Chad Ford: Bucks Jefferson to Spurs 4 Bowen, Oberto, & Thomas ; becomes official later today

they lose the great D of Bowen but get a nice option in Jefferson. I hate the Spurs...i still think they are a bottom of the tier team in the West playoff race

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

They may start Bonner again at Center if they can get Kurt Thomas back (I really do think the Bucks will cut him especially with the Bigs they have already)

Imagine also if the Spurs add Caprissi in the draft.

Caprissi/Thomas
Duncan/Bonner
Jefferson/Bowen
Mason/Ginobli
Parker/Hill

Caprissi can start at the 5 with Duncan out on the floor just like they did Bonner. Plus Caprissi is a pretty tough kid even though he is a tweener at the 3/4
Casspi is not a center by any stretch. He's a SF/PF

Yeah but with Duncan on the floor they may.

He had Bonner at the 5 alot also and he is definitely not a center either.

Just saying really. not saying they should do this. lol.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Nice deal, but it's still not enough for them to get past the Lakers. I still also like the Nuggets over the Spurs.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Yeah but with Duncan on the floor they may.

He had Bonner at the 5 alot also and he is definitely not a center either.

Just saying really. not saying they should do this. lol.
Good point

I really like Casspi

SA you bastards
grin.gif
tired.gif

Good move for the Spurs. Always had much respect for that team. Our one and only true rival in this decade. Looks like my boy VC is stuck in NJ now
frown.gif

VC will be gone once Ratner's love for him as player and person turns into hate due to the money he is costing him by being on the Nets.

The Spurs were never going to get a deal done with the Nets since Salaries did not match, Roster Spots not being available and the Spurs not wanting to give upGeorge Hill.

The Spurs made out better with the same "Junk" that the Nets asked about without giving up Hill.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

The other guard is Mason if Finley is gone.

So, the Spurs depth chart after this trade is:

G Parker / Hill
G Mason
C
F Duncan / Bonner
F Jefferson / Ginobili
Is there any chance the Spurs bring Tiago Splitter over to fill that void at the 5?

good trade but i still think after the draft the Nuggets will have the better roster... lets wait n see how timmys knees hold up

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

The other guard is Mason if Finley is gone.

So, the Spurs depth chart after this trade is:

G Parker / Hill
G Mason
C
F Duncan / Bonner
F Jefferson / Ginobili
Is there any chance the Spurs bring Tiago Splitter over to fill that void at the 5?

the last few years they ask him to come over he said no

Richard Allen Jefferson.

Most notably famous for the worst ink job in the history of civilization.

nvz6lh.jpg

Originally Posted by StephonUrkel

good trade but i still think after the draft the Nuggets will have the better roster... lets wait n see how timmys knees hold up
You are tripping. The Nuggets self destruct.

This has to be one of the craziest deals I have seen. Parker, Duncan, Ginobli, Jefferson
eek.gif

Splitter I think will not be coming to league barring a miracle or a change of heart.

The Spurs also have three players overseas other than splitter and have a 6'10 French player who played with the team this year.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

it's unfair being a fan of the bottom dwelling teams in the west. the elite teams always remain elite. it's dumb.
At least your last playoff appearance was 2007...we haven't been in the playoffs since 2003
frown.gif

Good trade for the Spurs. They pick up an athletic wing in Jefferson which will help out Parker and Duncan immensely. Those expiring contracts are a smallprice to pay for him and the run the Spurs could now potentially make.

I know a girl who went to U of A who said she lived with one of the girl track members. They lived across the hall from another track girl. Apparently,Jefferson was smashing both, unknown to each of the girls....LOL

Great deal for both teams. Free's up salary for Bucks, while RJ gives Spurs more depth (esp with their injury proneness) and some scoring to alleviateTP/Timmy/Manu.

Pretty good move on SA part. If they aren't winning with the current roster they might as well trade.

At least your last playoff appearance was 2007...we haven't been in the playoffs since 2003
frown.gif

eek.gif

It has been that long.

I still remember the TWolve playoff runs earlier this decade.

Back
Top Bottom