Charlize Theron dressing her black adopted son in a blonde wig and dress...Vol...fam..

As sketchy as these things can be, i'm ok with lil man playing Magic Jr in a comfy home as opposed to the potential life of poverty and a child soldier. Her kid at the end of the day.

Believe it or not but not every african lives a life of poverty and uses children as soldiers. That was pretty offensive imo.
im sure the type of african child who is in a position to be adopted by somebody in another country isn't necessarily destined for a successful and productive life

This was my thought, no offense intended. Seems fairly obvious, but I understand the NT way. Mellow out my dudes, workday already stressful, I visit here to escape that.

As sketchy as these things can be, i'm ok with lil man playing Magic Jr in a comfy home as opposed to the potential life of poverty and a child soldier. Her kid at the end of the day.

Believe it or not but not every african lives a life of poverty and uses children as soldiers. That was pretty offensive imo.
im sure the type of african child who is in a position to be adopted by somebody in another country isn't necessarily destined for a successful and productive life

And how exactly are you sure of this?

Oh you're sure of that are you? You been to africa?

What would all these black folks do if the white man didnt come save them from themselves? I bet the slave masters had similar sentiments. Your comment was equally offensive if not more.

This was my thought, no offense intended. Seems fairly obvious, but I understand the NT way. Mellow out my dudes, workday already stressful, I visit here to escape that.

Had it been some little mexican kid and i made comments about him otherwise living in poverty or cutting peoples heads off i would imagine you wouldnt be so mellow.

Oh you're sure of that are you? You been to africa?

What would all these black folks do if the white man didnt come save them from themselves? I bet the slave masters had similar sentiments. Your comment was equally offensive if not more.

You literally read my mind

[quote name="RetroSneaks26" url="/t/652769/charlize-theron-dressing-her-black-adopted-son-in-a-blonde-wig-and-dress-vol-fam#post_26386456]it was probably the kids idea.[/quote]

Had it been some little mexican kid and i made comments about him otherwise living in poverty or cutting peoples heads off i would imagine you wouldnt be so mellow.

I would be, if he was adopted from a village torn by drug dealers and their savagery. You're upset and offended as if we're the perpetrators of the system, or we were actually talking down to Africa in general. This is strictly to the history of white hollywood African adoptions, where the race AND the story of struggle they saved them from is worn like a badge of honor. I'm not insinuating at all that's what Africa is about, but I sense you all know that.

Im not really all that upset with you, i was just sayin. At least you can admitt your comments were based of the stereotypical and predjudice portrayals of africans in white media. And that you should have known better. :D

Im not really all that upset with you, i was just sayin. At least you can admitt your comments were based of the stereotypical and predjudice portrayals of africans in white media. And that you should have known better. :D

No, Hollywood's adoption and selection process is based on the stereotypical and prejudice portrayal of Africans in the media. The juicier the story the better to parade around like a mascot. This is actually what they go for, it's the reason they choose to adopt from that continent. I addressed that actual history, not perpetrating the stereotype like you're forcing yourself to believe for arguments sake.

Parents like this are idiots.

How you gona raise a lil boy to think its ok and normal to rock dresses and wigs.

You settin him up for failure.
This kid is gonna be rich. Probably gonna be an actor or model. Failure is already present given how well he has it. Worst case he has a drug problem. I mean maybe he's not learning how to be a man but is he learning to be responsible?

Not saying she's a bad parent or again giving this a pass but in the class this kid is raised in he's more likely to end up like Jaden Smith.

So in that I sense it's who cares? Only reason pics are being taken is cuz it's famous white actress with her black African adopted son.

There's a level of first world problems going on here.

And how exactly are you sure of this?
In what scenario is being up for adoption a situation of hope in a country that's 1st world or 3rd world?

I don't think it's a reach to assume that if your up for adoption living in foster homes that you're starting on a level playing field.

Last edited:

No, Hollywood's adoption and selection process is based on the stereotypical and prejudice portrayal of Africans in the media. The juicier the story the better to parade around like a mascot. This is actually what they go for, it's the reason they choose to adopt from that continent. I addressed that actual history, not perpetrating the stereotype like you're forcing yourself to believe for arguments sake.

Ah i see what your saying now. Could be, you dont know thats the case here though. As a matter of fact i doubt you even know what country this child is from let alone which village and the conditions there. Which makes it seem like your just assuming any and every african child is destined to live in poverty or be a child soldier. You can continue to defend the comment if you'd like, i thought it was offensive, do with that what you will.

Its obvious that her son loves Elsa. It's also obvious that she's letting hee son do whatever he wants to instead of parenting.

Last edited:
maybe its because i don't have kids but what would be an appropriate response in this situation? like no costumes in public in general? keep it to halloween? 

What would u do if you called your kid downstairs to go to the grocery store and he walked down like that

Ah i see what your saying now. Could be, you dont know thats the case here though. As a matter of fact i doubt you even know what country this child is from let alone which village and the conditions there. Which makes it seem like your just assuming any and every african child is destined to live in poverty or be a child soldier. You can continue to defend the comment if you'd like, i thought it was offensive, do with that what you will.

Just talking about Hollywood here, but ehh, it is what it is.

At least you can admitt your comments were based of the stereotypical and predjudice portrayals of orphans.
agreed
So you were talking about all orphans from any country? Not african children like you specifically said? K.
orphans from any country will most likely do better in life being adopted by multimillionaires in a 1st world country period

but dont let logic stop you from arguing whatever point you're trying to make

Just let him be. He seems to like the color pink and looks happy 

Last edited:
If this little guy wants to wear dresses and play with dolls, I'm happy he has a mother that allows him to do so. 

Now if she was/is forcing this upon him, that would be horrible. 

Back
Top Bottom