CD sales 2-9-10 Vol. Rebirth

why would u spend money gettin production and features to put it out for free? thats just dumb...

if u dont see the minor difference in the situations then u sir are a fool...

seein that the album has only been out a week of course im talkin about first week numbers...

and yea u made up the fact that he recorded it just to sell records...

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

why would u spend money gettin production and features to put it out for free? thats just dumb...
So can we agree that it was expected to sell some units??

if u dont see the minor difference in the situations then u sir are a fool...
We're all entitled to our opinions... As ******ed as they may be...

seein that the album has only been out a week of course im talkin about first week numbers...
So I guess he hasn't quite "outsold 50 with a rock album" as you earlier proclaimed then...

and yea u made up the fact that he recorded it just to sell records...
Yea... What was I thinking?? Universal KNEW this was gonna TANK when they attempted to drop it over a year ago @ the height of Wayne's popularity...
eyes.gif

I'm sure Wayne had been itching to release his inner-Rock side... For better or for worse

at the end of the day wayne sold more than 50 wit a rock album... u and ur stannishness still lose...

2qmg41i.gif

BISD is certified gold right now, this JUST came out.....you think with lil wayne in jail and this album being complete basura thats its gonna catch up AND beat 50's sales?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

its still not the same tho... u cant compare a rapper releasing a rock album to a rapper releasing a rap album...

You act as if someone FORCED Lil Wayne/Cash Money to release that GARBAGE...

He willingly got in the booth and made that **@%... Under the assumption that it would do #s, but it didn't...

So how is it NOT a failure?? Cause it's not "Rap"??

Regardless of genre, its  a Lil Wayne album... Is it not??

bravo, this.

its still not the same tho... u cant compare a rapper releasing a rock album to a rapper releasing a rap album...

You act as if someone FORCED Lil Wayne/Cash Money to release that GARBAGE...

He willingly got in the booth and made that **@%... Under the assumption that it would do #s, but it didn't...

So how is it NOT a failure?? Cause it's not "Rap"??

Regardless of genre, its  a Lil Wayne album... Is it not??

eh. idk. i've bought every NaS and album, but if son ever released a rock album, I doubt I'm gonna touch it.
laugh.gif

if I'm gonna buy a rock album, I'm gonna buy it if it's a rock ARTIST. and i'm not really all that big of a rock fan in the first place, I must admit.

i just don't think it works in the same logic.

i.e. Chris Cornell has a minion of fans around the globe, but when he went out of his genre and made an album with Timbo, no one touched that *$*%.

but that's just me.

Time you know Harlem aint gon admit that his  2nd fav rapper career is over....he just using this Lil Wayne thread as another platform to have somebody think about 50 Cent

We had this same debate when 50 self destructed released BISD...with Harlem giving those same weak talking points

Regardless of yall tryin to latch 50s career on to lil waynes to keep him relevant...this board n most casual fans will still feel dude days of relevance is gone(In Music)

Originally Posted by ninjahood

at the end of the day wayne sold more than 50 wit a rock album... u and ur stannishness still lose...

2qmg41i.gif

BISD is certified gold right now, this JUST came out.....you think with lil wayne in jail and this album being complete basura thats its gonna catch up AND beat 50's sales?
laugh.gif

Easily. 50 Cent has only SHIPPED 500K. He is RIAA certified but he has only sold something in the mid 300K range. I wouldn't be surprised if Rebirth was certified gold next week already, it's not that hard for a Lil Wayne album to ship 500K copies. Lil Wayne will catch and surpass 50 Cent's BISD in sales within the next 2 months. Easily. Lil Wayne will SELL 500K. Not just ship it like 50.

P.S. It is 808s. Not 808's.

Originally Posted by killaCAM237

2qmg41i.gif

laugh.gif

Easily. 50 Cent has only SHIPPED 500K. He is RIAA certified but he has only sold something in the mid 300K range. I wouldn't be surprised if Rebirth was certified gold next week already, it's not that hard for a Lil Wayne album to ship 500K copies. Lil Wayne will catch and surpass 50 Cent's BISD in sales within the next 2 months. Easily. Lil Wayne will SELL 500K. Not just ship it like 50.

and how do you suppose lil wayne is gonna do that? he's in jail and da album is terrible...who in there right mind is gonna buy MORE of these albums? whats gonna be da next single

single to push it?

2qmg41i.gif

laugh.gif

and how do you suppose lil wayne is gonna do that? he's in jail and da album is terrible...who in there right mind is gonna buy MORE of these albums? whats gonna be da next single

single to push it?
Well he just got 3 more weeks out of jail to promote. They have shot multiple videos for the project, 4 I believe. I also think the allure of him being in jail will help sell the project. Knockout with Nicki can be the next single. Once the Drop The World video comes out it will also help get another good push. My personal favorite on the album is Ground Zero but I'm not too sure about how that would go over in other markets. I believe he should sell the album for around $7-8 dollars on the week he is going into jail on iTunes and get the sales back up. If they got creative with it, they could make buying Rebirth give you 2 dollars off C4 on iTunes when it released and what not. 50 has to cut his losses on his project now. Wayne still has a lot of budget to keep going. YMCMB. Brrr. JK.

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

Time you know Harlem aint gon admit that his  2nd fav rapper career is over....he just using this Lil Wayne thread as another platform to have somebody think about 50 Cent

We had this same debate when 50 self destructed released BISD...with Harlem giving those same weak talking points

Regardless of yall tryin to latch 50s career on to lil waynes to keep him relevant...this board n most casual fans will still feel dude days of relevance is gone(In Music)

Yea... Listen to this guy
eyes.gif

50's career is OVER...

Nothing will ever change in these threads. Same ___'s arguing again
roll.gif

Till the next big name Hip-Hop/Rap artist drops ill be back to look at these same quotables
laugh.gif

2qmg41i.gif

laugh.gif

single to push it?

The last thing I'm going to say is, a normal 2nd week on the charts, the album drops by around 60%. If this drops at that expected rate, it will sell another 105,000 albums next week. Which will put it only 100,000 behind 50 Cent's TOTAL SALES only 2 weeks in to it being on the shelves. Which easily lends one to believe that it will easily catch an album it is only 100,000 albums behind that has been out since Mid-November. Just saying...this is for sure to outsell BISD. 50 Cent will never sell a good amount of albums again. Lil Wayne will. C4 will be like when Pac was released from jail. Biggest event in music.

NOT that it surprises me or ANYthing, but Lil Wayne fans aren't the smartest people in the world...

Guess that's why they're Lil Wayne fans...
smh.gif

NOT that it surprises me or ANYthing, but Lil Wayne fans aren't the smartest people in the world...

smh.gif
This.
glasses.gif
nerd.gif
glasses.gif

smh.gif

You should read all the stuff I wrote. I am the only one that understands any of these numbers apparently. I'm not even a Wayne fan. You will see that 50 Cent is going to lose this battle though.

Yea Lil Wayne selling 12K more his first week than 50 means he's gonna outsell him overall...

I get it...
im still baffled on how he's gonna do that with a piss poor album...this isn't lady gaga where she releases one single that catches fire.....her album dies

down and then she releases a late single that makes da album shoot back up in da charts.

Lets put it this way,
if you expect Lil Wayne to put out a rock number and do anything close to C3 numbers, your blinded.
Rock + Rapper + Autotune = Failure on paper.
And in all honesty, Rebirth isnt even bad, I dislike 2-3 songs though.
BISD was 50s RAP ALBUM, it had like what, 6 FAILED singles?
REBIRTH is Waynes "ROCK" Album, Prom Queen was GARBAGE, On Fire is nice, and the album did 176 k.
Oh yeah it did leak TWO months early basically.
And for the ones saying Waynes career is done, and mean it, your blinded.
C4 will sell C3 or close to C3 numbers.

Back
Top Bottom