Cheap things you do vol. every dollar counts

What's their new scheme? I literally go to Starbucks once a year: On my birthday since I get a free drink. They lost their mind with their pricing a good 20 years ago. 🤣
Now, when you go to checkout, they've included the tip on the payment confirmation screen, so the cashier has to push a button to complete the order. So they see if you tip or not.

I've been shamelessly hitting no, but what if it's one of these disgruntled ticky tocks. They might just go into the back and spit in your oatmilk and come back steam it up in your drink and serve it to you.

Now, when you go to checkout, they've included the tip on the payment confirmation screen, so the cashier has to push a button to complete the order. So they see if you tip or not.

I've been shamelessly hitting no, but what if it's one of these disgruntled ticky tocks. They might just go into the back and spit in your oatmilk and come back steam it up in your drink and serve it to you.

I've been hitting no lately as well. I'm done with them.

Like I said, I haven't been to a Starbucks regularly in forever, but every Starbucks I've ever been to, actually, every coffee shop I've been to since forever, the drink is made right there in front of you. 👀

Like I said, I haven't been to a Starbucks regularly in forever, but every Starbucks I've ever been to, actually, every coffee shop I've been to since forever, the drink is made right there in front of you. 👀
Yes, but what's to stop them from conveniently running out of something and having to go to the back to get it?

Speaking of Starbucks, I usually go in the mornings for my coffee, I drink it there but right before I leave, I ask for a free refill. I take the new refill and give it to a girl at work and score points with her.

Yes, but what's to stop them from conveniently running out of something and having to go to the back to get it?
They would presumably hand to ruin the entire container of whatever it was they were getting. 👀 Have you worked in food service in the last 20ish years?

No, they can poor out into smaller container and contaminate that.
Absolutely. Look it's obviously possible, but with how many cameras there are in these places now, mostly to monitor employee stealing and sexual harassment type ****, a customer would have to be a SEVERE ***hole for an employee to go in the back to get product that they really don't need but they're trying to punish the customer, find a separate cup or storage container or something, spit in it or whatever you're thinking, open this new product, pour a little bit of it in this defiled container that they have, bring that up front and make the customer's drink.

I'm not going to say 'Chill. That's impossible.'

It's possible. HIGHLY implausible, though.

That they aren't paid enough is a separate problem. There can be more than 1 problem at a time.
Exactly what I was thinking, it's bad enough people bragging about not tipping. Personally, if I sit down and get service at a restaurant or go to the bar and order a drink I tip. Takeout I'm not tipping. But the fact that this might be (because I'm not aware of other countries) the only industrialized country where tipping is needed because the establishment isn't paying it's employees livable wages. Why should customers be on the hook for whether these workers go home not being able to pay their bills or not? Don't they have a boss who should take care of that?

I don’t go to starbz anyways. We have caribou here which is better and the company is probably scum still but not as scummy as Starbucks.

I almost always tip a dollar or two at local coffee shops.

which I can afford because I didn't need to drive a car to get there.

I’ve never tipped a day in my life seeing the waiters face after leaving no tip is such a satisfying feeling
50AEF45D-E048-46B4-80CA-4D16F7ADC0A8.gif

Back
Top Bottom