Cd sales 6-29-10 Vol. Em 753k

A lot of people got things twisted in this thread.

First off, of course Em sells because he's white. Same reason Wayne sells. Same reason Bieber sells. Same reason Gaga sells. Same reason Drake sells. Majority of album sales come from White America.

We all know this.

But the reason Em sells so much, is because he's a vet in the game. One of the biggest names in rap. Think about it. He's been in the game for like a decade plus. He has a wide fan base. People who are 35 now, remember listening to Em at 25 and cop. People who were 18 listening to Em 10 years ago, will cop his CD today at 28. It is what is. The reason he sells so much, is because he reaches everybody. Teens, females, older people, and males.

The majority of Drake sales are most likely female. Can't say the same about Em. He taps into the white male fan base.

Either way, there's no way Drake outsells Em. Same dudes saying that, are the same dudes preaching Drake would outsell Em first week.

People bring up Relapse, but Recovery has singles. Rihanna, Pink, Wayne. That's all you need to know about the lasting power of this album.

You can even tell Em wanted to come back as a force, because he dropped a serious single first, and lined up the album with big name features.

Drake's numbers are nothing to scoff at, but at the end of the day, all dudes singles sound the same. Either I made it, or he's simping. That mess has no pull over the long haul.

A lot of people got things twisted in this thread.

First off, of course Em sells because he's white. Same reason Wayne sells. Same reason Bieber sells. Same reason Gaga sells. Same reason Drake sells. Majority of album sales come from White America.

We all know this.

But the reason Em sells so much, is because he's a vet in the game. One of the biggest names in rap. Think about it. He's been in the game for like a decade plus. He has a wide fan base. People who are 35 now, remember listening to Em at 25 and cop. People who were 18 listening to Em 10 years ago, will cop his CD today at 28. It is what is. The reason he sells so much, is because he reaches everybody. Teens, females, older people, and males.

The majority of Drake sales are most likely female. Can't say the same about Em. He taps into the white male fan base.

Either way, there's no way Drake outsells Em. Same dudes saying that, are the same dudes preaching Drake would outsell Em first week.

People bring up Relapse, but Recovery has singles. Rihanna, Pink, Wayne. That's all you need to know about the lasting power of this album.

You can even tell Em wanted to come back as a force, because he dropped a serious single first, and lined up the album with big name features.

Drake's numbers are nothing to scoff at, but at the end of the day, all dudes singles sound the same. Either I made it, or he's simping. That mess has no pull over the long haul.

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

white people who know nothing about hiphop are the only people who buy his cds
its not fair comparing him to other rappers

I agree, never understood why people compare Eminem's sales to other rappers. You should compare his sales to Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift because those same fan bases are buying Recovery. And thats no dis to Eminem, I like his new album and he is talented. But he has a huge advantage over other rappers.

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

white people who know nothing about hiphop are the only people who buy his cds
its not fair comparing him to other rappers

I agree, never understood why people compare Eminem's sales to other rappers. You should compare his sales to Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift because those same fan bases are buying Recovery. And thats no dis to Eminem, I like his new album and he is talented. But he has a huge advantage over other rappers.

I usually stay away from these threads, but there is way too much ignorance going around. Em sells more albums because he is white? With that logic, paul wall sold millions also? And Alchemist? And Haystack? And Bubba Sparks? And Vinnie Paz dropped an album too. Those guys combined havn't done the numbers that Em has. Shady is in a league of his own. He doesn't need radio play, he doesn't need the song for the ladies, he doesn't need to rap about selling drugs, and if he takes aim at you on a rap, you're going to look stupid. Dudes label by itself is responsibe for 14-15 multi-platinum and gold releases.

People need to realize that there is Em and then their is all the other rappers. How are you going to justify comparing a rap icon with an upstart pop rapper? Just give props and keep it moving, but arguing that he is successful because he is white? Please. He just reached the status that few do where he just needs to mention that an album is coming and doesn't need to be forced down our throats with radio play and a million appearances. Em is just that down to earth, pure pen and paper rapper that the game doesn't get many of.

I usually stay away from these threads, but there is way too much ignorance going around. Em sells more albums because he is white? With that logic, paul wall sold millions also? And Alchemist? And Haystack? And Bubba Sparks? And Vinnie Paz dropped an album too. Those guys combined havn't done the numbers that Em has. Shady is in a league of his own. He doesn't need radio play, he doesn't need the song for the ladies, he doesn't need to rap about selling drugs, and if he takes aim at you on a rap, you're going to look stupid. Dudes label by itself is responsibe for 14-15 multi-platinum and gold releases.

People need to realize that there is Em and then their is all the other rappers. How are you going to justify comparing a rap icon with an upstart pop rapper? Just give props and keep it moving, but arguing that he is successful because he is white? Please. He just reached the status that few do where he just needs to mention that an album is coming and doesn't need to be forced down our throats with radio play and a million appearances. Em is just that down to earth, pure pen and paper rapper that the game doesn't get many of.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

I don't think many black people actually go out & purchase an Eminem album though.. Not so much because he is white, but the content & subject matter of most of his tracks...
Bingo.

Thus why I can't really stomach a lot of his material these days.

I don't think many black people actually go out & purchase an Eminem album though.. Not so much because he is white, but the content & subject matter of most of his tracks...
Bingo.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Bingo.

Explain to me how that R&B %$! album Drake just released has any material that pertains just to blacks... Again, EM has a huge black and latino fan base and yes they bought the album.

Promotion wise, Drake had 100x more...you had BET, MTV and the **@+ over at Crooks and Castles either having documentaries or ALL DRAKE DAYS and bammas buying out best buy stock and still he under sold.

I know a lot of you guys are too young hence why you flock to Drake but be real...TML is and will be a p.o.s.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Bingo.

Explain to me how that R&B %$! album Drake just released has any material that pertains just to blacks... Again, EM has a huge black and latino fan base and yes they bought the album.

Promotion wise, Drake had 100x more...you had BET, MTV and the **@+ over at Crooks and Castles either having documentaries or ALL DRAKE DAYS and bammas buying out best buy stock and still he under sold.

I know a lot of you guys are too young hence why you flock to Drake but be real...TML is and will be a p.o.s.

... Again, EM has a huge black and latino fan base and yes they bought the album.

Are we talking about black dudes from black neighborhoods or are we talking about black dudes from the burbs??  Big difference.

... Again, EM has a huge black and latino fan base and yes they bought the album.

Are we talking about black dudes from black neighborhoods or are we talking about black dudes from the burbs??  Big difference.

Soooo....Eminem's fanbase has a large percentage of people who "Don't know anything about hiphop"?

Are you trying to say in the same sentence that Drake's fanbase doesn't consist of 80% female teenyboppers?
Are you dudes serious right now?

Just give credit where credit is due. Glad to see Em returning to form after a few years of personal and professional issues.

Soooo....Eminem's fanbase has a large percentage of people who "Don't know anything about hiphop"?

Are you trying to say in the same sentence that Drake's fanbase doesn't consist of 80% female teenyboppers?
Are you dudes serious right now?

Just give credit where credit is due. Glad to see Em returning to form after a few years of personal and professional issues.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

What does it matter?

A black person is a black person...

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Wow the Eminem %@$% slurping in this thread is heavy. Ya'll need to get a grandma smack upside your heads you have no idea what good music is, #%@* is disgusting.

Coming from the guy who claimed Em wasn't even gonna do 350k...

What does it matter?

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Wow the Eminem %@$% slurping in this thread is heavy. Ya'll need to get a grandma smack upside your heads you have no idea what good music is, #%@* is disgusting.

Coming from the guy who claimed Em wasn't even gonna do 350k...

if u gnna say its cause hes white that he sells.....at least say he is a good MC also..
indifferent.gif

fools acting like his skills have nothing to do with his sales....people always hating on somebody

Eminem
pimp.gif

Drake
pimp.gif

if u gnna say its cause hes white that he sells.....at least say he is a good MC also..
indifferent.gif

fools acting like his skills have nothing to do with his sales....people always hating on somebody

Eminem
pimp.gif

Drake
pimp.gif

What does it matter?

Actually it does champ, every "black person" aint a brotha.  I won't even get into the demographics of the matter at hand, but those that know.....know, and those that don't know ask the question "what does it matter".

What does it matter?

Actually it does champ, every "black person" aint a brotha.  I won't even get into the demographics of the matter at hand, but those that know.....know, and those that don't know ask the question "what does it matter".

What does it matter?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

What does it matter?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom