11px-Star_full.svg.png

Spin - 9/10
Sputnikmusic -
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_half.svg.png
This is the only reason I believe Ye has a chance to put up numbers around 600K-750K
The rave reviews have been stockpiling up.

Originally Posted by UnderMedicated

Ye is definitely selling 600-700k.

About.com -
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png

AllHipHop - 10/10
Entertainment Weekly - A
New York (magazine) - (favorable)
Rolling Stone -
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png

Spin - 9/10
Sputnikmusic -
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_half.svg.png
This is the only reason I believe Ye has a chance to put up numbers around 600K-750K
The rave reviews have been stockpiling up.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

You dudes underestimate the effect internet piracy has on record sales and overestimate how much buzz Kanye really has. 500k is GREAT sales. He'd have one of the biggest debuts of the year. And at the end of the day Kanye is a big seller because of his talent. Because of the quality of his music. Eminem and Drake are big sellers because they have hit singles in rotation. That being said, 500k is GREAT.

what hits did Drake have? Find Your Love? Runaway is arguably bigger due to the TV performances and the movie...

You dudes underestimate the effect internet piracy has on record sales and overestimate how much buzz Kanye really has. 500k is GREAT sales. He'd have one of the biggest debuts of the year. And at the end of the day Kanye is a big seller because of his talent. Because of the quality of his music. Eminem and Drake are big sellers because they have hit singles in rotation. That being said, 500k is GREAT.

what hits did Drake have? Find Your Love? Runaway is arguably bigger due to the TV performances and the movie...

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Find Your Love and Over were far bigger than what Runaway is.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Find Your Love and Over were far bigger than what Runaway is.

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

runaway aint even big on the radios, they play monster way more (cuz of Nikki verse
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
)

Runaway is huge, that track put him on everyones radar. I was listening to the Howard Stern show and he even said he liked the song. When a Hip Hop song gets to that level it is huge. 

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

runaway aint even big on the radios, they play monster way more (cuz of Nikki verse
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
)

Runaway is huge, that track put him on everyones radar. I was listening to the Howard Stern show and he even said he liked the song. When a Hip Hop song gets to that level it is huge. 

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Ya'll realize that EACH year albums sales go down right?

Each year's benchmark goes lower and lower... Theres gonna be a time where Kanye might slightly top out at Gold.

Kanye will never struggle to sell albums......
  • Kanye 800k
  • Nicki 250k
  • Neyo 85k
  • Banks........... Had to google him to see if he actually had an album dropping

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Ya'll realize that EACH year albums sales go down right?

Each year's benchmark goes lower and lower... Theres gonna be a time where Kanye might slightly top out at Gold.

Kanye will never struggle to sell albums......
  • Kanye 800k
  • Nicki 250k
  • Neyo 85k
  • Banks........... Had to google him to see if he actually had an album dropping

Kanye - 400,000 He MIGHT BARELY pass 500,000.

Nicki Minaj - I expect her to sell around the same units as ye. Maybe more, she's been on more stuff than Kanye including Kanye's own stuff. Plus she has a song with Em....that automatically boosts sales.

Neyo- Don't care. I'll throw in a number though. 150,000

Lloyd Banks - I actually think Banks is gonna be the biggest surprise. He's moving 150,000 ALONE off his core fan base. Add in the fans he got with the 5 mixtapes he dropped in a row and his street singles....I expect around 250, - 350,000 units sold.

Nicki Minaj - I expect her to sell around the same units as ye. Maybe more, she's been on more stuff than Kanye including Kanye's own stuff. Plus she has a song with Em....that automatically boosts sales.

Lloyd Banks - I actually think Banks is gonna be the biggest surprise. He's moving 150,000 ALONE off his core fan base. Add in the fans he got with the 5 mixtapes he dropped in a row and his street singles....I expect around 250, - 350,000 units sold.

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

6b926da5fb05127f7d3c10f6c3508b88fbf471fa.bmp

6b926da5fb05127f7d3c10f6c3508b88fbf471fa.bmp

You ask the average fan of music when Lloyd Banks album is dropping they'll ask you "Who is Lloyd Banks?" On EMI he'll sell 35 to 50k. Banks might see 150k total like Raekwon did on Built 4 Cuban Linx 2.

You ask the average fan of music when Lloyd Banks album is dropping they'll ask you "Who is Lloyd Banks?" On EMI he'll sell 35 to 50k. Banks might see 150k total like Raekwon did on Built 4 Cuban Linx 2.

eyes.gif

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

eyes.gif

it's true though.  what's gonna be the succesful radio single that pushes it to 350,000?

and don't say start it up
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

eyes.gif

it's true though.  what's gonna be the succesful radio single that pushes it to 350,000?

and don't say start it up
laugh.gif

You dudes underestimate the effect internet piracy has on record sales and overestimate how much buzz Kanye really has.
Funny you mention that

This is just ONE website...
28021665.png

Back
Top Bottom