Cd sales 6-29-10 Vol. Em 753k

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by The Kid Nimley

Its ONE week out the year...

You guys NEED to cut it out...

Look @ the sales trend of Relapse...

Recovery is gonna follow that SAME trend...

As I said before, TML is gonna outsell this garbage...
ummm...nah....only way that would happen is if eminem does a complete 180 and turns into a hermit after this single and let drake drop a million singles.
Dude is right though. Its not about 1st week sales. Drake's album has the potential to stay on the charts for awhile. I don't hear that single that's going to keep Em's album on the charts but he may not need one. I underrated his popularity. I didn't think he could still snag 700k his first week.

Yall saying Drake gon outsell Em? this dude just did 750k+ with NO promotion. What singles do he really need to stay afloat? None.

Its Drake yall need to check for if he gon be able to keep up.

This is Em we talking bout. Em...and i dont like the album either btw.

Yall saying Drake gon outsell Em? this dude just did 750k+ with NO promotion. What singles do he really need to stay afloat? None.

Its Drake yall need to check for if he gon be able to keep up.

This is Em we talking bout. Em...and i dont like the album either btw.

This time EM sold lot (like always, beating his rap counterparts) and actually had a good album w/ no silly songs, crazy

This time EM sold lot (like always, beating his rap counterparts) and actually had a good album w/ no silly songs, crazy

Alright this is nothing new for Em..even tho he pushed more than Relapse did in the first week..and your dumb deaf or blind if don't know why he sells so much albums

Alright this is nothing new for Em..even tho he pushed more than Relapse did in the first week..and your dumb deaf or blind if don't know why he sells so much albums

Originally Posted by rocyaice

ummm...nah....only way that would happen is if eminem does a complete 180 and turns into a hermit after this single and let drake drop a million singles.
Dude is right though. Its not about 1st week sales. Drake's album has the potential to stay on the charts for awhile. I don't hear that single that's going to keep Em's album on the charts but he may not need one. I underrated his popularity. I didn't think he could still snag 700k his first week.
Naw, there are more singles on Recovery I think.

He just put out the song with Pink right? With a video on the way?

Then he'll probably drop that song with Rihanna; another chart topper, followed by a video.

With those two songs/videos dominating the radio/music countdowns, he'll probably have very little work to do outside of that for a solid 3-4 months.

Then, around October, November, when people have grown indifferent to the Rihanna song, he'll probably drop the song with Wayne, who'll be out not too long after that; just in time to work on a video for it.

Eminem's year is set.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Naw, there are more singles on Recovery I think.

He just put out the song with Pink right? With a video on the way?

Then he'll probably drop that song with Rihanna; another chart topper, followed by a video.

With those two songs/videos dominating the radio/music countdowns, he'll probably have very little work to do outside of that for a solid 3-4 months.

Then, around October, November, when people have grown indifferent to the Rihanna song, he'll probably drop the song with Wayne, who'll be out not too long after that; just in time to work on a video for it.

Eminem's year is set.

I don't think anyone in here is denying Em's talent because you would be crazy to do so. However, a lot of you seem to be in denial about why he sells so many albums. While his race has nothing to do with his ability as an MC, it has a lot to do with the huge numbers he continually puts up.

I don't think anyone in here is denying Em's talent because you would be crazy to do so. However, a lot of you seem to be in denial about why he sells so many albums. While his race has nothing to do with his ability as an MC, it has a lot to do with the huge numbers he continually puts up.

Yea nobody should be surprised its...Eminem, the dude is white n a rebel to the youth,he will always sell to the young white demographic bottom line.

The kids(white) that grew up on him will stay wit him, the kids(white) comin up now will flock to him, throw in the casual hip hop fan and the folks that really appreciate his skill...there goes ya leader in sales every time.

Yea nobody should be surprised its...Eminem, the dude is white n a rebel to the youth,he will always sell to the young white demographic bottom line.

The kids(white) that grew up on him will stay wit him, the kids(white) comin up now will flock to him, throw in the casual hip hop fan and the folks that really appreciate his skill...there goes ya leader in sales every time.

^Co-sign
Ya'll dont think white folk gonna latch onto WTP? That song will be in heavy rotation when kids get back on campus
laugh.gif
Recovery is better than TML anyways so it's only right

^Co-sign
Ya'll dont think white folk gonna latch onto WTP? That song will be in heavy rotation when kids get back on campus
laugh.gif
Recovery is better than TML anyways so it's only right

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

white people who know nothing about hiphop are the only people who buy his cds
its not fair comparing him to other rappers

So I guess he's not even in the same league as black rappers huh. Maybe we should be comparing him to Taylor Swift or Justin Beiber.

Look. An album sold, is an album sold. The guy makes rap music, and he's good at it. That's undeniable.

Whether you like it or not is a different story, but bottom line is dude is selling.

Exactly, dude's stay TRYING to find a way to discredit Em. Does he sell more because he's white? Sure, no doubt.

But regardless he sells, AND he's a great MC.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

white people who know nothing about hiphop are the only people who buy his cds
its not fair comparing him to other rappers

So I guess he's not even in the same league as black rappers huh. Maybe we should be comparing him to Taylor Swift or Justin Beiber.

Look. An album sold, is an album sold. The guy makes rap music, and he's good at it. That's undeniable.

Whether you like it or not is a different story, but bottom line is dude is selling.

Exactly, dude's stay TRYING to find a way to discredit Em. Does he sell more because he's white? Sure, no doubt.

But regardless he sells, AND he's a great MC.

Wow the Eminem %@$% slurping in this thread is heavy. Ya'll need to get a grandma smack upside your heads you have no idea what good music is, #%@* is disgusting.

Wow the Eminem %@$% slurping in this thread is heavy. Ya'll need to get a grandma smack upside your heads you have no idea what good music is, #%@* is disgusting.

seems like people always try to discredit em. people act like drake isnt white himself.
They both had good 1st week numbers, drake 2nd week numbers had a big drop but i think his next single will help him
most of my white friends just dl the radio single while most of my black friends buy the album on the first day and memorize the album by the first week. just sayin

seems like people always try to discredit em. people act like drake isnt white himself.
They both had good 1st week numbers, drake 2nd week numbers had a big drop but i think his next single will help him
most of my white friends just dl the radio single while most of my black friends buy the album on the first day and memorize the album by the first week. just sayin

Stop it.

This white thing is just another reason for people to discredit Em. I don't see Bubba Sparxxx selling 750K, so let's stop with the "it's cuz he's white" thing.

Music has always succeeded through relatability anyway. So if 750K white kids can relate to him the same way 1 million black kids could relate to Wayne a few years back, what's the difference?

If that's the case let's use everybodys traits as the reason they sell...GaGa cuz she's weird, Britney cuz she's slutty, Kanye cuz he's controversial, Beyonce cuz she's attractive.

It's trivial to make "excuses" as to why he sells. Maybe it's cuz he developed a fanbase with his talent and they appreciate the quality of his work.

Stop it.

This white thing is just another reason for people to discredit Em. I don't see Bubba Sparxxx selling 750K, so let's stop with the "it's cuz he's white" thing.

Music has always succeeded through relatability anyway. So if 750K white kids can relate to him the same way 1 million black kids could relate to Wayne a few years back, what's the difference?

If that's the case let's use everybodys traits as the reason they sell...GaGa cuz she's weird, Britney cuz she's slutty, Kanye cuz he's controversial, Beyonce cuz she's attractive.

It's trivial to make "excuses" as to why he sells. Maybe it's cuz he developed a fanbase with his talent and they appreciate the quality of his work.

Back
Top Bottom