Charlize Theron dressing her black adopted son in a blonde wig and dress...Vol...fam..

Seems like you're the one getting offended that Charlize Theron isn't raising her child to your liking.

Some of you dudes care way too much about things that aren't harming anyone else and have no bearing on your lives whatsoever.
Yeah, but then when we voice our opinions, people like you wana cry get all sensitive and act like a dude wit his weiner tucked should be able to use the wimmenz restroom, and a toddler that only knows sugar, cartoons and toys should be able to know if he likes boys or girls and wich one he wants to be.

Kids need to be kids, not be brainwashed all this bs.
How is this "brainwashing"?  You're acting like she's forcing him to wear a dress.  Kid clearly seems to like "feminine" things as evidenced in the video posted by sckid.

Better yet...how is telling your child that they can't wear certain things or play with certain toys not "brainwashing"?

The answer is that it IS brainwashing, it's just the type of brainwashing that you accept and support.  

You're right about two things though: kids should be allowed to be kids and should be able to figure out if they like boys or girls on their own.  The problem with your mindset is that you ignore that part of "letting kids be kids" is allowing them to explore and come to these decisions on their own.  The second you tell them they can't like certain things or explore certain routes, you're no longer letting them be kids.

For what? To show off for you guys? I honestly don't get what I had to gain by coming on here the way you two seem to think I did swinging my **** around and judging everyone.

I apologize if that's how I came off. I wouldn't want to condescend because there is no right answer to this question. it's a discussion...that would explain the grey in my response and probably why DC thinks I was just trying to gain some PC brownie points or something.

So I stand by my words, but I apologize if I was offensive.
I see being fake progressive is the new thing around here

This. Cats come in endorsing all sorts of foolishness not to ruffle any feathers. They are no different than the police who see their partners doing nonsense and turning a blind eye to it hoping not to ruffle any feathers.
This is it yall.

Anybody cosigning this or being progressive is no better than a cop ignoring racism, discrimination, and brutality committed by other cops.

CLOWN ******* fully engaged now.

If he wanted a dress, my first thought at this moment would be to have a conversation with him attempting to explain the complexities of things. I would like to think I'd buy it for him. the only thing that would be holding me back are my own insecurities as a man and social standards. I don't see a real reason to tell him no.

But like I said, I don't have children. I'm sure it's a completely different situation when you're in the moment, but when you ask me now what I'd do, I wouldn't tell my son no.
Just stop.
laugh.gif

This is when being too  understanding becomes a problem.

If you went to Target with your 5-year-old son and he said he wanted this dress:

I'm willing to bet that you would not  have a positive or even a neutral reaction. You would probably recoil in shock, disgust, and confusion, as I would, and as I imagine many other fathers would.

Would it be because you hate pink dresses? Probably not.

Would it be because you hate your son? Highly doubtful.

Would it be because you hate gay and/or transgender people? Possibly, although I certainly hope not.

Would it be because you want and expect your children to adhere to major social norms (gender identity / roles being one of them) for their long-term benefit? Of course! Among other things, the responsibility of parents is to guide children and teach them social norms so that they develop into well-adjusted, fully-functional members of this society that we all live in.

No parents want  their children to live life on the fringe (e.g. transgender people). We are all genetically predisposed to embrace social norms and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

For what? To show off for you guys? I honestly don't get what I had to gain by coming on here the way you two seem to think I did swinging my **** around and judging everyone.

I apologize if that's how I came off. I wouldn't want to condescend because there is no right answer to this question. it's a discussion...that would explain the grey in my response and probably why DC thinks I was just trying to gain some PC brownie points or something.

So I stand by my words, but I apologize if I was offensive.
I see being fake progressive is the new thing around here
This. Cats come in endorsing all sorts of foolishness not to ruffle any feathers. These the same cats who see unjust behavior going down and rather than speaking up, they sit aside going along with it hoping not to ruffle any feathers .
So explain to me your perspective. I didn't come at you sideways, so why not have a conversation with me about the issue instead of hopping in and making assumptions on what kind of person I am.

I don't know what I have to gain on an internet message board by being 'fake progressive.' If you disagree, that's fine. We can agree to disagree. But to quote me and then make an assumption about the kind of person I am based off nothing is the exact problem I mentioned earlier.

People are so quick to pass judgement on someone with limited information.

Last edited:
Yea.

Fighting people discriminating a boy wearing a dress and frozen cap is just the same as bad cops who turn the other cheek on police brutality.

You srsly can't make this $@$% up.

People think fighting discrimination is discrimination.

"How dare you try to change my old stubborn values for good ones!"

That's the thing for 2016 and beyond.

Last edited:

aids and africa is a whole nother discussion lets not go there
Yes it is and it's an irrelevant one when were are talking about one person Charlize Theron. I only brought it up to show that she is an alright person that is trying to do good and you want her to give up everything, but whatever. All though I disagree, I know what you mean.

If he wanted a dress, my first thought at this moment would be to have a conversation with him attempting to explain the complexities of things. I would like to think I'd buy it for him. the only thing that would be holding me back are my own insecurities as a man and social standards. I don't see a real reason to tell him no.

But like I said, I don't have children. I'm sure it's a completely different situation when you're in the moment, but when you ask me now what I'd do, I wouldn't tell my son no.
Just stop.
laugh.gif

This is when being too  understanding becomes a problem.

If you went to Target with your 5-year-old son and he said he wanted this dress:

I'm willing to bet that you would not  have a positive or even a neutral reaction. You would probably recoil in shock, disgust, and confusion, as I would, and as I imagine many other fathers would.

Would it be because you hate pink dresses? Probably not.

Would it be because you hate your son? Highly doubtful.

Would it be because you hate gay and/or transgender people? Possibly, although I certainly hope not.

Would it be because you want and expect your children to adhere to major social norms (gender identity / roles being one of them) for their long-term benefit? Of course! Among other things, the responsibility of parents is to guide children and teach them social norms so that they develop into well-adjusted, fully-functional members of this society that we all live in.

No parents want  their children to live life on the fringe (e.g. transgender people). We are all genetically predisposed to embrace social norms and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
I don't disagree with anything you said here. But when asked this question today, I would still answer the way I did earlier. I didn't say I'd start copping my son a female wardrobe. It's clearly a tough question to answer. I'm just not steadfast against it. Like I said earlier, I would take some time to try to explain all the nuances of it and put him in a situation where he can make a decision with as much information as I'm able to give to him.

Last edited:
How do you know she's an alright person?
Nobody here can answer that or otherwise. Her philanthropy efforts would point towards her being a good person but that doesn't always hold true.

Last edited:

Here we go smh... You sound like hand2hand
mean.gif
why the hell is my name being brought up in a thread i aint even post in??

i must stay on some of yall dudes minds 
sick.gif

laugh.gif

Do yo have kids?
No, not yet.
Your time >>>> your money
Do you live in the real world?

That statement makes it sound like you don't. Your children have to go to school, you have to go to work in order to pay for their school, food, and clothing.

Ironic thing about your flawed statement is if you had more money/were really rich you'd be able to spend more time with your children if you chose to. You could home school them and spend twice as much time with them than the average parents do.

Lets be serious now and not lean on empty platitudes. You know, face reality when it comes to this issue. I don't event know when this became about spending time with your children being less important than having money. You were a child yourself. Every important experience and life lesson didn't come solely from your parents. They came from teachers, fellow students, summer camp, and the odd job or two.

Also, I think it's worth pointing out that this kid has a huge safety net -- his mother is a multi-million dollar actress. Neither Charlize nor him ever have to worry about conforming to social norms because they have enough money to sustain them if society were to completely shun them.

Do you think this would happen if she were a single mother making $30k per year in Alabama? Doubtful.

If they in walmart or wherever rich white people shop and little man points to a nice sundress and she buys it for him how is she the one making the decision? If she tells him "No you can't wear that dress" then she's making a decision for the child.

They sale guns in Walmart too,if he told his mom he's done with nerf guns he wants the real thing should she agree?

Or what if he Said mom I want to eat pedigree instead of frosted flakes for breakfast.

There's a clear distinction between toys for girls and toys for girls. How is this not clear for clothes?

If they in walmart or wherever rich white people shop and little man points to a nice sundress and she buys it for him how is she the one making the decision? If she tells him "No you can't wear that dress" then she's making a decision for the child.
They sale guns in Walmart too,if he told his mom he's done with nerf guns he wants the real thing should she agree?

Or what if he Said mom I want to eat pedigree instead of frosted flakes for breakfast.

There's a clear distinction between toys for girls and toys for girls. How is this not clear for clothes?
The gun analogy is moronic.  If you can't tell the difference between a gun and a dress in the context of this discussion, there's no hope for you.

The pedigree analogy I could rock with.  Pedigree is safe for humans to eat, and arguably much healthier than Frosted Flakes
laugh.gif
.  Does it taste like ****? Yes. But I'd let lil man learn that lesson the hard way.

No one harmed + no bearing on my own life= not my concern.

Back
Top Bottom