Chad Ford: Bucks Jefferson to Spurs 4 Bowen, Oberto, & Thomas ; becomes official later today

Thats a good move for the Spurs. Jefferson will give them a shot in the arm if the injuries keep up, especially with Manu.

This is what championship organizations do!

MORE TRADES NBA MORE TRADES!

I edited the title to better reflect the content of the thread. Feel free to change it again, but make sure you include every detail you can. Thanks.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I don't know how RJ would gel with Manu and TP.
How so?

I view Jefferson as insurance for Manu when Manu's injured and as a finisher for Parker when they're on the break.

I wonder how many, if any, of the players the Spurs are sending out will wind up back on the team?

That's a good deal. RJ in silver and blk
pimp.gif
. I'm glad he's with a winner again.

The Spurs haven't had player of RJ's pedigree, since Stephen Jackson. I expect buyouts for Kurt Thomas and Bruce Bowen. Fabby Oberto is trash.

lets not try to have a new thread for every deal in the next few days.... go to the offseason/draft threads.... because i hope for a lot more!!
laugh.gif

if they can get one solid bench player, i think this puts them at number 2 in the west

The Spurs haven't had player of RJ's pedigree, since Stephen Jackson
what?

laugh.gif
Time flies. I can still remember the year RJ was drafted, and when dude had hair on his head.

The Spurs SF pool is not bad. RJ, and a healthy Ime Udoka. I know Drew Gooden is a FA, but they should try to retain him.

I expect Michael Finley to be the next one sent packing. He's ancient.

C- Gooden
F- Duncan
F- R. Jefferson
G- ???
G- T. Parker

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

lets not try to have a new thread for every deal in the next few days.... go to the offseason/draft threads.... because i hope for a lot more!!
laugh.gif
This topic has its own thread because:
Deal is agreed to in principle with a trade call coming later today
The off-season and draft threads deal in speculation, not facts.

On top of that, this trade deals with a playoff team (above .500; Eastern Conference need not apply) improving itself. I'm not sure that we'll seefour trades like this so it won't clutter the board.

/\ Jefferson doesn't make them better than LA...assuming LA returns both Odom and Ariza

Great deal for the Spurs.

Amazing that we did a salary dump last draft with RJ for Simmons and YI and now the Bucks do it.

Guess Ime Udoka knows what the Spurs are doing about his free agency. lol.

Happy that RJ will have another shot at a ring.

Thomas and Bowen will be back after they are cut, do not know about Oberto though.

I still think Finley is a decent starter/quality sixth man.

He's past his prime, but he can play some defense still and score 10-12 PPG.

The other guard is Mason if Finley is gone.

So, the Spurs depth chart after this trade is:

G Parker / Hill
G Mason
C
F Duncan / Bonner
F Jefferson / Ginobili

They may start Bonner again at Center if they can get Kurt Thomas back (I really do think the Bucks will cut him especially with the Bigs they have already)

Imagine also if the Spurs add Caprissi in the draft.

Caprissi/Thomas
Duncan/Bonner
Jefferson/Bowen
Mason/Ginobli
Parker/Hill

Caprissi can start at the 5 with Duncan out on the floor just like they did Bonner. Plus Caprissi is a pretty tough kid even though he is a tweener at the 3/4(of course my lineup works if the bucks cut those players)

Back
Top Bottom