Chad Ford: Bucks Jefferson to Spurs 4 Bowen, Oberto, & Thomas ; becomes official later today

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by StephonUrkel

good trade but i still think after the draft the Nuggets will have the better roster... lets wait n see how timmys knees hold up
You are tripping. The Nuggets self destruct.

This has to be one of the craziest deals I have seen. Parker, Duncan, Ginobli, Jefferson
eek.gif
precisely why i said roster...

aint no way to determine this teams psyche
laugh.gif
but sir charles said itbest... n a 7 game series the better team down the line will win 90% of the time

I think though that this a first in a long time that the Spurs went out and got someone outside of there circle that was not drafted, Cheap veteran pickup, orsigned late in the season.

Yes I agree that Bottom dwelling teams out west do not have a fair advantage over the elite teams but the Spurs are not one of those teams that do such deals.

They stay in house and try to find players like Jacque Vaughn, Matt Bonner, Kurt Thomas, Michael Finley (In his current stage of his career, he fits this mold)that will fit Pop's system.

Roger Mason was a 12th man on every other team he played for until he came to the Spurs, same for Bonner.

Spurs are not one of those teams that do this often on loading great players on to the team with their additional superstars.

Good move for the Spurs. They get another wing player that's athletic and that can finish on the break.

I guess the Bucks want to clear that salary cap and make room for Joe Alexander.

Nice move for both teams, nobody is really mentioning the salary cap relief Milwaukee is getting here. Not only is RJ off the payroll, but at least one ofthose other former-Spurs is going to get cut, and I'm not 100% sure of the exact amount, but I don't think they're obligated to pay the full seasonsalary if the player is cut. Regardless, SA looks pretty decent on paper, once again, and MIL gets some cap relief from a team that was going absolutelynowhere.

laugh.gif
Between the two teams there's like 3 total Spurs and Bucks fans on here, their thoughts?

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I guess the Bucks want to clear that salary cap and make room for Joe Alexander.
Speaking of Joe Alexander....can someone explain this photo?

joe_alexander_media.jpg

roll.gif
@ that JR Smith pic. Dude is a clown. He'd send Pop to the grave if he were on the Spurs' roster.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Speaking of Joe Alexander....can someone explain this photo?

joe_alexander_media.jpg
He was born in China correct? I believe he speaks fluent Mandarin

Unbelievable move.

I guess I have to face it: The Spurs won't go away until Duncan retires.

Somehow they turn crap into gold and then have the crap come back to them as insurance!

I mean, what is so great about playing in San Antonio? No offense to any residents there but that city is small-time and will always be small-time.

The organization is that great? Seriously?

Who thinks Bowen and Thomas end up back on the Spurs in a few weeks?

Anyway, contrary to POPULAR (read: hyped) opinion, I still don't think this trade guarantees a thing for the Spurs.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I don't know how RJ would gel with Manu and TP.

Why not? Manu still aint gonna start so its not gonna be a problem. I seriously cant remember the Spurs EVER having an athletic wing player that could actually play
laugh.gif
derek anderson? they were doing good with him until he got hurt by juwan howard.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Nice move for both teams, nobody is really mentioning the salary cap relief Milwaukee is getting here. Not only is RJ off the payroll, but at least one of those other former-Spurs is going to get cut, and I'm not 100% sure of the exact amount, but I don't think they're obligated to pay the full season salary if the player is cut. Regardless, SA looks pretty decent on paper, once again, and MIL gets some cap relief from a team that was going absolutely nowhere.

laugh.gif
Between the two teams there's like 3 total Spurs and Bucks fans on here, their thoughts?
Not sure how the rules concerning trades work, but I'd start by cutting or buying out all 3 of the useless guys we just got. With the clearedcap space now we can either sign Sessions or Charlie V long term. Either that, or GM John Hammond has more moves up his sleeve. Problem here is it will takeyears to unf#ck all of the salary cap damage former GM Larry Harris caused with his stupid, expensive long term deals. Anyone want to trade for Dan Gadzuric?

Good trade for the Spurs. It seems like they'll be getting some of those veterans back anyways.

Bucks clearing cap space...LeBron to Milwaukee in 2010
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by marburypointgod

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I don't know how RJ would gel with Manu and TP.

Why not? Manu still aint gonna start so its not gonna be a problem. I seriously cant remember the Spurs EVER having an athletic wing player that could actually play
laugh.gif
derek anderson? they were doing good with him until he got hurt by juwan howard.

I totally forgot about DA. He had a nice little run with the spurs

Great trade for SA, glad RJ will be on a competitive team again.

For those questioning if RJ could gel with Manu & TP, I think it'll work out fine. RJ minus this year, has always been on a team with scorers. Whetherit was VC, Kenyon, Devin, etc... there has always been offensive players around him who he has had no problem gelling with. He has always been team first.& for someone who cares about winning as much as he does, this is the perfect situation for him.

I swear I read the espn headline and I thought Al Jefferson got traded to the Spurs.

I was like damn,
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Good trade for the Spurs. It seems like they'll be getting some of those veterans back anyways.

Bucks clearing cap space...LeBron to Milwaukee in 2010
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
I wish.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

^players want to win. why not play for one of the best franchises of this past decade?

Because most players aren't ring chasers. They want to accomplish it by really contributing, not having 3 players carry the load and get them a ring.

And let's not forget that Popovich is a douche with a capital D-O-U-C-H-E.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I think this team plays cheap and whines constantly. If that's how people want their team to win, theyare entitled to it.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

^players want to win. why not play for one of the best franchises of this past decade?

Because most players aren't ring chasers. They want to accomplish it by really contributing, not having 3 players carry the load and get them a ring.

And let's not forget that Popovich is a douche with a capital D-O-U-C-H-E.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I think this team plays cheap and whines constantly. If that's how people want their team to win, they are entitled to it.

indifferent.gif
does anyone agree with this guy?

Good point about RJ meshing in with scorers. Replacing aging Finley with RJ is a good move. And Ginobli insurance. If Gooden can find his game again andthat's a solid bench

Wow. This is grand larceny for the Spurs. They give up trash and got a baller in return. I'm thinking Pop will consider trades for Manu now, possibly tothe Clippers for Camby or Kamen.

Back
Top Bottom