Chad Ford: Bucks Jefferson to Spurs 4 Bowen, Oberto, & Thomas ; becomes official later today

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

laugh.gif

we get it, you don't like the spurs. don't start talking out of your +!%.

Nope, I made valid points as a fan, you have no problem overlooking unethical conduct and therefore childishly attempt to pass off your opinion as something people should care about.

how is calling pop a douche a valid point? i don't think it's unethical conduct at all, especially if it's legal within the nba rulebook. and for the record, i wasn't trying to pass off my opinion as anything. you're the one unleashing your extreme disliking towards the spurs, not me buddy
laugh.gif

keep it up though, real cute.

Keep that limp-wristed language to yourself. "Cute"
sick.gif

I see that reading comprehension is not a skill you possess so I'll help you out with a quick break-down.

When a person writes groups of words ("sentences") and then groups those word groups together ("paragraphs"), information is communicated.

Now, when another person reads that information, it is necessary for that person to employ what is known as "critical thinking", otherwise known as "reading comprehension."

Caught up yet? I'll wait...

Caught up? Good. Now, take the post I wrote to which you replied. When reading that post, or anything else like a book or a magazine, it is up to you - the reader - to use your brain to discern what are talking points and what is writer opinion.

My view that Popovich, and the Spurs org. at large, is a douche is my opinion, and nowhere in my post did I express that opinion as a "point" upon which to present an argument.

Ok?

And JapanAir, fall back. You post way too much and say little-to-nothing each time.

Back to the topic at hand, the Spurs will have to prove themselves. It's fun to dissect these trades but nobody knows whether or not they'll work until the season is underway.
what? i didn't comprehend any of that
frown.gif

My view that Popovich, and the Spurs org. at large, is a douche is my opinion, and nowhere in my post did I express that opinion as a "point" upon which to present an argument.
sure you did. your argument was "why would players want to play for such a 'douchebaggy' organization even though they win." atleast, that's what seemed your argument was. and well, in that case, you certainly expressed your opinion while trying to present an argument. i, then,disagreed with your statement or rather, what you inferred through your remarks about the Spurs organization.

Enlightened Thought wrote:
your argument was "why would players want to play for such a 'douchebaggy' organization even though they win." at least, that's what seemed your argument was. and well, in that case, you certainly expressed your opinion while trying to present an argument. i, then, disagreed with your statement or rather, what you inferred through your remarks about the Spurs organization.

Yeah, no, but whatever. The whole thing doesn't even matter in the grand scheme.

*tips hat* Good day, sir.

I'm ecstatic that RJ (one of my favorite players in the L) is back with a contender.

He's a PERFECT fit for SA.

With that said, I still think SA needs to make 1 more move (like that Gortat signing) to be considered the top team in the West.

As far as Amir, word was he didn't execute the sets, and went 50% in practice a lot. He's a high energy guy in games, and grabbed a lot of boards. Iwish they wouldn't have gave up on him, he was a good young big.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I'm ecstatic that RJ (one of my favorite players in the L) is back with a contender.

With that said, I still think SA needs to make 1 more move (like that Gortat signing) to be considered the top team in the West.
they would not even be above a healthy houston team with Gortat

Originally Posted by knightngale

Yes they would. Artest is a free agent, so no guarantee he signs with them, but even if he does, you know that "healthy" and"Houston team" is an oxymoron.

I think the Spurs are back in the 2nd spot just ahead of the Nuggets cause of that knucklehead JR Smith.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by knightngale

Yes they would. Artest is a free agent, so no guarantee he signs with them, but even if he does, you know that "healthy" and "Houston team" is an oxymoron.

I think the Spurs are back in the 2nd spot just ahead of the Nuggets cause of that knucklehead JR Smith.
the way you guys played against houston without yao and mcgrady...i think this spurs team on paper would have won that series from you guys...justin my opinion....

we do need a big guy....i would love camby or kaman...that would be a dream...but i'd settle for a gortat or ratliffe or a calibre of that...

keeping gooden, finley, and getting bowen back would be good for us...

still on the fence if this trade is better than the vince carter one...im leaning towards this one because a) we didn't give up mason and hill...and b) ithink carter has been relegated to a jump shooter, whereas watching a few bucks games... (where they beat SA a few times this season)...RJ really attacks thebasket..and draws a lot of fouls...21 ppg is a serious news for us...

this is EXACTLY what we needed...an aggressive wingman...

now that centre position needs to be filled...parker needs to rehab his ankles...duncan his knees...and manu...well his whole body...

and i think we will have a good run next season...WCF if all goes well...

i dont see the nuggets being close to the spurs...because the spurs play with smarts and as a team..and not to mention pop > karl....

interesting to see what are moves buford has up his sleeve..

Even the bobcats would have had a chance against the Lakers of the Rockets series.

Also, I doubt the Spurs can get back to a championship level defense with their main 3 player's level of defense.
Tim Duncan's age is their obvious problem.

The more I think about this the less I like it.
embarassed.gif

Duncan is a serviceable passer, and having him down on the block with Jefferson cutting down the lane as soon as the double comes to Timmy D...
smh.gif
Dunkin'all over dudes.

They got RJ and didn't have to trade the big 3. Definite win for and power move for RC Buford

As long as TOny Parker s still playing for the Spurs they can still beat the Lakers

RJ knocked 'em down from beyond the arc, so he can light it up with Timmy on the block, TP/Manu slashing and kicking it out to him. I think dude shotalmost 40% from there.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Amir Johnson traded to Milwaukee for Oberto
eek.gif

not sure about this trade for Detroit
I think it's a great deal for Detroit. Johnson had his chances and showed that he wasn't ready. Now Detroit can waive Oberto, which willfree up even more cap space (he's got a non fully guaranteed contract). From there, they can make a run in free agency to get this team back to competing.

Great trade for us
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
now all we need is a decent center and Bruce back and were backas legit contenders. I remember Sheed wanted to come here but he was asking for too much $$, maybe now he will take a smaller pay check seeing as he has achance to get another ring.

And props to the spurs org. for finally making a big trade when we needed one. Sadly we only have 2 more years of good b ball in us before we have to readjustour core.
frown.gif

and to the guy who said pop was a douche ,
indifferent.gif
you seem to be thedouche. he is one of the best coaches in the league, treats every player the same from Timmy down to hill. He has respect and receives the most respect fromhis players now and past. When have you heard of any ex player of his say anything bad about him?

The Oberto/Amir Johnson trade isn't that big of a deal, although Detroit clearly got the better end of that. Amir Johnson sucks IMO.

i feel bad for the city of san antonio for having to listen to richard jeffersons annoying voice for a whole season

Back
Top Bottom