Charlie Weis gone

as long as ND is not in a conference, they will not be an elite program

this job is not the big time job it used to be.

the nbc contract is meaningless in recruiting because every big schools game are televised now.

ND may be able to pull 3 or 4 elite guys every yr but they wont consistently fill up 10-15 spots with the best recruits.

being that they send absolutely no players to the NFL, no one wants to risk going there. the last time a NDer went in the 1st round was brady Quinn, and beforethat jeff faine in 2003, and before that Luke Pettigout in 1999. and before that 1994 ... 5 1st rounders in 15 years. thats Disgusting.
sick.gif

Good Luck to whoever gets that job.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

if the bears arent one of those 6 ... i dont know what the *%@# is wrong with that organization. SERIOUSLY.

The same thing that is wrong with most Chicago organizations, they're cheap as #+*!
mad.gif
smh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Johndaeyun

ND need to realize that their not an elite program anymore......he should recruited Defensive players cuz there D is Horrible.
And your grammar is horrible.

I was typing from my phone. So basically I didn't care bout grammer. U just came in here and said my grammer was bad. You FAIL Just LOG OFF.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

if the bears arent one of those 6 ... i dont know what the *%@# is wrong with that organization. SERIOUSLY.

The same thing that is wrong with most Chicago organizations, they're cheap as #+*!
mad.gif
smh.gif
tired.gif

Word to the 4 lost years of Mike as a Bull
tired.gif

LOL at Charlie having "6 offers" already.

These teams havent offered him jack, let alone six of them. In the middle of the season.

"How can we spin this even the slightest to our advantage on the way out?" - Weis' P.R. firm

"Make it seem like we have had NFL teams pounding down his door and that is his true calling."

RyGuy45 wrote:
LOL at Charlie having "6 offers" already.

These teams havent offered him jack, let alone six of them. In the middle of the season.

"How can we spin this even the slightest to our advantage on the way out?" - Weis' P.R. firm

"Make it seem like we have had NFL teams pounding down his door and that is his true calling."
He was successful in the NFL though.

ND may be able to pull 3 or 4 elite guys every yr but they wont consistently fill up 10-15 spots with the best recruits.
they did from 06-08...at least perception said so.

they have four 1st or 2nd round kids sitting on the offense right now, a result of the improved recruiting.

if the ND job isn't an elite one, what is? Florida, Texas, USC...?

All it's gona take is the right hire to hit that status again. USC was fading quickly pre-Pete.

He was successful in the NFL though.
Word, not arguing that. (Although one could say he was part of the Bill B system)

Rather finding it humerous that he has "at least six offers" as we speak. Could he have had talks recently with maybe one team that said come onaboard as we speak? Perhaps. But over six NFL teams litterally giving this guy an offer in the middle of this chaos season and him still beingemployed? That's complete spin
laugh.gif

Anyway no big deal but found that part funny IMO.

Al3xis wrote:
USC was fading quickly pre-Pete.

We were in no man's land pre-Pete. ND's academic standards seem to be too high for athletes, which is probably a main reason theydon't attract a lot of the top recruits.

Crazy to think Kelly came from coaching my schools football team a few years ago. Dude really moved up in the world

Jerry Jones...GET THIS MAN ON THE PHONE!

Anyway, I used to be an ND fan before they shafted my man Tyrone Willingham...now I drink the ND haterade daily. Yeah I know he proved to be not a very goodcoach, but he got less of a chance than any ND coach...I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to why. But I hope the golden domers do the obvious...goafter a "big name" rather than the best coach. Which will have them here again in 5 years. May the curse of shafting TW forever haunt you NDmuhahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Weis, say what you want dude knows how to run an offense period. I can't explain the rest of the team, its not like he didn't get defensivetalent because he did. Somehow they underacheived as much as the offense excelled

Yeah I know he proved to be not a very good coach, but he got less of a chance than any ND coach...I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to why
ya, they were so racist they did what 95% of programs wouldn't do in the first place, hire him.

ND's academic standards seem to be too high for athletes, which is probably a main reason they don't attract a lot of the top recruits.
i think charlie, Polian and Corwin proved you can get top recruits, it's the depth that is the issue and the 'speed' factor. even whenthey bring in a kid like armando allen who was supposed to be a burner, he's never showed it.

My thing is, the talent that can be brought in is certainly enough to beat Michigan, Pitt, MSU and BC. USC is the only true obstacle.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Al3xis wrote:
USC was fading quickly pre-Pete.
We were in no man's land pre-Pete. ND's academic standards seem to be too high for athletes, which is probably a main reason they don't attract a lot of the top recruits.

academic standards is a crutch they use to justify losing.

Wake Forest and Ga Tech winners on the field in football and basketball with the same academic restrictions.
Stanford too.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

as long as ND is not in a conference, they will not be an elite program
I disagree.

If anything, being in a conference would make ND just like any other program in the nation and ND does not want any part of that distinction. Weis and, to alesser extent, Willingham have shown that ND can make it to a BCS game if they perform on the field. Whether they get the talent and the coach to make thathappen is another question.

I have no problem when people say ND is no longer an elite program because the definition "elite" in college football is such a volatile one. Allthat elite means is that you can reach the BCS consistently; all the other stuff that comes with winning will follow - draft picks, money, prestige, etc.Getting there, obviously, requires a good coach, but the coaching job at ND still means something because of the history, which very few programs can say.

the Kids wont go play for a team not in a conference. esp not the great talent.

theres a reason the also rans in the SEC and Pac 10 are catching up to the perennial powers. because the kids are going to the opposing conference teams. theyhave a shot at beating the big fish. they have a chance of being on TV every week. they have a chance to be compared every week to the best.

where do u think HS kids wanna go? to a team that can play vs usc/ucla/wash/ore/ore st every week or a team that plays bc/navy/army/air force every week...

I agree with Gunna. ND needs to finally join the Big Ten, or if it wants join the Big East.

Look at all the Independents that roamed the landscape in the 80's and 90's, where are they now. They have all joined conferences and it has helpedthose schools in the long run.

There are only 3 Independent programs in Division I and two of them are service academies. They can join the Big Ten and give a boost to the Big Ten Network,it will probably reap more rewards than being on TV nationally since ND is having trouble recruiting 5* recruits nationally. They need to start focusing onplucking all the talent Ohio State has been getting. Focus on talent from the Midwest, Pa and Ohio.

It's still
eek.gif
, how Weis got a kid from Hawaii to go to ND (Teo).

theres a reason the also rans in the SEC and Pac 10 are catching up to the perennial powers. because the kids are going to the opposing conference teams. they have a shot at beating the big fish. they have a chance of being on TV every week. they have a chance to be compared every week to the best.

where do u think HS kids wanna go? to a team that can play vs usc/ucla/wash/ore/ore st every week or a team that plays bc/navy/army/air force every week...
With that said, the Big East needs to give Notre Dame an ultimatum. Have the football team join the conference or have the rest of the membersports face expulsion. Its that simple.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

ND's roster isn't exactly made up of leftovers that got passed on.
ND has maybe 15 guys that other teams would classify as must have guys on signing day

just looking at the verbals ND has now, Tailer Jones is the only Must have guy I see .

Originally Posted by Lazy B

theres a reason the also rans in the SEC and Pac 10 are catching up to the perennial powers. because the kids are going to the opposing conference teams. they have a shot at beating the big fish. they have a chance of being on TV every week. they have a chance to be compared every week to the best.

With that said, the Big East needs to give Notre Dame an ultimatum. Have the football team join the conference or have the rest of the member sports face expulsion. Its that simple.
Money is on the Big Ten.

If the Big East drops ND in every other sport, the Big Ten will scoop them up. In terms of football, the Big Ten makes the most sense for Notre Dame. It willbe interesting what it will be called being that the Big Ten will officially have 12 teams and there is already a conference called the Big XII.

Yeah I know he proved to be not a very good coach, but he got less of a chance than any ND coach...I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to why
ya, they were so racist they did what 95% of programs wouldn't do in the first place, hire him.

whoa, whoa, whooooooooooooooa who said it was a race issue? All I said was Ty didn't get the chance other ND coaches had, was raceinvolved...who knows...no matter the reason the man was treated unfairly. Seeing as he was the first black ND head coach and got less of chance than any NDcoach one would immediately assume it is race but I am sure (I hope) it was more than that...That's why I said draw your own conlusions. Dang...didn'teven pull the race card and cats are hurt.

95% would do in the first place...hire him...what are you talking about, the guy coached professionally and in college before ND... Bill Walsh practically handpicked him to take over at Stanford and he only led them to a Rose Bowl and Pac-10 title. When's the last time Stanford got to, or won one of those? Don't get it twisted...before ND Willingham was highly respected, respected enough to land the ND job

Originally Posted by Lazy B

With that said, the Big East needs to give Notre Dame an ultimatum. Have the football team join the conference or have the rest of the member sports face expulsion. Its that simple.

I agree. I don't think it'll ever happen, but I agree.

Originally Posted by JinKazama

whoa, whoa, whooooooooooooooa who said it was a race issue? All I said was Ty didn't get the chance other ND coaches had, was race involved...who knows...no matter the reason the man was treated unfairly. Seeing as he was the first black ND head coach and got less of chance than any ND coach one would immediately assume it is race but I am sure (I hope) it was more than that...That's why I said draw your own conlusions. Dang...didn't even pull the race card and cats are hurt.

95% would do in the first place...hire him...what are you talking about, the guy coached professionally and in college before ND... Bill Walsh practically hand picked him to take over at Stanford and he only led them to a Rose Bowl and Pac-10 title. When's the last time Stanford got to, or won one of those? Don't get it twisted...before ND Willingham was highly respected, respected enough to land the ND job
please, we all know that is what you were referring to.

And my point was not specific to Ty...college's are not exactly running to black coaches to fill their head coaching spots. ND does, fires him and iscalled out on that when other schools won't even let a black coach interview for a job.

Yes, Bob Davie and Charlie got 2 more years than Ty. Fair? No, probably not.

But they all sucked.

Back
Top Bottom