Cd Sales 12-1-09 Vol. Curtis 59k Second week

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

How does Gaga have two of the same albums chart like that?

[table][tr][td]34[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]LADY GAGA[/td] [td]INTERSCOPE[/td] [td]144,622[/td] [td]+398%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FAME[/td] [/tr][/table]
A 400% increase in one week? Ridiculous.
The Fame Monster (Deluxe Edition) is packaged with The Fame. It counts as an album sale for that as well.

It's taken Gaga like 5 singles to move major units.
Son, it went Diamond internationally.

Son, You can't even GO "diamond internationally". Those certifications are given out PER TERRITORY. Why would you act like you know what the #@#+ you're talking about when you don't? Because you're on Niketalk of course.....

It's done 1.6 Mil in America. You think it's done 8.4 internationally? When America has the highest sales base of any territory in the world and she's an American artist?

#@#+ is wrong with you?

Album is over a year old and it took 5 singles to get where it is. That was my point. I have no idea what you're point was, but it was all sorts of wrong either way.

eek.gif
Sheesh...

[table][tr][td]34[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]LADY GAGA[/td] [td]INTERSCOPE[/td] [td]144,622[/td] [td]+398%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FAME[/td] [/tr][/table]
The Fame Monster (Deluxe Edition) is packaged with The Fame. It counts as an album sale for that as well.

Son, You can't even GO "diamond internationally". Those certifications are given out PER TERRITORY. Why would you act like you know what the #@#+ you're talking about when you don't? Because you're on Niketalk of course.....

It's done 1.6 Mil in America. You think it's done 8.4 internationally? When America has the highest sales base of any territory in the world and she's an American artist?

#@#+ is wrong with you?

Album is over a year old and it took 5 singles to get where it is. That was my point. I have no idea what you're point was, but it was all sorts of wrong either way.

roll.gif
at you going off on him.

Yeah, sales certifications are different in every country. No such thing as going "diamond" worldwide.

*hugs Lazy B*

I'm sayin' though, how ridiculous is it for this cat to try to "son" me when he has no idea what he's talking about? I don't thinkshe's done 10 Mil worldwide. Might actually be closer to 5. There is no such thing as "Diamond Internationally". And this cat is trying to"son" me? Come on now.....

She's had 5 of the biggest records of the year and ain't even Double Plat in the US. And this dude trying to "son" me like it's done 10Mil. Now again, her ringtone and download $$ is probably off the charts. That was my point. Her project is still an ENORMOUS success. Don't %@@+ on JaySean. His 2nd single is just poppin' now. He could still move units.

It's cool to be interested in the business of music, which is what this is. But I think people need to have a better understanding of what these numbermean. Because they don't mean EVERYTHING.

Nah'mean?

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

and Susan Boyle wouldnt be popular if she wasnt so damn ugly
laugh.gif

Yeah, because she wasn't popular even before moving 700,000 units in the first week.

she wasnt popular until she appeared on Britain's Got Talent...

Man I have no idea who that Susan chick is...I had to google her
laugh.gif
... Shows how limited my music range is...

I'm kinda suprised by those Birdman numbers....thought he would at least do 50

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

and Susan Boyle wouldnt be popular if she wasnt so damn ugly
laugh.gif

Yeah, because she wasn't popular even before moving 700,000 units in the first week.
He does have a point. No one would have cared if she was attractive because we've been conditioned to think that way. When this "ugly" person (she is though) opened her mouth and that melodic tune came out the world fell in love with her because a beast created something so beautiful.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't know if that was supposed to be funny but it was.
laugh.gif

#@#+ is wrong with you?

roll.gif
at you going off on him.

Yeah, sales certifications are different in every country. No such thing as going "diamond" worldwide.

*hugs Lazy B*

I'm sayin' though, how ridiculous is it for this cat to try to "son" me when he has no idea what he's talking about? I don't think she's done 10 Mil worldwide. Might actually be closer to 5. There is no such thing as "Diamond Internationally". And this cat is trying to "son" me? Come on now.....

She's had 5 of the biggest records of the year and ain't even Double Plat in the US. And this dude trying to "son" me like it's done 10 Mil. Now again, her ringtone and download $$ is probably off the charts. That was my point. Her project is still an ENORMOUS success. Don't %@@+ on Jay Sean. His 2nd single is just poppin' now. He could still move units.

It's cool to be interested in the business of music, which is what this is. But I think people need to have a better understanding of what these number mean. Because they don't mean EVERYTHING.

Nah'mean?
roll.gif
I don't know what's funnier the fact that you gotthat upset or the fact that you're trying to downplay what she did. Who cares if she released 5 singles or 2, she still had a very successful debut album.So I made an error in saying she went diamond internationally. I know what the ##%$ I was saying. She sold 10 million albums worldwide, going plat in differentcountries. God damn. Getting mad over something that has NO impact on your life.

Y'all are laughing at Birdman and he's laughing at you all the way to the bank.
Money is the end all to everything? You still have growing up to do son.

roll.gif
I don't know what's funnier the fact that you got that upset or the fact that you're trying to downplay what she did. Who cares if she released 5 singles or 2, she still had a very successful debut album. So I made an error in saying she went diamond internationally. I know what the ##%$ I was saying. She sold 10 million albums worldwide, going plat in different countries. God damn. Getting mad over something that has NO impact on your life.
The subtle humor in this statement is overwhelming.

I have to leave but before I go let me tell you why what you said made no sense.

Lady Gaga went 3 times platinum (how does she stop?) in Australia.

You probably think that means she sold 3 million.

When in fact in Australia,

A music single or album qualifies for a platinum certification if it exceeds 70,000 copies shipped to retailers and a gold certification for 35,000 copiesshipped.

Originally Posted by JPioneer

That's pretty solid second week for 50, right?
No its not... 50 will be lucky to even go Gold. Wow I never thought i'd see the day a rapper of 50's stature would struggle to go Gold.

music industry is shot

all these myspace rappers who aint blow up yet might as well not even try

(no offense to anybody who tryna do the music thing)

go the max b route an just make ill mixtapes an collect lil club show money.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I have to leave but before I go let me tell you why what you said made no sense.

Lady Gaga went 3 times platinum (how does she stop?) in Australia.

You probably think that means she sold 3 million.

When in fact in Australia,

A music single or album qualifies for a platinum certification if it exceeds 70,000 copies shipped to retailers and a gold certification for 35,000 copies shipped.
The more you know.

"I Sold what ya whole album sold in my first week."

I don't think 50 total album sales will reach that 476K first week number BP3 put up. 50 got a single with Ne-Yo and its not even came close to crackin thetop 10.. awful.

Rihanna didn't do the numbers I expected her to, but it ain't like her music is that good anyway. I'm sure Def Jam will find a way to keeprepackaging it and keep putting out singles though.

#@#+ is wrong with you?

roll.gif
Pied.

#@#+ is wrong with you?

sick.gif

#@#+ is wrong with you?

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Nyota de la star

Are Rihanna first week numbers? Hmmm...
ohwell.gif

Rated R will probably end up being a "cult classic" unless she plans on rereleasing. I liked that album though.
she never had strong first week numbers.

Back
Top Bottom