Cd sales 6-29-10 Vol. Em 753k

Originally Posted by Deuce King

... Again, EM has a huge black and latino fan base and yes they bought the album.

Are we talking about black dudes from black neighborhoods or are we talking about black dudes from the burbs??  Big difference.
the man you have in your avatar is a fan of EM...does he fall in the "real" black category
grin.gif

... Again, EM has a huge black and latino fan base and yes they bought the album.

Are we talking about black dudes from black neighborhoods or are we talking about black dudes from the burbs??  Big difference.
the man you have in your avatar is a fan of EM...does he fall in the "real" black category
grin.gif

havent even listened to the em album to be honest, but as soon as Eminem's guest feature on Entourage comes out, you can add another 100,000 plus to his total. From the article "According to the report, the scene between Vince and Eminem will happen at a platinum record party for the rapper's new album. Eminem released his new album, 'Recovery,"

they are already anticipating him going platinum and as soon as people see that episode they will eat it up. Entourage does have a strong fanbase, and this will be extra promotion for Em.

havent even listened to the em album to be honest, but as soon as Eminem's guest feature on Entourage comes out, you can add another 100,000 plus to his total. From the article "According to the report, the scene between Vince and Eminem will happen at a platinum record party for the rapper's new album. Eminem released his new album, 'Recovery,"

they are already anticipating him going platinum and as soon as people see that episode they will eat it up. Entourage does have a strong fanbase, and this will be extra promotion for Em.

You seriously think Drake appeals to blacks and that 95% of his sales weren't to white people? Gimme a break. This guy is Justin Bieber with a tan. They both make bubblegum pop songs for the ladies. Don't claim Em's sales are because of so many white fans, when Drake's album sales were because of white fans, too. Just because Drake can drop the N-word doesn't mean he's pushing records to the black population. The only people I know that bought his album are young white girls. Ya'll really think you're gona see someone roll through the hood blasting "I better find your loving. I beeeettter find your heeeeeeart."  That song is cranked in every Pontiac Sunfire in America by teenage girls on their way to AT&T to upgrade their texting plan.

You seriously think Drake appeals to blacks and that 95% of his sales weren't to white people? Gimme a break. This guy is Justin Bieber with a tan. They both make bubblegum pop songs for the ladies. Don't claim Em's sales are because of so many white fans, when Drake's album sales were because of white fans, too. Just because Drake can drop the N-word doesn't mean he's pushing records to the black population. The only people I know that bought his album are young white girls. Ya'll really think you're gona see someone roll through the hood blasting "I better find your loving. I beeeettter find your heeeeeeart."  That song is cranked in every Pontiac Sunfire in America by teenage girls on their way to AT&T to upgrade their texting plan.

Some of you dudes really feel some kind of way against Em. It's sickening. You act like he smashed your girl or something.

He made a song just for you dudes on Recovery too

Some of you dudes really feel some kind of way against Em. It's sickening. You act like he smashed your girl or something.

He made a song just for you dudes on Recovery too

Originally Posted by Nek32

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nek32

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Once again you cats are gonna be naive about this $++%...

EVERYone already knows that about 60%+ of ALL hip hop is purchased by whites, from NaS to Soulja Boy... dead prez to Drake... What we're sayin is in Eminem's case its a lil different, his #s more than prove that, even when he was selling outrageous amounts I don't really think he was making BETTER music than the majority of the artists he was out sellin by a lot ... If it was all about music NaS & Steadman would be doin those type of #s cause they have consistantly for the past 15 years made BETTER Music than not only Em but about 90% of all rappers during the time...

Eminem makes the WORST singles... And they're aimed @ a certain group of people... I'll tell you now, it aint the cats in MY hood... I know he recruited the hot @ the moment producer Boi-1-da for his new single and is tryin to appeal more to the urban crowd, but its NOT connectin... Em sold a $++% load of albums, as he always does, and history will show that the quality of his music doesn't really hold a bearing on his #s... They'll ALWAYS be outrageously high... But if YOU think the reason for that is because Eminem is just head and shoulders above everyone else you are VERY naive...

I don't understand how cats are a part of the hip hop community per-se (or listen to the music), but when it comes to somethin like race relations, or even understandin OUR perspective cats act like we're on some reverse racism type $++%...
smh.gif

In a way it reminds me of the thread we had on Plies joint "100 Years", as much of the SAME Music we listen to, and other $++% we may share in common, the fact remains we live under VERY different circumstances, and our mindstates reflect that...

EVERYone already knows that about 60%+ of ALL hip hop is purchased by whites, from NaS to Soulja Boy... dead prez to Drake... What we're sayin is in Eminem's case its a lil different, his #s more than prove that, even when he was selling outrageous amounts I don't really think he was making BETTER music than the majority of the artists he was out sellin by a lot ... If it was all about music NaS & Steadman would be doin those type of #s cause they have consistantly for the past 15 years made BETTER Music than not only Em but about 90% of all rappers during the time...

Eminem makes the WORST singles... And they're aimed @ a certain group of people... I'll tell you now, it aint the cats in MY hood... I know he recruited the hot @ the moment producer Boi-1-da for his new single and is tryin to appeal more to the urban crowd, but its NOT connectin... Em sold a $++% load of albums, as he always does, and history will show that the quality of his music doesn't really hold a bearing on his #s... They'll ALWAYS be outrageously high... But if YOU think the reason for that is because Eminem is just head and shoulders above everyone else you are VERY naive...

I don't understand how cats are a part of the hip hop community per-se (or listen to the music), but when it comes to somethin like race relations, or even understandin OUR perspective cats act like we're on some reverse racism type $++%...
smh.gif

In a way it reminds me of the thread we had on Plies joint "100 Years", as much of the SAME Music we listen to, and other $++% we may share in common, the fact remains we live under VERY different circumstances, and our mindstates reflect that...

Originally Posted by The Kid Nimley

smh.gif

you just gay for drake.

smh.gif

you just gay for drake.

why can't ppl just admit this album was dope?

it leaked 2 weeks early, and sales picked up steam MID-WEEK of the release week. that RARELY happens. what that means is it got GREAT word of mouth. it's like a movie.

this album is gonna have a pretty long shelf-life. billboard already predicts it'll be #1 for the next 2 weeks at least.

and 2 versions of recovery are still going strong #1 on itunes (plus #1 on amazon). drake's falling off.

and the no love vid will be coming out soon. and look like rihanna song is the 3rd single.

and get this, love the way you lie is NOT a single, yet it got 338k downloads last week, top 5 of all time.

if this album was mediocre, it wouldn't have outsell relapse (which may cause him to lose some fans b/c of tat accent). but this album is gonna get a lot back.

watch for this to sell 3-5 mil.

it leaked 2 weeks early, and sales picked up steam MID-WEEK of the release week. that RARELY happens. what that means is it got GREAT word of mouth. it's like a movie.

this album is gonna have a pretty long shelf-life. billboard already predicts it'll be #1 for the next 2 weeks at least.

and 2 versions of recovery are still going strong #1 on itunes (plus #1 on amazon). drake's falling off.

and the no love vid will be coming out soon. and look like rihanna song is the 3rd single.

and get this, love the way you lie is NOT a single, yet it got 338k downloads last week, top 5 of all time.

if this album was mediocre, it wouldn't have outsell relapse (which may cause him to lose some fans b/c of tat accent). but this album is gonna get a lot back.

watch for this to sell 3-5 mil.

. If it was all about music NaS & Steadman would be doin those type of #s cause they have consistantly for the past 15 years made BETTER Music than not only Em but about 90% of all rappers during the time...

And Jay hasnt been putting up these numbers for the last 10 years? Sit down Nay. You're starting to sound foolish

. If it was all about music NaS & Steadman would be doin those type of #s cause they have consistantly for the past 15 years made BETTER Music than not only Em but about 90% of all rappers during the time...

And Jay hasnt been putting up these numbers for the last 10 years? Sit down Nay. You're starting to sound foolish

What does it matter?

A black person is a black person...
Actually it does champ, every "black person" aint a brotha.  I won't even get into the demographics of the matter at hand, but those that know.....know, and those that don't know ask the question "what does it matter".

No champ, it really doesn't matter.

Honestly, some of you dudes sound really angry right now.

I understand some of you wanted Drake to outsell Em first week, but it wasn't even close.

"Well, the hood doesn't listen to Em so..."

"Well, "brothas" don't listen to Em so..."

Just shut up already.

How the hell do you know who's listening to what?

You guys keeps tabs on everybody who walks the face of this planet?

What does it matter?

A black person is a black person...
Actually it does champ, every "black person" aint a brotha.  I won't even get into the demographics of the matter at hand, but those that know.....know, and those that don't know ask the question "what does it matter".

No champ, it really doesn't matter.

Honestly, some of you dudes sound really angry right now.

I understand some of you wanted Drake to outsell Em first week, but it wasn't even close.

"Well, the hood doesn't listen to Em so..."

"Well, "brothas" don't listen to Em so..."

Just shut up already.

How the hell do you know who's listening to what?

You guys keeps tabs on everybody who walks the face of this planet?

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Last Steadman album to go OVER 2 was TBA... 7 years ago

If you compare QUALITY of music of Steadman's albums in comparison to Em its NOT even close, he has consistantly been making BETTER music, but not sellin @ the same pace...

Steadman's BIGGEST 1st week to this day was KC... That was like 6 somethin...

you just gay for drake.
Cause I said his album was better than Em's
laugh.gif
Cause it ISN'T
So album sales detrermine how good an album is?? Or that ONLY the case for Eminem cause it'll more than likely ALWAYS work in his benefit... For obvious reasons
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom