Chad Johnson gets 30 days in jail for slapping his lawyers butt

I saw both bailiffs and heard atleast a half dozen more laughs if not more.

Not saying I wouldn't have laughed. It was funny. BUT NOT IN A COURT ROOM. It shouldn't have been done PERIOD.

I've been in court more than I've ever liked and that thought NEVER crossed my mind. I wanted to get out ASAP.

Again... Chad wasn't laughing... The people who were should have been reprimanded. He wasn't causing disorder all of the people laughing were. Honestly, typically you aren't even supposed to be talking in the courtroom so the people bursting into laughter were the ones out of place. It wasn't funny, a well known "good job" gesture. He wasn't laughing or smiling really big when he did it, and he didn't make a big scene.

So Chad , a profession athlete, beat a woman. Idc how crazy this bird was. If you get caught up in a relationship with a female like that, then it's on you to control your temper. Ol boy headbutts her :lol:

Gets no jail time. Probation.

Violates his probation.

Again, gets no jail time until he opts to act like a child in the courtroom.

So yall dont think a guy who beats his wife and then violates his probation deserves a quick 30 day bid? Because I do.

IMO it wasnt really an overreaction by the judge at all. She is the judge and it is her courtroom. She was ACCEPTING a plea deal. He's there for beating his wife. She is well within her rights to throw that jawn out if Chad is the reason for the court to bust out in laughter, i.e. disrespecting her authority. Everyone in the courtroom is sitting behind Chad and his lawyer. He was aware they would see him pat him on the ***; Chad was trying to be funny. He is always trying to be funny, and ultimately that is his downfall. Shoudl have deleted his twitter and memorized rhe playbook in New England. He would still be on the Pats, catching TD passes from the GOAT. Instead he's sitting in a jail cell, eating a bologna sandwich.

Why are people in here defending his actions ? He has no one to blame but himHself. Besides, its not like dude is 23-24 years old. Teams are willing to take on a guy with baggage if theyre talented enough. What team wants Chad, his news network, his reality show, his controversial tweets, and worst of all, his mediocre play?

I am a Chad Johnson fan and would love to see him in the league at some point this year. But it seems everything has kind of crumbled all at once for him :smh:

^Oh be quiet with that "no one gets it" nonsense. We all get it, it's plain as day, you don't have superior insight on this. I see nothing wrong with arguing the rationale and fairness of it.

again, its not about being fair.

you want me to see the other side when there is no other side.

and here lies the problem. society actually accepting that a publicly elected official can handle things in a manner that doesn't have to be fair, when the point of the job is to be impartial

and here lies the problem. society actually accepting that a publicly elected official can handle things in a manner that doesn't have to be fair, when the point of the job is to be impartial

not in a probation violation hearing. WTF is so hard to understand with this?

He's already been convicted. There is no room for fair anymore. Jesus Christ.

:smh::smh::smh:

his attorney and the DA collectively agreed upon a plea deal. all the judge has to do is sign it. she told him to thank his attorney and he did. the pat on the butt wasn't even demonstrative enough for the judge to notice herself. she reacted off the crowds reaction, and based off of that decided to reject his plea deal when she was about ready to accept the same plea deal.

you really have no problem with that?

Why is patting someone on the butt "crap"

Lets say he hugged him, kissed him, pat his back.
What the difference that HIS way of showing appreciation

And why was the judge so focused on chad praising his lawyer.
As if his lawyers works for free, as if he isn't get paid at least 800/hr.

This is crazy, I bet she will watch the video and see that she overacted, but she will not be willing to reverse it.
It's crap because that's not the place to do it..He was in a court of law where his delinquent *** should know by now is not the place to do anything other than be respectful..It's not the place to "show your personality" or do anything that could possibly be taken as a sing of disrespect..
bro, what do u not get about the fact that she sentenced him only because the whole court room started laughing? that makes it ok to sentence a man 30 days in jail cause he unintentionally made ppl laugh? did u even watch the video? u probably think ppl caught with a gram of weed should be incarcerated.

no room for "fair?" why not? last time i checked ocho is a human being like the rest of us. i think he deserves fair treatment.

And its not like he got a 30 days sentence for failing to appear on a traffic ticket. Whether you think its a legit charge or not he's there for an assault charge and a warrant for failing to do what the court ordered you to do. THATS ON CHAD. Not his lawyer, not his momma. CHAD. He should know what he has to do to get through this and he FAILED. Repeatedly. Then did this.

i think you're missing the point. even with all that chad did wrong, he had a plea deal in place. it wasn't until the court started laughing at his gesture did the judge decide chad was being disrespectful (in my opinion he wasn't) and completely tossed his plea deal. that's what we have a problem with. nothing changed other than she felt disrespected, and basically put a man in jail for 30 days because of it
Wouldn't have happened if he didn't slap dude on the butt though.

:smh::smh::smh:

his attorney and the DA collectively agreed upon a plea deal. all the judge has to do is sign it. she told him to thank his attorney and he did. the pat on the butt wasn't even demonstrative enough for the judge to notice herself. she reacted off the crowds reaction, and based off of that decided to reject his plea deal when she was about ready to accept the same plea deal.

you really have no problem with that?
She did notice it though. She explicitly and specifically says what Chad did. She didn't just notice it, she was in clear view of it happening. Her decision may have been due to everyone's reaction but she definitely saw it happen. If not she wouldn't be able to say what he did.

Watch the vid again and listen to what she says.

Last edited:
Chad and the judge are both idiots in this.

Chad thinks his fame allows him to "make a funny" in court without the fear of consequences.

Judge is a typical female figure of authority on a power trip. She could have just scolded him and warned him. Then next time he comes to court on a violation, throw the book at him.

I don't think the pat warrants a 30 day period of incarceration, but Chad should at least have the presence of mind not to do it. F'n moron.

Last edited:
Reminds me of that episode of the Fresh Prince when Will got Carlton out of cheating, but Carlton reacted in front of the principle and they both got the hammer
laugh.gif

Reminds me of that episode of the Fresh Prince when Will got Carlton out of cheating, but Carlton reacted in front of the principle and they both got the hammer :lol:

:lol: I think every topic on NT can come back to the Fresh Prince in some way or form.

He only got in trouble because people laughed...... Ok, people only laughed because he smacked the mans rear. Y'all just don't know what taking responsible for your actions means huh? That's like saying that guy punched me in the face, I don't know why, all I did was kick him. It's his fault he punched me...... :smh:

She was impartial she gave the man freedom and immediately took away after she felt he no longer deserved it.

Bout as impartial as you can be

And I've seen cats bend over backwards at job interviews yall really acting like a courtroom doesnt hold more authority when the person holds your life in his or her hands?

She was impartial she gave the man freedom and immediately took away after she felt he no longer deserved it.

Bout as impartial as you can be

And I've seen cats bend over backwards at job interviews yall really acting like a courtroom doesnt hold more authority when the person holds your life in his or her hands?
THEY, the ignorant and immature of NT, just DONT get it. They want to argue for the sake of arguing.

"it's cause she's a female" "he didn't do anything wrong"

This is the same thing with that one miami chick and the MALE judge letting her off only for her to dude something stupid and end getting denied. No one cried "oh it's cause he's a dude"

It should not be that way but it is. Domestic abuse against a woman and then you get a female to judge you. You can not be doing dumb ish in the court room.

Plus she is white and he is black. It may not have played a role but a dude has got to play it safe.

:lol: @ dude saying she was Impartial.

Yeah she agreed to the plea deal then snatched it right back over some pitty ****. Like I said Chad put himself in this position for all of the stupid **** he does but the judge made it real obvious she wanted to lock him up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom