Charles Barkley is at it again on LeBron Vol. "Punk Move"

Originally Posted by h3at23

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

I'm still trying to figure out why people outside of bum +++%!+% Ohio are so up in arms with Lebron's decision? He got his ROY, Gold Medal, 2 MVP's, damn near every award you can win within professional basketball...except a championship. Why wouldn't he go to a sure fire contender?

And why is Barkley so irked? Why is anybody so irked? Have people not come to terms that athletes nowadays aren't concerned so much with their legacy as they are with their brand? We're in the age of athletic materialism and branding and you can thank the media for that. He's kept his name in everybody mouth like ya'll were givin' him that awesome jawsome, which only adds to his brand.

I like Barkley but he sound like a #%%*%, quite frankly. Lebron is a grown man. Why can't one man make a decision for his own livelihood without catching a fire storm?

Im glad this @!#+$ Malta is out the Pen. just when I think there's no hope left for NT and their suckerific ways he comes thru with a Gem.

I'm glad Malta said it & not me. Since it has been said:

/THREAD

THE END

EL FIN

didnt Chuck pull some Diva fit during his stay in Philly?.. straight up demanding for a trade, talking about how whack his organization was and all that... IMO, that's a little bit worse than what LeBron did to Cleveland. 

didnt Chuck pull some Diva fit during his stay in Philly?.. straight up demanding for a trade, talking about how whack his organization was and all that... IMO, that's a little bit worse than what LeBron did to Cleveland. 

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

h3at23 wrote:

GUNNA GET IT wrote:

Ricardo Malta wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out why people outside of bum +++%!+% Ohio are so up in arms with Lebron's decision? He got his ROY, Gold Medal, 2 MVP's, damn near every award you can win within professional basketball...except a championship. Why wouldn't he go to a sure fire contender?

And why is Barkley so irked? Why is anybody so irked? Have people not come to terms that athletes nowadays aren't concerned so much with their legacy as they are with their brand? We're in the age of athletic materialism and branding and you can thank the media for that. He's kept his name in everybody mouth like ya'll were givin' him that awesome jawsome, which only adds to his brand.

I like Barkley but he sound like a #%%*%, quite frankly. Lebron is a grown man. Why can't one man make a decision for his own livelihood without catching a fire storm?

Im glad this @!#+$ Malta is out the Pen. just when I think there's no hope left for NT and their suckerific ways he comes thru with a Gem.

/THREAD

THE END

EL FIN

We all did the same when Kobe went under trial and Tiger crashed his car... they made decisions for their own livelihood that do not affect us directly.

Personally, I don't have anything against him with leaving, but the way he went about it was indeed a punk move. That's all.

We can kind of compare LBJ's situation to what Brett Favre did. He won a few Super Bowls in Green Bay, some NFL accolades and awards, and put Green Bay on the map. They probably feel betrayed by his move to NY and the Vikings. Shouldn't GB be thankful for the years he gave them?

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

h3at23 wrote:

GUNNA GET IT wrote:

Ricardo Malta wrote:

/THREAD

THE END

EL FIN

We all did the same when Kobe went under trial and Tiger crashed his car... they made decisions for their own livelihood that do not affect us directly.

Personally, I don't have anything against him with leaving, but the way he went about it was indeed a punk move. That's all.

We can kind of compare LBJ's situation to what Brett Favre did. He won a few Super Bowls in Green Bay, some NFL accolades and awards, and put Green Bay on the map. They probably feel betrayed by his move to NY and the Vikings. Shouldn't GB be thankful for the years he gave them?

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Whoa. M.V.P. = Best player in the league?!

C'mon pimpin'... think about what you jus' wrote...

Kobe would have won the M.V.P. award consecutively from 03' till now....
indifferent.gif

I'm Done.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Whoa. M.V.P. = Best player in the league?!

C'mon pimpin'... think about what you jus' wrote...

Kobe would have won the M.V.P. award consecutively from 03' till now....
indifferent.gif

I'm Done.

Hindsight is 20/20... all I know is that the Cavs were the favorites before the playoffs started by 90% of the masses and a majority of people on here. This was supposed to FINALLY be Bron's year. I don't see how in any way he is absolved of any blame especially for the final run in the Boston series. Extenuating circumstances or not, he quit on his team in Game 5, the pivotal game in that series and just showed zero interest in even being out there.

As for his Decision, Charles is right. He took the path of least resistance and went to another alpha male's city and team in pursuit of a ring when he's still in his prime. The way he handled it has been well documented and needs no further explanation. True it gives him the best opportunity basketball wise, no one can doubt that, of getting that title, but I don't even think he realized the type of backlash he would receive...and he's really just shown what type of true female tendencies he has...taking mental notes?!? Are we in 3rd grade or something.

I'm just thinking that a back-to-back MVP should have people either wanting to join him or going to somewhere where he is the undisputed guy. This would be like Steve Nash bolting from PHX to the after those 2 heartbreaking losses to the Spurs, but hey at least he gave it his all.

Hindsight is 20/20... all I know is that the Cavs were the favorites before the playoffs started by 90% of the masses and a majority of people on here. This was supposed to FINALLY be Bron's year. I don't see how in any way he is absolved of any blame especially for the final run in the Boston series. Extenuating circumstances or not, he quit on his team in Game 5, the pivotal game in that series and just showed zero interest in even being out there.

As for his Decision, Charles is right. He took the path of least resistance and went to another alpha male's city and team in pursuit of a ring when he's still in his prime. The way he handled it has been well documented and needs no further explanation. True it gives him the best opportunity basketball wise, no one can doubt that, of getting that title, but I don't even think he realized the type of backlash he would receive...and he's really just shown what type of true female tendencies he has...taking mental notes?!? Are we in 3rd grade or something.

I'm just thinking that a back-to-back MVP should have people either wanting to join him or going to somewhere where he is the undisputed guy. This would be like Steve Nash bolting from PHX to the after those 2 heartbreaking losses to the Spurs, but hey at least he gave it his all.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

kvsm23vs24 wrote:

Na '08 was good. he deserved it, he had the Lakers number one in the west without Pau at one point and got the best record when Pau came in a crazy season.

he definitly deserved it in '03. not '04 and i say nash deserved his first one but i wouldnt be dissapointed with Shaq getting it. Last two years were on point too.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Bandwagon "LA fans" FTL.
tired.gif

C'mon dude, I know Timmy won it that year and all and the Spurs beat the Lakers that also but you can't say Kobe didn't deserve it. He put up 30pts/7rebs/6ast/2stl a night that year. He single-handedly kept the Lakers in playoff contention long enough in the west with Shaq out nearly half the year. That Lakers starting 5 without Shaq was Kobe, Fish, Rick Fox, Samaki Walker, and Slava Medvedenko. And on the bench Horry, rookie Kareem Rush, Devean George, and 37 year old Brian Shaw. What Kobe was able to do was nothing short of incredible.

kvsm23vs24 wrote:

Na '08 was good. he deserved it, he had the Lakers number one in the west without Pau at one point and got the best record when Pau came in a crazy season.

he definitly deserved it in '03. not '04 and i say nash deserved his first one but i wouldnt be dissapointed with Shaq getting it. Last two years were on point too.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Bandwagon "LA fans" FTL.
tired.gif

C'mon dude, I know Timmy won it that year and all and the Spurs beat the Lakers that also but you can't say Kobe didn't deserve it. He put up 30pts/7rebs/6ast/2stl a night that year. He single-handedly kept the Lakers in playoff contention long enough in the west with Shaq out nearly half the year. That Lakers starting 5 without Shaq was Kobe, Fish, Rick Fox, Samaki Walker, and Slava Medvedenko. And on the bench Horry, rookie Kareem Rush, Devean George, and 37 year old Brian Shaw. What Kobe was able to do was nothing short of incredible.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Bandwagon "LA fans" FTL.
tired.gif

You serious fam? You're obviously the Homer because out of all the statements i said about who should win it, you come to protect your BF.

Hell he Kidd should have won it over him too.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Bandwagon "LA fans" FTL.
tired.gif

You serious fam? You're obviously the Homer because out of all the statements i said about who should win it, you come to protect your BF.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I'm just thinking that a back-to-back MVP should have people either wanting to join him or be going to somewhere where he is the undisputed guy. This would be like Steve Nash bolting from PHX to the after those 2 heartbreaking losses to the Spurs, but hey at least he gave it his all.
What sense does that make exactly? Why put yourself in a lesser situation when there's a greater one on the table? Y'all aren't explaining this clear enough.

And he's still the undisputed guy on the heat anyway. He just has 2 beasts for teammates that could/have run their own teams.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I'm just thinking that a back-to-back MVP should have people either wanting to join him or be going to somewhere where he is the undisputed guy. This would be like Steve Nash bolting from PHX to the after those 2 heartbreaking losses to the Spurs, but hey at least he gave it his all.
What sense does that make exactly? Why put yourself in a lesser situation when there's a greater one on the table? Y'all aren't explaining this clear enough.

And he's still the undisputed guy on the heat anyway. He just has 2 beasts for teammates that could/have run their own teams.

You're right about him being a homer, but Duncan deserved the '03 MVP, no question.

You're right about him being a homer, but Duncan deserved the '03 MVP, no question.

laugh.gif
the AAA is wade's house and always will be.. the heat is wade's team and always will be... i dont care how good you are... if wade owns damn near all the heat records, brought the 1st championship ring, and finals mvp ring, aint NO ONE gonna come over and have it be their team the first year here....

laugh.gif
the AAA is wade's house and always will be.. the heat is wade's team and always will be... i dont care how good you are... if wade owns damn near all the heat records, brought the 1st championship ring, and finals mvp ring, aint NO ONE gonna come over and have it be their team the first year here....

laugh.gif
You forgot to add "unless that player is Lebron James" to the end of that mess.

laugh.gif
You forgot to add "unless that player is Lebron James" to the end of that mess.

Originally Posted by JD617

Wait what?
So even when I'm right I'm still a "homer"?
ohwell.gif

At the end of the day the RIGHT PLAYER won that year.

Originally Posted by JD617

Wait what?
So even when I'm right I'm still a "homer"?
ohwell.gif

At the end of the day the RIGHT PLAYER won that year.

Back
Top Bottom