Cd sales 6-29-10 Vol. Em 753k

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Wow the Eminem %@$% slurping in this thread is heavy. Ya'll need to get a grandma smack upside your heads you have no idea what good music is, #%@* is disgusting.

You alright man? You sound upset

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Wow the Eminem %@$% slurping in this thread is heavy. Ya'll need to get a grandma smack upside your heads you have no idea what good music is, #%@* is disgusting.

You alright man? You sound upset

Now all these cats is goin act naive...

So according to that logic, "Ice Ice Baby" was the FIRST #1 Rap record because it was flat out better than EVERYthing before it right??...

Now all these cats is goin act naive...

So according to that logic, "Ice Ice Baby" was the FIRST #1 Rap record because it was flat out better than EVERYthing before it right??...

The two things that help Eminem are he's white and he's a good rapper.

Think of it like this if their was only one good black artist in rap and a bunch white artists the black artist would get lots of sales just because he's black and all black people who like rap would buy his album to support the one person that is like them that's in the industry.

I'll say this for the record Eminem is a good rapper. But if there were thousands of other white rappers just like him his sales wouldn't be so great.

The two things that help Eminem are he's white and he's a good rapper.

Think of it like this if their was only one good black artist in rap and a bunch white artists the black artist would get lots of sales just because he's black and all black people who like rap would buy his album to support the one person that is like them that's in the industry.

I'll say this for the record Eminem is a good rapper. But if there were thousands of other white rappers just like him his sales wouldn't be so great.

Like i said on the drake thread that got shut i dont know why people/and fans of drake have this idea of that he could outsell em or jay if they dropped around the same week,like ive said before its just not reality to think that way,just look at the numbers em and jay in the past have done and what they could possibly do if they drop an album,drake is talented even though i think hes over hyped off of just his image alone,bottom line is that drake cant spit like em its just a fact and i think the hype clouded alot of drake fans cause it was alot of hype and heavy promoting by his label from feats and tv docs plus adding on all of his radio hits personally i think the label dropped the ball with drake by waiting to long to put his album out,if he wouldve dropped his album a little earlier with the same promoting and hype then he wouldve sold more than now considering he dropped around the same week as em then he couldve built up a larger fan base cause more people wouldve been more open to buying his album as opposed to competing with em for your first album and then later on we couldve argued if he could sell more than em cause he has a fan base to do so,it was a total wrong move to drop around em in my opinion cause drake couldve gotten around a extra 100,000-300,000 sales from that em,s album sales didnt start taking off until his second album and em wasnt competing with any other big artist other than jay and dmx,if pac and biggie was still alive around that time then em wouldnt be as big as he was,he would be big but not as big as he is,same for jay but thats another story.

Like i said on the drake thread that got shut i dont know why people/and fans of drake have this idea of that he could outsell em or jay if they dropped around the same week,like ive said before its just not reality to think that way,just look at the numbers em and jay in the past have done and what they could possibly do if they drop an album,drake is talented even though i think hes over hyped off of just his image alone,bottom line is that drake cant spit like em its just a fact and i think the hype clouded alot of drake fans cause it was alot of hype and heavy promoting by his label from feats and tv docs plus adding on all of his radio hits personally i think the label dropped the ball with drake by waiting to long to put his album out,if he wouldve dropped his album a little earlier with the same promoting and hype then he wouldve sold more than now considering he dropped around the same week as em then he couldve built up a larger fan base cause more people wouldve been more open to buying his album as opposed to competing with em for your first album and then later on we couldve argued if he could sell more than em cause he has a fan base to do so,it was a total wrong move to drop around em in my opinion cause drake couldve gotten around a extra 100,000-300,000 sales from that em,s album sales didnt start taking off until his second album and em wasnt competing with any other big artist other than jay and dmx,if pac and biggie was still alive around that time then em wouldnt be as big as he was,he would be big but not as big as he is,same for jay but thats another story.

ignorance runs rampant in this thread.

I guarantee you aside from the 900k cash money bought of Carter 3, the rest of the albums were bought from WHITE KIDS. WHITE demographic always account for the majority of SALES for ANY ARTIST!

Drake is half white so by your logics he only really sold 400k first week because he half white?

I live in L.A. and the majority of people picking up recovery were black and latino...Em hasn't gotten respect because he's white...ITS BECAUSE HES TALENTED!

I guarantee you aside from the 900k cash money bought of Carter 3, the rest of the albums were bought from WHITE KIDS. WHITE demographic always account for the majority of SALES for ANY ARTIST!

Drake is half white so by your logics he only really sold 400k first week because he half white?

I live in L.A. and the majority of people picking up recovery were black and latino...Em hasn't gotten respect because he's white...ITS BECAUSE HES TALENTED!

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Yall saying Drake gon outsell Em? this dude just did 750k+ with NO promotion. What singles do he really need to stay afloat? None.

Its Drake yall need to check for if he gon be able to keep up.

This is Em we talking bout. Em...and i dont like the album either btw.
What's with this NO Promotion talk? I don't watch much TV but I saw more commercials for Recovery than any other album this year. I didn't even see any for Thank Me Later. Not to say there weren't any but I don't get this talk of no promotion.

And I don't know how many albums Em will sell. He may sell more. My observation after listening to both albums is that Drake his more potential to gain a wider fanbase with more singles. I sort of feel Em just has a solid fanbase. No matter what single he drops he's not gonna gain any more fans at this point in his career. But Drake's album could fizzle. Very possible. You can't really accurately predict album sales nowadays. But I do know their sales will be a lot closer than some think.

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by The Kid Nimley

Its ONE week out the year...

You guys NEED to cut it out...

Look @ the sales trend of Relapse...

Recovery is gonna follow that SAME trend...

As I said before, TML is gonna outsell this garbage...
ummm...nah....only way that would happen is if eminem does a complete 180 and turns into a hermit after this single and let drake drop a million singles.
Dude is right though. Its not about 1st week sales. Drake's album has the potential to stay on the charts for awhile. I don't hear that single that's going to keep Em's album on the charts but he may not need one. I underrated his popularity. I didn't think he could still snag 700k his first week.
Naw, there are more singles on Recovery I think.

He just put out the song with Pink right? With a video on the way?

Then he'll probably drop that song with Rihanna; another chart topper, followed by a video.

With those two songs/videos dominating the radio/music countdowns, he'll probably have very little work to do outside of that for a solid 3-4 months.

Then, around October, November, when people have grown indifferent to the Rihanna song, he'll probably drop the song with Wayne, who'll be out not too long after that; just in time to work on a video for it.

Eminem's year is set.
None of those songs are gonna push the album anymore than what it is. What Rihanna's fanbase and Wayne's fanbase gonna start buying his album just because they're featured on it? Not buying it. He'll sell but he'll do it because he's EM and his fanbase is established.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Yall saying Drake gon outsell Em? this dude just did 750k+ with NO promotion. What singles do he really need to stay afloat? None.

Its Drake yall need to check for if he gon be able to keep up.

This is Em we talking bout. Em...and i dont like the album either btw.
What's with this NO Promotion talk? I don't watch much TV but I saw more commercials for Recovery than any other album this year. I didn't even see any for Thank Me Later. Not to say there weren't any but I don't get this talk of no promotion.

And I don't know how many albums Em will sell. He may sell more. My observation after listening to both albums is that Drake his more potential to gain a wider fanbase with more singles. I sort of feel Em just has a solid fanbase. No matter what single he drops he's not gonna gain any more fans at this point in his career. But Drake's album could fizzle. Very possible. You can't really accurately predict album sales nowadays. But I do know their sales will be a lot closer than some think.

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by The Kid Nimley

Its ONE week out the year...

You guys NEED to cut it out...

Look @ the sales trend of Relapse...

Recovery is gonna follow that SAME trend...

As I said before, TML is gonna outsell this garbage...
ummm...nah....only way that would happen is if eminem does a complete 180 and turns into a hermit after this single and let drake drop a million singles.
Dude is right though. Its not about 1st week sales. Drake's album has the potential to stay on the charts for awhile. I don't hear that single that's going to keep Em's album on the charts but he may not need one. I underrated his popularity. I didn't think he could still snag 700k his first week.
Naw, there are more singles on Recovery I think.

He just put out the song with Pink right? With a video on the way?

Then he'll probably drop that song with Rihanna; another chart topper, followed by a video.

With those two songs/videos dominating the radio/music countdowns, he'll probably have very little work to do outside of that for a solid 3-4 months.

Then, around October, November, when people have grown indifferent to the Rihanna song, he'll probably drop the song with Wayne, who'll be out not too long after that; just in time to work on a video for it.

Eminem's year is set.
None of those songs are gonna push the album anymore than what it is. What Rihanna's fanbase and Wayne's fanbase gonna start buying his album just because they're featured on it? Not buying it. He'll sell but he'll do it because he's EM and his fanbase is established.

Half of Drizzy's album is on the Billboard Hot #100. Has that EVER happened before?!
indifferent.gif

I am still baffled at Eminem's first week numbers because of LITTLE - NO PROMOTION!
indifferent.gif

I still don't get it....

I don't think many black people actually go out & purchase an Eminem album though.. Not so much because he is white, but the content & subject matter of most of his tracks...

But yeah, I need someone to hook me up with "Recovery" so I can put it on my iTunes...

Half of Drizzy's album is on the Billboard Hot #100. Has that EVER happened before?!
indifferent.gif

I am still baffled at Eminem's first week numbers because of LITTLE - NO PROMOTION!
indifferent.gif

I still don't get it....

I don't think many black people actually go out & purchase an Eminem album though.. Not so much because he is white, but the content & subject matter of most of his tracks...

But yeah, I need someone to hook me up with "Recovery" so I can put it on my iTunes...

Yea i dont get yall sayin em had no promo. Dude has commercials on TV and
online and a single out...interviews and performances.

This argument is really dumb but dude did have promo

Yea i dont get yall sayin em had no promo. Dude has commercials on TV and
online and a single out...interviews and performances.

This argument is really dumb but dude did have promo

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by cartune

For real though?

People discredit album sales because of the race of people buying them?
Is not discrediting its the truth and even Eminem admitted it.

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

white people who know nothing about hiphop are the only people who buy his cds
its not fair comparing him to other rappers

So I guess he's not even in the same league as black rappers huh. Maybe we should be comparing him to Taylor Swift or Justin Beiber.

Look. An album sold, is an album sold. The guy makes rap music, and he's good at it. That's undeniable.

Whether you like it or not is a different story, but bottom line is dude is selling.
ur acting like his cd is being sold based upon the quality of the music which it isnt

Originally Posted by cartune

For real though?

People discredit album sales because of the race of people buying them?
Is not discrediting its the truth and even Eminem admitted it.

So I guess he's not even in the same league as black rappers huh. Maybe we should be comparing him to Taylor Swift or Justin Beiber.

Look. An album sold, is an album sold. The guy makes rap music, and he's good at it. That's undeniable.

Whether you like it or not is a different story, but bottom line is dude is selling.
ur acting like his cd is being sold based upon the quality of the music which it isnt

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

Exactly, dude's stay TRYING to find a way to discredit Em. Does he sell more because he's white? Sure, no doubt.

But regardless he sells, AND he's a great MC.
i think my statement is true 
if he wasnt white he wouldnt even go wood

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

Exactly, dude's stay TRYING to find a way to discredit Em. Does he sell more because he's white? Sure, no doubt.

But regardless he sells, AND he's a great MC.
i think my statement is true 
if he wasnt white he wouldnt even go wood

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

white kids do by the most cds cuz they r the majority of the population
that is my point a lot of whites kid can identify with a white rapper because he is white
if the majority of rappers were white and there was only one black rapper i would definitely support him a lot more

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

white kids do by the most cds cuz they r the majority of the population
that is my point a lot of whites kid can identify with a white rapper because he is white
if the majority of rappers were white and there was only one black rapper i would definitely support him a lot more

Back
Top Bottom