**CHIEF KEEF**

The Chief Keef/Lupe Fiasco argument is a slippery slope either way.
EDIT:
NO, Lupe wasn't talking about physical features. Lu was more less talking about his mentality.
Don't stereotype no matter who your try to put it...You said "everyone" than said "not EVERYONE".

He actually made a comment about his "dreads" that's a physical attribute. I'm not going after you - I see you point.

He's right in the broader sense that its much deeper than just Keef and some other ignorant teenagers....but Lu came from the same streets as he did and didn't turn up like that, didn't Common grow up in inner city Chicago too? Its not necessarily blaming the kids for the problems but they certainly contribute to the vicious cycle of violence....an individual doesn't have to become what he's surrounded by, its just much easier to go to what you know and see all around you...the kids need guidance but you have to know inside yourself the image and lifestyle you portray isn't benefitting the community or probably your family and things you have still in those hoods. I don't care if you're 15, 17, or 20 you have your own mind and can make decisions on your own its a little too convenient to just blame the entire environment..plenty of other teens go down positive paths who came from the exact same circumstance as dudes like Keef and this JoJo rapper so its not universally wrapping everyone up into it. They aren't the direct cause of it but they damn sure are a part of the problem and certainly aren't contributing to a possible solution

Lu and Common both come from good families.

Keef's mom and dad are 31 and 32 respectively. You do the math.

He's right in the broader sense that its much deeper than just Keef and some other ignorant teenagers....but Lu came from the same streets as he did and didn't turn up like that, didn't Common grow up in inner city Chicago too? Its not necessarily blaming the kids for the problems but they certainly contribute to the vicious cycle of violence....an individual doesn't have to become what he's surrounded by, its just much easier to go to what you know and see all around you...the kids need guidance but you have to know inside yourself the image and lifestyle you portray isn't benefitting the community or probably your family and things you have still in those hoods. I don't care if you're 15, 17, or 20 you have your own mind and can make decisions on your own its a little too convenient to just blame the entire environment..plenty of other teens go down positive paths who came from the exact same circumstance as dudes like Keef and this JoJo rapper so its not universally wrapping everyone up into it. They aren't the direct cause of it but they damn sure are a part of the problem and certainly aren't contributing to a possible solution

Lu and Common both come from good families.

Keef's mom and dad are 31 and 32 respectively. You do the math.

Ok thanks, see I didn't know that, that definitely contributes to how he acts as well...but at the same time I have a cousin who's from southwest Philly raised by a single mom who had him at 16 yrs old and had a drug problem, dude is in a masters program now and so I can't say its impossible to not go down a certain path when you have odds stacked against you...Keef's behavior like laughing when somebody your age just lost their life over some stupid teenage "beef" has nothing to do with having young parents its just ignorant and foolish. I kind of agree with what Lu said about the situation, while I'm not from the Chi.....even in his responses to Keef you could see he didn't mean it to say Keef himself is the sole issue, he just doesn't want to see another person go down a path thats probably not gonna end well for him

[h1]Lil JoJo slain in Chicago; cops look at Chief Keef’s Tweets[/h1]
BY MARK KONKOL, KIM JANSSEN  AND ALLISON HORTON Staff Reporters September 5, 2012 10:20PM
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

[h5]Article Extras[/h5]
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

View Gallery

[h4]Related Stories[/h4]
Updated: September 6, 2012 10:44AM

Chicago police are investigating possible connections between the Tuesday slaying of a teen rapper, a raging Englewood gang conflict and a mocking Tweet on the account of the victim’s rap rival — rising South Side star Chief Keef, sources told the Chicago Sun-Times.

Joseph Coleman, known as “Lil JoJo” in the rap world, was gunned down near 69th and Princeton, about a block from where Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson grew up and where her family was slain in 2008.

Witnesses said Coleman, 18, was riding double on a bike — standing on the back — when a car pulled up and someone fired six or seven shots at about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Coleman was hit in the back before running to a nearby home, where he later died outside as witnesses screamed “JoJo!” witnesses said.

A witness said the shots came from an tan, older model, four-door Ford Taurus that was riding low in the back.

After Coleman collapsed, people came to his aid. There was little blood, but Coleman’s eyes were dilated, cold and fixed. “It was the like the look of death,” another witness said.

When asked if he could hear them, Coleman attempted to nod. Paramedics arrived about 10 minutes later, witnesses said, and Coleman was still breathing and gurgling. But he later died.

Hours after the murder, on Chief Keef’s Twitter account, a message was posted saying, “Its Sad Cuz Dat N---- Jojo Wanted To Be Jus Like Us #LMAO.”

LMAO is slang for “laughing my *** off.”

That Tweet drew angry responses among Chief Keef’s 224,000 Twitter followers.

His account later carried Tweets claiming it had been hacked and saying, “If u dnt talk 2 me or dro my manager … it’s not real.”

The 17-year-old, Chicago-born Chief Keef — whose real name is Keith Cozart — signed a record deal in June with Interscope, the same rap label of superstars including Dr. Dre, 50 Cent, Eminem and Diddy.

Keef’s manager, Rovan Manuel, told the Sun-Times he was unaware of the controversy. It wasn’t until being told about the Tweet by the Sun-Times that Manuel realized why his phone rang incessantly Wednesday. His number was posted on Chief Keef’s Twitter page.

But Manuel told the Sun-Times he didn’t believe the message meant “anything personally.” He said Keef had a beef with JoJo only because “that kid made songs like Keef.”

“A lot of the stuff Keef does, that’s just cause he’s a kid,” Manuel said. “People forget that he’s a kid, a teenager … and kids make mistakes. He makes mistakes the hard way.”

Chicago police officers were on the street Wednesday night looking for Coleman’s killer. Police are looking to see if his murder is connected to an ongoing conflict in Englewood between the Gangster Disciples and Black Disciples street gangs that has been playing out in a series of threats on social media sites.

“Two gangs are fighting each other, going at each other all over the Internet and this is all stemming from that,” a police source said.

Police are also looking into whether Coleman had gang affiliations, and whether Keef or any of his associates are connected to the gang conflict or Coleman’s murder, the source said.

Many of Chief Keef’s Tweets include a hashtag notation “#300” — a known reference, police say, to the Black Disciples street gang. And Coleman appears to have been warring online with the Black Disciples for months.

On a YouTube account purporting to belong to Coleman, a video of the rapper and other teens brandishing automatic weapons was posted on May 25. Coleman may have tempted fate, taunting the 300 factions of the Black Disciples gang.

“These n----s claim 300 but we BDK,” Coleman raps repeatedly in the video. BDK is street slang for “Black Disciple Killers.”

And just hours before he was killed, a video of a street confrontation between Coleman and another teen was posted on the same YouTube account.

Coleman’s family says the teen arguing with Coleman in the video is a rapper friend of Chief Keef’s.

An earlier video purports to show Coleman chasing the same rapper and another man who Coleman’s family say is also pal of Chief Keef’s.

Coleman’s grieving mom, Robin Russell, said she was aware of the beef between her son, Chief Keef and his allies — but not how serious the dispute had become.

“I want justice for my son,” the stunned mother said as mourners gathered at her Altgeld Gardens public housing complex rowhouse Wednesday night. “It’s a stupid and senseless killing.

Russell said she’d heard there were people willing to pay for her son’s murder.

“It wasn’t a gang thing, it was a rap thing,” she said. “My son was going to get a rap deal like some of them have and they were jealous.”

Russell said her son grew up in Englewood and attended Robeson High School with an ally of Chief Keef’s. He was visiting with friends and was riding on a pal’s bike when he was killed, relatives said.

He’d recently been discussing a record deal with star rapper Waka Flocka and Brick Squad, his mom added. He hoped to earn enough money to take his mom, three sisters and two brothers to live in Florida, she said.

Coleman’s aunt Sonia Mares-DuBose said Coleman had been trying to “do like a Tupac and Biggie thing and get under the skin” of his rivals, but not to provoke violence.

Coleman’s family was well aware of the Tweets on Chief Keef’s account following the slaying. And upset.

“How do you go on Twitter and brag about it?” she said.

In Keef’s responses on his account, Chicago-born rap star Lupe Fiasco was called out, with the Keef account posting: “wen I see him I’ma smack him like da lil b---- he is #300.”

On his account, Fiasco, who recently told a radio station he was scared of the violence Chief Keef represents, replied “I cant go 4 that @ChiefKeef & i cant let the people i love, including you my n----, go 4 that either. We kings not f------ savages and goons”

Later, Fiasco sounded despondent — and done with rap, Tweeting: “but my heart is broken and i see no comfort further along this path only more pain. I cannot participate any longer in this... My first true love was literature so i will return to that...lupe fiasco ends here...”

Late Wednesday, rapper 50 Cent Tweeted to Chief Keef: “if you still in new York come see me”

Contributing: Michael Lansu

I feel bad for Jojo's mom. She seems unaware of exactly what her son was involved in. Your son is on YouTube w/ about 200 ****** shouting BDK all holding automatic weapons.

Rap beef...this was not.

Last edited:
Don't know if any of y'all follow Killer Mike on twitter, but he tweeted this yesterday. Not in defense of Keef, but just in regards to the whole situation.

10h Killer Mike ‏@KillerMikeGTO
Any adult that Blames a Child from Chicago on the current state of affairs has NO IDEA of what Chicago has been About for 60 yrs. Wake Up.

Killer Mike ‏@KillerMikeGTO
White Flight, Mafia Mayors, Poverty Pimps, Drugs, Sabotaged Civic leaders, Gangs, Smh us saying a Child caused the crime in Chicago. #Think

Man come on Killer Mike. You know he wasn't saying Chief Keef is causing all the crimes in Chicago. He isn't blaming him he is pointing out that Keef is embodying and perpetuating the violence and misguided youth that is in chicago.

Let these lil ninjas rock man. Y'all don't really give a **** about these kids anyway, if this is how **** is supposed to play out, just let it be.

Man come on Killer Mike. You know he wasn't saying Chief Keef is causing all the crimes in Chicago. He isn't blaming him he is pointing out that Keef is embodying and perpetuating the violence and misguided youth that is in chicago.

Don't think Mike was even talking about Lupe tho.

A lot of people on twitter have been trying to blame chicago's violence on Keef (and similar artists) music..

Let these lil ninjas rock man. Y'all don't really give a **** about these kids anyway, if this is how **** is supposed to play out, just let it be.

C'mon bro that attitude contributes to the problem just as much...teenagers shouldn't have to die that's not how "stuff is supposed to play out" cuz now bet there will be retaliation and some over mother will probably lose their young child :smh:

The problem is Lu went on the radio to do it. Dudes is both in the industry and from the same city, all it takes is maybe 3 phone calls to connect them.
What Lupe said is absolutely correct, but calling out people (especially somebody like Keef) publicly on the radio ain't gonna get you a good result, as we saw.

u said exactly how i feel, just couldnt word it and u hit it right on the nail. 

only tweet thats really gonna hurt him is the #richn_sh!@, thats implying a PAID hit which is 1st degree(pre-med) and conspiracy and the feds can come in and hit those dudes with rico and terrorism. chi is real

not suprised at all this non sense..

those tweets should give you an idea of these types of people :smh:

Bang Bang :rolleyes

Don't think Mike was even talking about Lupe tho.
A lot of people on twitter have been trying to blame chicago's violence on Keef (and similar artists) music..

Exactly. I saw a dude with the God Forgives I Don't cover as his avi go on a full fledged rant about how damaging Keef was to society and I'm just sitting there like :rolleyes

I dont think keef reese or who ever is rapping did it..more than likely it was some young dude around the age of 15 looking to put in work

But im sure they know who did it

Last edited:
Damn its getting ruthless in the city... I know not to go past IIT or US cellular in general when back on break lol. I never knew keef and his crew were about that life

Let the animals kill each other. that kid jojos mom doesn't wanna know the truth bc the truth is her kids on youtube with automatic guns and it'd be too easy to see that your son is a monster.

I'm from the crib...All I'm saying is you:

1) Don't shout out BDK, GDK, MLDK, CK, whatever K and get away with it in person.....Now what you think is gonna happen when you outchea on youtube with a video that has 576,000 views shouting it for the city to see? F the world, the CITY...Where you have to walk, eat, sleep? You basically a doner...

2) You don't roll up on the other cats block making videos and getting into it with em unless you are strapped up, or REALLY bout that life....

That's like a gazelle teasing a lion when he's hungry...end well it will not

Supposedly these mogs on twitter said they "put 16 in em for every year he was alive..and the 17th one was for ya head rest in piss" 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom