Charles Barkley is at it again on LeBron Vol. "Punk Move"

He's irritated that Lebron chose not to be the greatest ever cause he had the chance. Lebron messed up, Charles is telling him that.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Charles always says what is on his mind.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Can't wait until the season starts & we can start judging players & teams by their records...

Co-signing this

+

I don't think there were any "punk moves" but the move to Miami from Cleveland...

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Can't wait until the season starts & we can start judging players & teams by their records...

Co-signing this

+

I don't think there were any "punk moves" but the move to Miami from Cleveland...

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Barkley didn't say anything about Lebron as a basketball player. He's questioning his actions as a human being. There's a difference.

this&
Originally Posted by The Technodrome

I commend Chuck for this, he calls it how he sees it, better than like 95% of the media who cover the NBA or even sports in general, he's always spoken his mind and I'm glad he stays doing it

THIS

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Barkley didn't say anything about Lebron as a basketball player. He's questioning his actions as a human being. There's a difference.

this&
Originally Posted by The Technodrome

I commend Chuck for this, he calls it how he sees it, better than like 95% of the media who cover the NBA or even sports in general, he's always spoken his mind and I'm glad he stays doing it

THIS

Not only do I agree with Chuck wholeheartedly, I'm about to throw my cape on and fly in the defend him. First off, Chuck never "ring chased". It's DIFFERENT after you've payed your dues and done what you could for your team. I see nothing wrong with a bunch of seasoned vets coming together at the downturn of their career to make a stab at some rings. When you're young and peaking, you lead a team. When you get older and you're no longer the Alpha Lion, ain't no shame in doing what most older players do. I call that an "anchor chip" because you're going after the ring that would solidify a great career.

(Sidenote: I'd have had ZERO issue with Wade changing teams. He tried, he won one. He kept trying, the ship kept sinking... he owes MIA/their fans nothing. He brought them what he was payed to bring them with all that talent of his. Bosh either..)

But when you're like 25 years old, and you just wanna cut corners and INFLATE your legacy, I think it's self-serving and indeed a "punk move". Where's the competitive spirit? At some point it's about more than just stats and awards. To be as good as Lebron and be only part of your own legacy is just.... lame. And I can understand why chuck is offended. The kid is probably the best player to ever play the game at SF, will soon be the undisputed best all around player in the League, and he's already copping out and jumping ship. THEN, you can add the Jordan factor. From Chuck's perspective, having seen Jordan go 0-7..... then turn around and win 6... must be inspiring. Add to THAT fact that Lebron is substantially younger than the MJ that won his first chip and very close to being as effective, and it's easy to see why a golden era hooper like Chuck is just dumbfounded by the lack of patience and loyalty Lebron just displayed this off season. NO one of Lebron's caliber has ever jumped ship like that. It's just not what legends do.

Not only do I agree with Chuck wholeheartedly, I'm about to throw my cape on and fly in the defend him. First off, Chuck never "ring chased". It's DIFFERENT after you've payed your dues and done what you could for your team. I see nothing wrong with a bunch of seasoned vets coming together at the downturn of their career to make a stab at some rings. When you're young and peaking, you lead a team. When you get older and you're no longer the Alpha Lion, ain't no shame in doing what most older players do. I call that an "anchor chip" because you're going after the ring that would solidify a great career.

(Sidenote: I'd have had ZERO issue with Wade changing teams. He tried, he won one. He kept trying, the ship kept sinking... he owes MIA/their fans nothing. He brought them what he was payed to bring them with all that talent of his. Bosh either..)

But when you're like 25 years old, and you just wanna cut corners and INFLATE your legacy, I think it's self-serving and indeed a "punk move". Where's the competitive spirit? At some point it's about more than just stats and awards. To be as good as Lebron and be only part of your own legacy is just.... lame. And I can understand why chuck is offended. The kid is probably the best player to ever play the game at SF, will soon be the undisputed best all around player in the League, and he's already copping out and jumping ship. THEN, you can add the Jordan factor. From Chuck's perspective, having seen Jordan go 0-7..... then turn around and win 6... must be inspiring. Add to THAT fact that Lebron is substantially younger than the MJ that won his first chip and very close to being as effective, and it's easy to see why a golden era hooper like Chuck is just dumbfounded by the lack of patience and loyalty Lebron just displayed this off season. NO one of Lebron's caliber has ever jumped ship like that. It's just not what legends do.

Man I can't wait until the season begins so all of these non-stories can just disappear...I'm tired of Twitter being ESPN's main source for their lead stories.

Anyhow, Lebron should keep his mouth shut for the rest of the summer. Yes he had the right to leave Cleveland, but him and his team just handled it poorly.

It is funny to see him selling wolf tickets now. As someone already stated, most of the people taking shots at him are either media or NBA legends (Barkley, MJ, Bird, etc) so Bron's not going to win that battle right now...he needs them more than they need him.

Man I can't wait until the season begins so all of these non-stories can just disappear...I'm tired of Twitter being ESPN's main source for their lead stories.

Anyhow, Lebron should keep his mouth shut for the rest of the summer. Yes he had the right to leave Cleveland, but him and his team just handled it poorly.

It is funny to see him selling wolf tickets now. As someone already stated, most of the people taking shots at him are either media or NBA legends (Barkley, MJ, Bird, etc) so Bron's not going to win that battle right now...he needs them more than they need him.

The only thing that's funny to me about all of this is how LeBron is taking "mental notes" from everyone and their trash talk from this Summer and using it as fuel. LOL WUT?
laugh.gif
Whatever happened to using him getting his %%# steady beat as fuel? He acts like his actions from this Summer alone warrant no backlash whatsoever.

And why is he acting tough now? This is like watching someone get ganged up on before a fight and not saying @[email protected] then once his boys show up and are behind him, the +%!!# turns into some kind of untamed beast.

Whatever, LeBron.
laugh.gif
I don't know why y'all worship this dude.

The only thing that's funny to me about all of this is how LeBron is taking "mental notes" from everyone and their trash talk from this Summer and using it as fuel. LOL WUT?
laugh.gif
Whatever happened to using him getting his %%# steady beat as fuel? He acts like his actions from this Summer alone warrant no backlash whatsoever.

And why is he acting tough now? This is like watching someone get ganged up on before a fight and not saying @[email protected] then once his boys show up and are behind him, the +%!!# turns into some kind of untamed beast.

Whatever, LeBron.
laugh.gif
I don't know why y'all worship this dude.

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

QFT all around

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

QFT all around

Lebron is so delusional.
tired.gif
  He seriously thinks he's the GOAT and he's won absolutely nothing. So what if you're gona remember everyone that hated on you? What are you going to do? Even if you do win a championship, nobody is going to take it seriously....so how are you gona say "I told you so!" when nobody will even consider it a real championship. Get your Karl Malone at 40 years old ring chasing @*# outta here.

Lebron is so delusional.
tired.gif
  He seriously thinks he's the GOAT and he's won absolutely nothing. So what if you're gona remember everyone that hated on you? What are you going to do? Even if you do win a championship, nobody is going to take it seriously....so how are you gona say "I told you so!" when nobody will even consider it a real championship. Get your Karl Malone at 40 years old ring chasing @*# outta here.

Does anyone recall the circumstances of Charles being traded to Houston? I've read he wanted a trade but I've also read that Phoenix did it as a cost cutting measure and a way to get younger. Charles is the one of the few guys that give it to a player like Lebron these days, but karma does have a way of coming back to Charles in one way or another. Usually ending up in our entertainment.

Does anyone recall the circumstances of Charles being traded to Houston? I've read he wanted a trade but I've also read that Phoenix did it as a cost cutting measure and a way to get younger. Charles is the one of the few guys that give it to a player like Lebron these days, but karma does have a way of coming back to Charles in one way or another. Usually ending up in our entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom