Chad Ford: Bucks Jefferson to Spurs 4 Bowen, Oberto, & Thomas ; becomes official later today

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Why do teams constantly trade away borderline all-star players for capspace and not get bashed by media about it? This is like the 4th or 5th deal that has went down since the Gasol trade.
eyes.gif

Memphis got bashed because they had better deals on the table at the time...that would have gotten them back legit players and cap space. Memphis basicallyjust built a championship for LA in one deal.

Why do teams constantly trade away borderline all-star players for capspace and not get bashed by media about it? This is like the 4th or 5th deal that has went down since the Gasol trade.
eyes.gif

The Bucks have a salary cap mess thanks to former GM Larry Harris. They needed to clear space so they can sign at least one of their own free agents back. Either Sessions or Charlie V. Its not as if they are clearing everyone out to try and go after Lebron in 2010 like some other teams (you know who they are)are thinking about doing.

How is it unethical if it is a KNOWN loophole that whole league knows about?

Hell, Jerry Stackhouse joked about it.

eyes.gif
Actually, the KG deal was the start of it IMO.

The Boston Celtics announced today that they have acquired 10-time All-Star and 2004 MVP Kevin Garnett from the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Al Jefferson, Theo Ratliff, Sebastian Telfair, a 2009 first round draft pick (top three protected) and a return of Minnesota's conditional first round draft pick previously obtained in the Ricky Davis-Wally Szczerbiak trade. Minnesota also receives cash considerations in the deal.

But of course Pop didn't care about this trade because it involved making a team in his conference weaker.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

eyes.gif

Memphis got bashed because they had better deals on the table at the time...that would have gotten them back legit players and cap space. Memphis basically just built a championship for LA in one deal.

You have a point. I still don't understand why we never took the Chicago deal that was on the table. Forgot exactly what it was, but I know it involvedNoah, Nocioni and I believe Ty Thomas.

Edit:
I take that back. Paxson didn't think Gasol was worth trading Deng or Gordon which is who Memphis wanted in the deal. They wanted one of those playersalong with one or two of the players I mentioned above or future picks.

Well the Twolves got a plathera of young players
laugh.gif
to goalong with Al Jefferson who became one of the best young bigs in the league. When it first happened, it was kinda crazy but its starting not to look as bad.

The Sonics basically traded Rashard Lewis for a conditional 2nd round pick. They wasn't handing Orlando a championship, but it definitely helped buildtheir team into a championship caliber team.

Memphis had a proposal a few years ago based around Tyson Chandler and either Ben Gordon or Luol Deng I think.

Last chance effort for the spurs. They definitely needed to make a move, and they didnt give up much to get it done. we'll see how this works out

if manu still has any game left, this is now the best team in the west.

unfair move ala pau to the lakers.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Until the Spurs can get a big man to ease the pressure off Duncan, no.

It's a very good move for the Spurs no doubt, but let's wait before we crown them anything.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

laugh.gif

we get it, you don't like the spurs. don't start talking out of your +!%.

Nope, I made valid points as a fan, you have no problem overlooking unethical conduct and therefore childishly attempt to pass off your opinion as something people should care about.

how is calling pop a douche a valid point? i don't think it's unethical conduct at all, especially if it's legal within the nba rulebook. and forthe record, i wasn't trying to pass off my opinion as anything. you're the one unleashing your extreme disliking towards the spurs, not me buddy
laugh.gif

keep it up though, real cute.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Until the Spurs can get an anthletic big man to ease the pressure off Duncan, no.

It's a very good move for the Spurs no doubt, but let's wait before we crown them anything.
duncan only averaged 33 minutes a game last year, what are you talking about? i'm sure they'll sign someone decent to help him out. theproblem last year was manu was out, they had ZERO offense off the bench and no playmaker when teams double duncan and parker. now they do with jefferson. moreimportantly, it allows manu to play 15-20 minutes a game a lot of the time to keep his health before increasing that to 25-30 mins in the playoffs. RJ is alegit 3rd option in this league.

Good deal for the Spurs but I don't see this making them a lot better then they already are. Second round exit next year
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

eyes.gif

Memphis got bashed because they had better deals on the table at the time...that would have gotten them back legit players and cap space. Memphis basically just built a championship for LA in one deal.

You have a point. I still don't understand why we never took the Chicago deal that was on the table. Forgot exactly what it was, but I know it involved Noah, Nocioni and I believe Ty Thomas.

Edit:
I take that back. Paxson didn't think Gasol was worth trading Deng or Gordon which is who Memphis wanted in the deal. They wanted one of those players along with one or two of the players I mentioned above or future picks.

Well the Twolves got a plathera of young players
laugh.gif
to go along with Al Jefferson who became one of the best young bigs in the league. When it first happened, it was kinda crazy but its starting not to look as bad.

The Sonics basically traded Rashard Lewis for a conditional 2nd round pick. They wasn't handing Orlando a championship, but it definitely helped build their team into a championship caliber team.
Al Jefferson is NOT a franchise player. He's a great 2nd fiddle though.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

laugh.gif

we get it, you don't like the spurs. don't start talking out of your +!%.

Nope, I made valid points as a fan, you have no problem overlooking unethical conduct and therefore childishly attempt to pass off your opinion as something people should care about.

how is calling pop a douche a valid point? i don't think it's unethical conduct at all, especially if it's legal within the nba rulebook. and for the record, i wasn't trying to pass off my opinion as anything. you're the one unleashing your extreme disliking towards the spurs, not me buddy
laugh.gif

keep it up though, real cute.
pwned-facekick.jpg

It's not unethical, flawed? Yes. But the other 29 teams have the same advantage, San Antonio is just able to make these moves.

Great trade by the Spurs. I was suprised to see the deal, despite knowing that RJ was on the block, and the Spurs were looking for an athletic wing.

Starters:
G. Parker
G. Mason
F. Jefferson
F. Duncan
C. Bonner

Bench: Hill, Ginobli, and either Bowen or Thomas

All they need to do is draft a 4/5, and they will be set.

I understand the move for the Bucks for cap relief. They now have the option to resign either Sessions or Charlie V. But I would not be suprised if they letboth go. I heard Bucks are interested in drafting Flynn.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Bowen and Oberto have non fully guaranteed contracts...they will be back in San Antonio in a few weeks.
Yep It's almost too predictable
I hate when teams do this..
laugh.gif
at least none of the players are coming out and saying that they'll be back in a month.....

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Bowen and Oberto have non fully guaranteed contracts...they will be back in San Antonio in a few weeks.
laugh.gif
at least none of the players are coming out and saying that they'll be back in a month.....

At least they doing it the right way. McDyess tried this concept when he got traded to Denver and picked the wrong team who got knocked out the 1st round ofthe playoffs.
laugh.gif

Yea I know he left because of some old stuff that happened in Denver, but its still funny.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

laugh.gif

At least they doing it the right way. McDyess tried this concept when he got traded to Denver and picked the wrong team who got knocked out the 1st round of the playoffs.
laugh.gif

Yea I know he left because of some old stuff that happened in Denver, but its still funny.
He was talking about Jerry Stackhouse saying how he's coming back to Dallas prior to even being trade, damn ******...
smh.gif

He fell off AS SOON as he said that.

Idiot..
smh.gif
(Not any of you, Stackhouse,
laugh.gif
smh.gif
).

Whoever the Spurs GM is, he needs a medal.

What a great deal. They get RJ for nothing because the 2 players they really want (Bowen/Thomas) will be right back with them.

I kinda don't like the rule but until the NBA does something about it I can't complain. Spurs are one of the best run teams of this decade.

I won't say anything until I see this team play but on paper they could be the second best team in the west. If the we don't get back Lamar and Arizathey could be the best team in the west.

Let's see what happens. Good move Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom