Charles Barkley is at it again on LeBron Vol. "Punk Move"

^Because his stats were better in the 09 playoffs than 09 reg season. Everyone else faltered big time. Look it up. I don't blame Kobe for playoff defeats in 05-07 because the rest of his team just sucked. He was still the best player in the L those years.

I blame LeBron a lot for Game 5 this year. They lost because of him. I have no idea what the hell happened because Game 3, they murdered them and Game 4 it took Rondo putting up a Chamberlainian performance to keep them from winning. Yes I just made that word up. LeBron did put up a crazy triple double in G6. G5 though will always be a part of his legacy as a huge choke-job unless I can get some type of explanation centering around this Delonte situation.

^Because his stats were better in the 09 playoffs than 09 reg season. Everyone else faltered big time. Look it up. I don't blame Kobe for playoff defeats in 05-07 because the rest of his team just sucked. He was still the best player in the L those years.

I blame LeBron a lot for Game 5 this year. They lost because of him. I have no idea what the hell happened because Game 3, they murdered them and Game 4 it took Rondo putting up a Chamberlainian performance to keep them from winning. Yes I just made that word up. LeBron did put up a crazy triple double in G6. G5 though will always be a part of his legacy as a huge choke-job unless I can get some type of explanation centering around this Delonte situation.

I didnt specify a season. I meant period. If I credit him for elevating his teammates play in a win, I will discredit him for NOT elevating his teammates play in a loss. Simple as that. Regardless of his stats. If you are the man in anything else, you take the credit good and bad.....for some stupid reason people think Bron should escape this.

I didnt specify a season. I meant period. If I credit him for elevating his teammates play in a win, I will discredit him for NOT elevating his teammates play in a loss. Simple as that. Regardless of his stats. If you are the man in anything else, you take the credit good and bad.....for some stupid reason people think Bron should escape this.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

Trevor Ariza sucks though. The Rockets dumped him like a cheap prostitute.
how? dude got put into a tough situation last year without yao and without tmac. if you're gonna rely on this dude to be your 1st or 2nd option, its not his fault. 

"But Ariza just isn't as nearly as good as teams keep making him out to be. There's a reason Houston was ready to dump the guy with only the suddenly-looking-much-older Shane Battier(notes) in reserve at small forward along with Chase Budinger(notes), only picking up a shooting guard that will have to find spot minutes behind Kevin Martin(notes). There's a reason Mitch Kupchak told Ariza to stick it, following his agent's laughable attempt at playing hardball with the Lakers last summer.
He's a great defender and purely a spot-up shooter that has shot 32 percent from long range over his career, 33 percent last year, 32 percent the year before that, and (wait for it) 47. 6 percent from behind the three-point during the 2009 playoffs; the lasting image before his free agent turn. Ariza is a fantastic athlete that can finish on the break, but he can't dribble, can't set up a good shot from inside the arc, and didn't really seem to understand this last season.
I'm having a hard time thinking of a person whose shot selection was as poor as Ariza's last year. ... Ariza just shot and shot and shot and shot and never seemed to realize that players shooting a below-average 33.4 percent from deep shouldn't be taking 5.7 attempts a game, and players shooting 39.4 percent from the field shouldn't be shooting nearly 14 times a game.
Which is why the Rockets had no issues dumping the guy for merely the relief of getting out from his contract; one that will pay him about $28 million total over the next four years."
 shannon brown is worse  than trevor ariza in every aspect of the game and the lakers re signed him
tired.gif

how? dude got put into a tough situation last year without yao and without tmac. if you're gonna rely on this dude to be your 1st or 2nd option, its not his fault. 

"But Ariza just isn't as nearly as good as teams keep making him out to be. There's a reason Houston was ready to dump the guy with only the suddenly-looking-much-older Shane Battier(notes) in reserve at small forward along with Chase Budinger(notes), only picking up a shooting guard that will have to find spot minutes behind Kevin Martin(notes). There's a reason Mitch Kupchak told Ariza to stick it, following his agent's laughable attempt at playing hardball with the Lakers last summer.
He's a great defender and purely a spot-up shooter that has shot 32 percent from long range over his career, 33 percent last year, 32 percent the year before that, and (wait for it) 47. 6 percent from behind the three-point during the 2009 playoffs; the lasting image before his free agent turn. Ariza is a fantastic athlete that can finish on the break, but he can't dribble, can't set up a good shot from inside the arc, and didn't really seem to understand this last season.
I'm having a hard time thinking of a person whose shot selection was as poor as Ariza's last year. ... Ariza just shot and shot and shot and shot and never seemed to realize that players shooting a below-average 33.4 percent from deep shouldn't be taking 5.7 attempts a game, and players shooting 39.4 percent from the field shouldn't be shooting nearly 14 times a game.
Which is why the Rockets had no issues dumping the guy for merely the relief of getting out from his contract; one that will pay him about $28 million total over the next four years."
 shannon brown is worse  than trevor ariza in every aspect of the game and the lakers re signed him
tired.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

tired.gif

Ummm, Shannon Brown resigned for 4.6 million, Trevor is owed like 28 million. Do the math. After the 09 season, Ariza's play demanded more money. Nobody wanted Shannon Brown.

How did we get from Lebron to Trevor Ariza anyway?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

tired.gif

Ummm, Shannon Brown resigned for 4.6 million, Trevor is owed like 28 million. Do the math. After the 09 season, Ariza's play demanded more money. Nobody wanted Shannon Brown.

How did we get from Lebron to Trevor Ariza anyway?

Lebron played well in both series. The whole reason Lebron left is because he didnt have the balls to tell management to outright trade JJ Hickson. Being friends with everyone on the roster leaves you in that tough position of having to tell a guy its not personal but we can trade for Amare.

Even if both guys opt out your going to get something for them
And then your not stuck with Mo Williams and Jamison as your 2 key guys.

Lebron played well in both series. The whole reason Lebron left is because he didnt have the balls to tell management to outright trade JJ Hickson. Being friends with everyone on the roster leaves you in that tough position of having to tell a guy its not personal but we can trade for Amare.

Even if both guys opt out your going to get something for them
And then your not stuck with Mo Williams and Jamison as your 2 key guys.

see trevor ariza. why didn't he play in cleveland last season? oh that's right, they weren't sure if lebron was going to stay or not. 
grin.gif
Trevor Ariza? Really? He plays the same position as LeBron.
laugh.gif
And they already got Parker and Moon who are similar players.

see trevor ariza. why didn't he play in cleveland last season? oh that's right, they weren't sure if lebron was going to stay or not. 
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

grin.gif
laugh.gif
The Cavs settled for Parker and Moon after Ariza turned them down because he couldn't get reassurance LeBron was going to stay.

grin.gif
laugh.gif
The Cavs settled for Parker and Moon after Ariza turned them down because he couldn't get reassurance LeBron was going to stay.

grin.gif
laugh.gif
really? then why was lebron actively recruiting him and LYING to him? go ahead, ill wait for your excuse. i bet that's not the only free agent that was turned off by lebron's lack of commitment to the organization either.
and
laugh.gif
at you guys acting like trevor was garbage before he played this season with the rockets. again, if he is your teams 1st or 2nd option, its NOT his fault. 

grin.gif
laugh.gif
really? then why was lebron actively recruiting him and LYING to him? go ahead, ill wait for your excuse. i bet that's not the only free agent that was turned off by lebron's lack of commitment to the organization either.
and
laugh.gif
at you guys acting like trevor was garbage before he played this season with the rockets. again, if he is your teams 1st or 2nd option, its NOT his fault. 

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

When LeBron is winning, they are the favorites.
When LeBron is losing, he has no help.

laugh.gif

I think nearly every acquisition was hyped up until they ultimately lost. And suddenly...LeBron has no help, again.

That organization did all that they could to help him win. Bottom line...he would NOT assure any one or any player that he was going to stay. Whether dudes were in their prime or ring chasing veterans, who would want to sign a contract with a team that could plummet so swiftly with his departure? If it was me, I would have avoided the Cavs like the plague. Dudes like Jamison are stuck there to rot and salvage this year in front of the saltiest fans in sports.

LeBron not getting more adequate help was his own fault...not the Cavs as an organization or even the city of Cleveland. They gave that man too much power. I guess that was their fault.

This!!!....All of it, EVERY word.

Im far from a Lebron hater, i try n catch every Cavs game on T.V. and that team was not as bad as people are making it out to be.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

When LeBron is winning, they are the favorites.
When LeBron is losing, he has no help.

laugh.gif

I think nearly every acquisition was hyped up until they ultimately lost. And suddenly...LeBron has no help, again.

That organization did all that they could to help him win. Bottom line...he would NOT assure any one or any player that he was going to stay. Whether dudes were in their prime or ring chasing veterans, who would want to sign a contract with a team that could plummet so swiftly with his departure? If it was me, I would have avoided the Cavs like the plague. Dudes like Jamison are stuck there to rot and salvage this year in front of the saltiest fans in sports.

LeBron not getting more adequate help was his own fault...not the Cavs as an organization or even the city of Cleveland. They gave that man too much power. I guess that was their fault.

This!!!....All of it, EVERY word.

Im far from a Lebron hater, i try n catch every Cavs game on T.V. and that team was not as bad as people are making it out to be.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

I'm still trying to figure out why people outside of bum +++%!+% Ohio are so up in arms with Lebron's decision? He got his ROY, Gold Medal, 2 MVP's, damn near every award you can win within professional basketball...except a championship. Why wouldn't he go to a sure fire contender?

And why is Barkley so irked? Why is anybody so irked? Have people not come to terms that athletes nowadays aren't concerned so much with their legacy as they are with their brand? We're in the age of athletic materialism and branding and you can thank the media for that. He's kept his name in everybody mouth like ya'll were givin' him that awesome jawsome, which only adds to his brand.

I like Barkley but he sound like a #%%*%, quite frankly. Lebron is a grown man. Why can't one man make a decision for his own livelihood without catching a fire storm?

Im glad this @!#+$ Malta is out the Pen. just when I think there's no hope left for NT and their suckerific ways he comes thru with a Gem.

I'm still trying to figure out why people outside of bum +++%!+% Ohio are so up in arms with Lebron's decision? He got his ROY, Gold Medal, 2 MVP's, damn near every award you can win within professional basketball...except a championship. Why wouldn't he go to a sure fire contender?

And why is Barkley so irked? Why is anybody so irked? Have people not come to terms that athletes nowadays aren't concerned so much with their legacy as they are with their brand? We're in the age of athletic materialism and branding and you can thank the media for that. He's kept his name in everybody mouth like ya'll were givin' him that awesome jawsome, which only adds to his brand.

I like Barkley but he sound like a #%%*%, quite frankly. Lebron is a grown man. Why can't one man make a decision for his own livelihood without catching a fire storm?

Im glad this @!#+$ Malta is out the Pen. just when I think there's no hope left for NT and their suckerific ways he comes thru with a Gem.

Exactly. And to slightly expound on this, I honestly can't believe that we are ripping someone for trying to put themselves in what they feel is their best position to win. Never in my life have I seen the media and fans rip someone for wanting to win. We sit around and *!+%% about the lack of ambition from athletes, but now we are mad? I don't get it.

Back
Top Bottom