Charlie Weis gone

word?
nerd.gif

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/...rlie_weis_.html

Charlie Weis is out as Notre Dame head football coach, a source close to the program told the Daily News.

AD Jack Swarbrick has decided to make a change after Weis finished the season with a 6-6 record and four straight losses to Navy, Pitt, Connecticut andStanford.

Weis coached Notre Dame for five years and leaves with a 35-27 record. He has told friends in South Bend he has at least six offers from NFL teams to becometheir offensive coordinator.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/...l#ixzz0YN6vKnNp

Won't believe it until ESPN credits themselves for the shocking breaking news.

if the bears arent one of those 6 ... i dont know what the *%@# is wrong with that organization. SERIOUSLY.

I don't see why anyone would go there. The expectations are way too high. Honestly, although they are in the same conference with us, I would hate forBrian Kelly to leave UC and go to ND. He has something special with this team and the program's future is bright.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

I don't see why anyone would go there. The expectations are way too high. Honestly, although they are in the same conference with us, I would hate for Brian Kelly to leave UC and go to ND. He has something special with this team and the program's future is bright.
nice as that sounds, as good and as large as he could make cinci - it is nothing compared to how big and important the ND program is from the dayhe'd step foot there - and if he could bring them back to being major players, a job at Cinci is small potatoes compared to that.

agreed Craftsy. that ND coaching job is something serious. when it comes down to it, any coach in the country will take that position if they can. even a guylike Urban Meyer could be lured into South Bend.

Expectations at ND are unrealistic. You're going to get a nice payday, but they want championships...no matter what kind of talent you got on the field.Coaches better think long and hard before signing on the dotted line at ND.

I disagree.

Everyone was ecstatic over BCS berths. That still for the most part is what is wanted and if you can gear up for a title run every 5 years, that'd begreat, too.

With the schedule the way it is now, and the proof that talent can be brought in..doing so is not impossible.

The next coach at ND is not going to get fired for going 10-2 and making the BCS more years than not. IF the program gets to that point, yeah..you'd hopeyou can play for a national title..and then there might be some heat, similar to Tressell right now, but overall...nobody is expecting a title within 2 yearsof Stoops or kelly taking over.

..mike, just not impressed with him as a coach. You have to hit a home run this time, and I don't think he's it.

Originally Posted by DLo13

Not sure which is heavier right now...Charlie or his bank account...
Exactly... plus it isn't like he won't get a gig as a OC back in the NFL.

probably a lot of weight off his shoulders too... (no pun intended)
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom