&* on my homey, call him trash, say he's not worthy, not clutch, no heart, no jumper, egotistical... come on now. I know it's hard cause you all grew up with Jordan, and Kobe's careers, so it's hard to just give this fairly new guy the crown, but some of you *^%$$@ 's need to touch base with reality and the sense of now. Duke is getting better and better every year, and you are just sounding like a walking pillar of salt. Please, assist me, word to LeGawd James.
I'm from Akron too. Let's make this simple, it's responses like these that make people hate him/Cavs fans. Because everyone here(Akron) and everyone in the media micromanages every small feat he accomplishes to make it much bigger than it is. If I were to never have watched a game in my life and/or heard of him til I moved to NEO, I'd swear he had already won 3 or 4 rings, DPOY, multiple MVP's, etc. Bottomline is people need to stop trying to boost him to a status he's going to achieve on his own anyways. That may be the most irritating thing ever. He made a game winner last night so now all the sudden he's more clutch than a player who has been doing it for much longer? No. He has a triple double with 40 points and he's more skilled than Jordan?
indifferent.gif
Stupid stuff like that...on and on and on and on....then when someone points out the OBVIOUS flaws in his game...they are a hater. Uh.....no. I can't recall how many times I've heard Laker fans constantly ridicule Kobe when he does stupid stuff during a game. But when Bron does (like dribble the clock out at the top of the key until he takes a contested 3 knowing he's not a good shooter) it's everyone else's fault but his. I haven't been to LA in a while but here in Akron/Cleveland...the most ridiculous D-riders since MJ. No one questions his dominance nor his impending takeover of the league, but when you crown him...he dang sure better have done something to warrant that crown.....especially when you compare him to those who have multiple rings and accolades.

Ok, I feel you.. really. But, I guess I am looking at the bigger picture.. Like, a large domino effect in his favor. Getting better in every aspect of his game every year. As you stated, "he's a bad" shooter ... yes I can look at games where he's had a terrible night shooting wise (Maybe years ago), but he'll work all summer to get better and better, and start doing things the next season such as.. going 7/8 from downtown, or like in game 1 the other night, hit like 6 or 7 jumpers in a row. Seeing those shots would instantly make me argue that statement. I also agree on the dribbling at the top of the key bull... running down the damn clock, and just dishing it off to someone in hopes for shot clock beater. That offense is so frustraiting, seeing other just stand around and not move while he proceeds to just pull up a rhythm J. But hey, often times more than not.. it goes in.

I am in no way saying he's better than Jordan, or that he's more clutch than he is. Even tho, Bron has surpassed him in various ways, and/or tends to fall in the same category when filling up the stat sheet. All I am basically saying is, what will be said when he wins a championship and has a ring? You going to say, "get more rings, and then we'll talk" or something? Probably. JsindaA you are from Akron, so I mean, you already know how big this is for us, and props to you for still being a Lakers fan and such. But I am not coming outright and saying Lebron the best of the best, but more so he's definitely headed down that road. Kobe scored 81, and that was instantly a moment when a lot of others were calling him the best of all time. Even tho it was actually harder to achieve than Wilt's 100.. do to size, and the actual skill of the league nowadays, even tho he was playing the raptors.

I wish I could be on the outside looking in, as to say, if I wasn't from Akron and from NY like my other fam. I'd probably want him to come to NY, and I probably would think Wade or Melo was best in the league, who knows. I honestly think I'd believe that he's the best in the league right now. But I can't, so that's why I wanted to ask that serious question to get a solid answer from you folks.. thanks.
And that right there is the problem. One good game...heck one good season shooting doesn't erase the countless other bad games shooting....andvice versa. That's when it gets irritating....the game against the Bucks, I kid you not, I got 15 texts from 15 different Cavs fans about how Bron was abetter shooter than Kobe
alien.gif
. It's like...ok he's having a greatgame...but it's not sustained success therefore I will not elevate him over someone who is doing it night in and night out..feel me? To me basketball isthe one sport you can NOT just look at the box scores to see who had the best game. So while I can accept those who believe Bron is the best in the league(they have good reason to) I won't agree. Problem is that is viewed as "hate" or being a "Kobe stan"....and it's the EXACT same forthe other side. I just wish people would shut up and appreciate both of these players. We literally have a magic and bird again...but people can't evenappreciate it because they are too busy putting one or the other on a pedestal. As an Akron resident...I truly truly appreciate what he does for the area anda part of me would hate to see him leave...the laker fan in me wants him gone tho
wink.gif
Back on topic....if he wins a chip this year I would still be in the same place I am now. If he beats Kobe though....he officially takes the crownuntil further notice.

bench and MoWill need to step it up on both ends of the court then it'll be a turban for Orlando next 3 games.

Word.

Son is one of the funniest NT'ers on the low.

Only thing is...I don't know if he's purposely trying to be funny or if he's mentally handicapped for real.

Why do people compare Lebron & Kobe though ?

Kobe is a GUARD and Lebron is a FORWARD .

Props to Lebron.. that was AMAZING.. just an incredible shot..

But damn that pick&roll/switch between Turk and Shard was a money play..

Cavs better adjust and find a way to defend that ...or they're in BIG trouble especially playing on the road next game.. its scary cause they dont evenhave to involved D12 in the offense yet they manage to made a comeback from what? 20 pt lead?..

Ummm.. is it just me or the damn refs trying to take over the game last night, i know they called a travel on Lebron on one of the last plays but it seemed soheavily favored to the Cavs..

Good stuff for a basketball fan in general
pimp.gif

I'm not getting into any arguments with you because you are a clear Bron stan...more so than anyone else I can think of on this board. Just by virtue of saying that Kobe hasn't done anything Bron hasn't to warrant being compared to Jordan is absolutely ridiculous. There isn't an argument for either really but there IS much more of one for Kobe than for Bron. Because Kobe actually has a ring and he's been playing much longer. And no it doesn't matter if Shaq won the finals MVP...he wouldn't have any of those rings if Kobe wasn't on his team. Want more proof that you are the stan? Nowhere in my post was I "all over Kobe's jockstrap" the only time I mentioned him in the entire post was in a negative light. Yet you somehow found a way to try and spin it as me all over Kobe....pathetic.

I've seen your posts, and you're a typical Kobe stan, i.e. LeBron hater.. A different breed of hater who spices it up by saying "I don't hateLeBron, just the hype he gets" in a lame attempt to look more objective and less hateful.
eyes.gif
Like I can't say the same about Kobe.
eyes.gif
And this one post you made isn't the only post I've seen you make to know that you're a Kobe stan, so I wasn't talking to you out of this onepost. Unlike Kobe stans on this board, I never once claimed that LeBron is better or as good as Jordan. I will wait until he is in his early 30s to startcomparing him. And he probably still won't have the credentials MJ has, 5 MVPs, DPOY, 6 rings and 6 Finals MVPs. Kobe IS in his early 30s and he has 1 MVPand 3 rings where he rode Shaq and he still gets compared to Jordan, even though he is clearly behind MJ in terms of accomplishments.

Maybe Shaq wouldn't have his rings if you strip Kobe from the 1999-02 roster and don't replace him with anyone else, but he definitely would have thoserings if you replace him with a legit #2 man.. Post-1999 Ray Allen or higher... And like I mentioned, he would've probably had more than 3 rings out of the6-7 seasons Kobe had the privilege of playing with prime Shaq. Kobe himself could've easily had a 4th ring if he wasn't such an egotistical prick andknew his role during the 2004 finals vs Detroit. Instead, he tried to be the man during those finals and failed miserably, driving Shaq out of L.A.

Kobe "won" his first ring when he was 21. At the age of 21, LeBron averaged 31, 7 & 7 and led a bum team to 50 wins. Are you seriously trying toconvince me that LeBron would have problems winning at least 3 rings with Shaq had he played with Shaq at the age of 21 in 1999?

I'm not getting into any arguments with you because you are a clear Bron stan...more so than anyone else I can think of on this board. Just by virtue of saying that Kobe hasn't done anything Bron hasn't to warrant being compared to Jordan is absolutely ridiculous. There isn't an argument for either really but there IS much more of one for Kobe than for Bron. Because Kobe actually has a ring and he's been playing much longer. And no it doesn't matter if Shaq won the finals MVP...he wouldn't have any of those rings if Kobe wasn't on his team. Want more proof that you are the stan? Nowhere in my post was I "all over Kobe's jockstrap" the only time I mentioned him in the entire post was in a negative light. Yet you somehow found a way to try and spin it as me all over Kobe....pathetic.

I've seen your posts, and you're a typical Kobe stan, i.e. LeBron hater.. A different breed of hater who spices it up by saying "I don't hate LeBron, just the hype he gets" in a lame attempt to look more objective and less hateful.
eyes.gif
Like I can't say the same about Kobe.
eyes.gif
And this one post you made isn't the only post I've seen you make to know that you're a Kobe stan, so I wasn't talking to you out of this one post. Unlike Kobe stans on this board, I never once claimed that LeBron is better or as good as Jordan. I will wait until he is in his early 30s to start comparing him. And he probably still won't have the credentials MJ has, 5 MVPs, DPOY, 6 rings and 6 Finals MVPs. Kobe IS in his early 30s and he has 1 MVP and 3 rings where he rode Shaq and he still gets compared to Jordan, even though he is clearly behind MJ in terms of accomplishments.

Maybe Shaq wouldn't have his rings if you strip Kobe from the 1999-02 roster and don't replace him with anyone else, but he definitely would have those rings if you replace him with a legit #2 man.. Post-1999 Ray Allen or higher... And like I mentioned, he would've probably had more than 3 rings out of the 6-7 seasons Kobe had the privilege of playing with prime Shaq. Kobe himself could've easily had a 4th ring if he wasn't such an egotistical prick and knew his role during the 2004 finals vs Detroit. Instead, he tried to be the man during those finals and failed miserably, driving Shaq out of L.A.

Kobe "won" his first ring when he was 21. At the age of 21, LeBron averaged 31, 7 & 7 and led a bum team to 50 wins. Are you seriously trying to convince me that LeBron would have problems winning at least 3 rings with Shaq had he played with Shaq at the age of 21 in 1999?
grin.gif

wow I can't believe I missed the game cuz of a stupid graduation

Lebron's shot was amazing

smh at Orlando even letting lebron catch the ball

Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan . He's not Michael Jordan , but he's Michael Jordan 2.0 IMO . Every aspect of their game is similar ... & likeI've always said ... how are people comparing Lebron & Jordan ????? Lebron is 3 inches , maybe 40 pounds bigger than that dude . He's more of a'Barkley' than a Jordan . Period . Bron is dominant , but not in the same way MJ was . Not that I think of it , Lebron is just like Barkley , just withmore hype & less personality .

Back
Top Bottom