Chad Ford: Bucks Jefferson to Spurs 4 Bowen, Oberto, & Thomas ; becomes official later today

I read that the Spurs are going to go after this man...

marcin-gortat.jpg

I can see it happening, and that would be better money spent than re-signing old a@# Thomas and Bowen

Whichever team gives Gortat a huge contract this off-season...
roll.gif

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I don't think they'll give him a huge contract...this is SA we're talking about
They've made their share of mistakes in the past (Malik Rose and Rasho Nesterovic).

Good move for the Spurs. Jefferson should mesh well into their system since he is a good jump-shooter.

About damn time.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I see good things in the future. No more playoff losses to the Mavs hopefully.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Milwaukee moved jefferson so they can have resign charlie villanueva and lamond sessions. I guess a good deal on both sides

Originally Posted by tupac003

Whoever the Spurs GM is, he needs a medal.

What a great deal. They get RJ for nothing because the 2 players they really want (Bowen/Thomas) will be right back with them.

I kinda don't like the rule but until the NBA does something about it I can't complain. Spurs are one of the best run teams of this decade.

I won't say anything until I see this team play but on paper they could be the second best team in the west. If the we don't get back Lamar and Ariza they could be the best team in the west.

Let's see what happens. Good move Spurs.
Thank God there's a reasonable reply from a Lakers fan. Lakers better resign Lamar because he's the player that gives the Spurs the mosttrouble. Also, the Spurs upgraded their team without trading any of their Big 3. Injuries has crippled this team the past couple seasons so health willalways be a concern, but on paper, they're still up there to complete for another championship.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Bowen and Oberto have non fully guaranteed contracts...they will be back in San Antonio in a few weeks.
Yep It's almost too predictable
I hate when teams do this..
laugh.gif
at least none of the players are coming out and saying that they'll be back in a month.....

At least they doing it the right way. McDyess tried this concept when he got traded to Denver and picked the wrong team who got knocked out the 1st round of the playoffs.
laugh.gif

Yea I know he left because of some old stuff that happened in Denver, but its still funny.
He was talking about Jerry Stackhouse saying how he's coming back to Dallas prior to even being trade, damn ******...
smh.gif

He fell off AS SOON as he said that.

Idiot..
smh.gif
(Not any of you, Stackhouse,
laugh.gif
smh.gif
).
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Exactly.

With regards to the loophole...... it is what it is. We're in a recession, teams are hurting; and if your willing to pay you can get some rip off trades.In this case the Bucks are hurting, the Spurs are looking to get things together for one more push. Yall are acting like teams care if they help another teamor not (well in some cases its true, but this one not so much). Bucks saved themselves a boatload of money which keeps the ownership happy and prevents anyunsettling from happening (besides the fans
laugh.gif
)

So people familiar with Detroit...does Amir Johnson bring anything to the table?

Originally Posted by mjd77

So people familiar with Detroit...does Amir Johnson bring anything to the table?

Potential basically. Milwaukee isn't a good fit for him.

side note...the Sixers have unveiled their new "old" logo to be used permanantly with new unis coming later this summer.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

laugh.gif

we get it, you don't like the spurs. don't start talking out of your +!%.

Nope, I made valid points as a fan, you have no problem overlooking unethical conduct and therefore childishly attempt to pass off your opinion as something people should care about.

how is calling pop a douche a valid point? i don't think it's unethical conduct at all, especially if it's legal within the nba rulebook. and for the record, i wasn't trying to pass off my opinion as anything. you're the one unleashing your extreme disliking towards the spurs, not me buddy
laugh.gif

keep it up though, real cute.

Keep that limp-wristed language to yourself. "Cute"
sick.gif

I see that reading comprehension is not a skill you possess so I'll help you out with a quick break-down.

When a person writes groups of words ("sentences") and then groups those word groups together ("paragraphs"), information is communicated.

Now, when another person reads that information, it is necessary for that person to employ what is known as "critical thinking", otherwise known as"reading comprehension."

Caught up yet? I'll wait...

Caught up? Good. Now, take the post I wrote to which you replied. When reading that post, or anything else like a book or a magazine, it is up to you - thereader - to use your brain to discern what are talking points and what is writer opinion.

My view that Popovich, and the Spurs org. at large, is a douche is my opinion, and nowhere in my post did I express that opinion as a "point" uponwhich to present an argument.

Ok?

And JapanAir, fall back. You post way too much and say little-to-nothing each time.

Back to the topic at hand, the Spurs will have to prove themselves. It's fun to dissect these trades but nobody knows whether or not they'll workuntil the season is underway.

Back
Top Bottom