Chinese New Year 12s

Nah. The details are subtle but really dope. Bamboo used throughout the shoe. The textured mudguard. I much prefer this to JB doing nonsense like pink Just Dons.

The Bamboo was a nice touch. I recall when the white Jordan 29's dropped that used bamboo.
It does add a nice touch to the shoes and hope JB will use it more often.

JB 29 Bamboo's

View media item 2328044

Price was a factor

Definitely. They drop Js almost every week now, they dropped 150+ retros last year alone. People are more inclined to go after the next sneaker they like at retail rather than paying a mark up. Only the most limited, highly sought after collabs and the like keep the steep resale.

These are nice, as I'm sure anyone that purchased them for personal use would agree. I wore them for 3 or 4 days straight after I got em. They look similar to taxi, but I still consider them to be 2 different models. I like the extra detail put on these and even the reflective upper. But I would also like a true representation of the OG taxi, with a nice white leather and proper shape. But, I watched Jordan play live on TV back in the 80s and 90s.. so there's some nostalgia to it as well.

People should buy and wear what they like, regardless of their value or availability.

$350. But prices on stockx and goat $400

Size 8.5 is down to $305 on GOAT - price dropped out the bottom this week. Prices on GOAT and StockX for ALOT of retros dropped this week, my suspicion is due to the Yeezy release, possible that people wanted to off their resell kicks to cop the Yeezy Bred, just an thought.

Am I the only one who thinks these look a lil doper than Taxis? I think the different color strip makes em pop a lil more.

I like the CNY 12 more because the small details are nicer, such as wood accents and leather insoles. I do like the Taxi laces better, they were more waxy and would defiantly stand up better to staining. Another thing I love about the Taxi is that they are tough as hell, tanks - stand up to staining, creases, scuffs and heavy wear. A little Jason Mark and scrubbing and they look brand new. The CNY 12's just seem like they will cease, stain, scuff more to me - IMO, mostly because of the 3M.

Don't know where they came from other than StockX Authentication - I assume it's trustworthy, due to their success, first time I used them.

View media item 2329819View media item 2329820View media item 2329821View media item 2329822View media item 2329823

Nah. The details are subtle but really dope. Bamboo used throughout the shoe. The textured mudguard. I much prefer this to JB doing nonsense like pink Just Dons.

Totally agree about the subtle details! I love all the small details on this shoe and that box! Oh man that box is nice! Anyone else notice how plush these laces feel compared to the regular 12 laces.

Did any other Chinese members have to take a second before purchasing these on Chinese New Years Day? Some background for non Chinese members. Supposedly it's bad luck to by shoes during Chinese New Years because shoes is Chinese sounds like "rough" meaning you will have a rough year. I was extra generous at the temple on new years eve to hopefully offset any bad luck lol. Wish me luck!

Honestly, I expected this - scuffs or glue spots really do a number on the 3M. Creasing is defiantly gonna be an issue as well.

I just got the time to take photos with flash from all angles and focused on some suspect spots I could see on the shoe. You can't really see it without flash or visible 3M reflection, but it's still annoying when ur paying $250+ for a shoe. I assume this happend possibly during shipping - each shoe was wrapped in a pretty coarse paper. A dust bag would have been ideal.

View media item 2331177View media item 2331178View media item 2331179View media item 2331180
Not that disappointed honestly, still content with the purchase all-in-all.

Honestly, I expected this - scuffs or glue spots really do a number on the 3M. Creasing is defiantly gonna be an issue as well.

I just got the time to take photos with flash from all angles and focused on some suspect spots I could see on the shoe. You can't really see it without flash or visible 3M reflection, but it's still annoying when ur paying $250+ for a shoe. I assume this happend possibly during shipping - each shoe was wrapped in a pretty coarse paper. A dust bag would have been ideal.

View media item 2331177View media item 2331178View media item 2331179View media item 2331180
Not that disappointed honestly, still content with the purchase all-in-all.

Your pair isn't too bad. My NDC pair has a nasty prescuff on the toe box. Visible when no flash and an eye sore when flashed on. With the price tag of $273 after tax I can't keep them. Very nice shoe. If my pair looked liked yours I'd keep them.

Your pair isn't too bad. My NDC pair has a nasty prescuff on the toe box. Visible when no flash and an eye sore when flashed on. With the price tag of $273 after tax I can't keep them. Very nice shoe. If my pair looked liked yours I'd keep them.

I'm defiantly keeping them, I just wanted to point out the issues on mine so others could check theirs and make the decision, if they had issues and so on. I always go over shoes with that have a large amount of 3M material. I got my girl a pair of OG NA 5's and it had a huge glue stain under the 3M right across the tongue - not really visbale without flash, but horrible with, exchanged them for another pair.

I've just become accustomed to always check.

Last edited:
Most likely happens during shipping. And that always happens to 3M shoes, you gonna have to live with it or send it back

Most likely happens during shipping. And that always happens to 3M shoes, you gonna have to live with it or send it back

There is a familiar member I haven't seen in ages lol

I'm not even contemplating sending it back, I'm gonna keep them. I figured I would post so others were aware.

Before I purchased them I expected some issues with the 3M, I always look for it.

Has anybody with smaller feet been tempted to pick up the GS pair? I'm on the fence about picking up an 8.5, since these have dropped so much in price lately. The men's 8.5 is down to $300 on GOAT, GS is down to $190.

11.5 from KC came in today. Exactly 10 days from order confirm to door step with the $30 shipping option.  Shoe is well executed imo.  One of my favorite pick ups of the last few months.

There is a familiar member I haven't seen in ages lol

Havent really been in the shoe threads since ive cut back on buying since beginning of last year. Im around though lurking :lol:

11.5 from KC came in today.

They had an 11.5 :wow:

How is the sizing on these, they .5 big like most 12s? Well for me at least all my 12s are .5 big so i have them in 11.5 opposed to my natural sz 12

I see sz 12 droppin lower n lower but that 11.5 wont budge lol

Last edited:
12's have always run big for me...

JB defiantly seems to be ******* with sizes lately though, I've noticed I have been going up/down in a lot of retro's.

i agree, most 12s run big for me too. i go .5 down on 12s. i think only with the nylon/neoprene 12s i had to go tts at 11 instead of 10.5

Funny you guys say they run .5 big, because I bought .5 UP on Flu Games when FNL had a fluke sale on them ($155 a couple mos. ago), and they fit perfectly. I mean TTS (sz 10) would have probably fit fine, too, if a bit snug, but my 10.5 fit great.

Havent really been in the shoe threads since ive cut back on buying since beginning of last year. Im around though lurking
laugh.gif

They had an 11.5
eek.gif

How is the sizing on these, they .5 big like most 12s? Well for me at least all my 12s are .5 big so i have them in 11.5 opposed to my natural sz 12

I see sz 12 droppin lower n lower but that 11.5 wont budge lol
Yessir! Friday before last.  I was checking back periodically, looking for a 12 when 11.5 briefly popped up.  Jumped on it.  I think a couple weeks back size 12s were still hovering around $375.

I mean, sizing is relivent ultimately - but depending on the retro and year to year - it's easily noticeable there is a drastic size difference.

As an example I could never fit into a size 8 2012 Bred 11 comfortably, but this year my Jams are a size 8 and fit perfectly.

As a rule of thumb, for myself - I can always trust 12's will be comfortable, even when sizing down - but too big when sizing up.

Of course materials do play a big part in that - and leather usually fits looser. Haven't tried on the suede, wool or neoprene 12's - but I would be curious to see.

And the more I see those neoprene 12's the more I regret passing - really dope shoe IMO that went by under the radar.

Last edited:
Wide footer here and I needed to half size up on them. Tried them on yesterday with my tts and the length was fine but was hitting the side of my pinky toe. These didnt look it look it would stretch so grabbed the next size up for the sake of my pinky toe, even though I got extra length. Thick Nike elite socks will fill in the gap nicely. Thought it was weird coz I stayed tts on flu games and french blues.

I can't wear Nike elite socks with retro's - way too thick for my taste.

I always buy Ralph Lauren poly/cotton blend. They are thin, breathe well and don't leave those pain in the *** little fuzz balls on your sock liner.

I'm looking for a stain repellant for the 3M, I'm very hesistant to use just anything. I have Markk Repel but it doesn't say jack about 3M material, can't find anything that does.

Last edited:
Man i wanna go on that sz 12 cuz i know its about to dip below 300, but then again i dont want extra room sonce every retro 12 ive always .5 down in. With these being made differently than those leather ones in the past im 2nd guessing

Man i wanna go on that sz 12 cuz i know its about to dip below 300, but then again i dont want extra room sonce every retro 12 ive always .5 down in. With these being made differently than those leather ones in the past im 2nd guessing

I haven't tried mine on yet, but I will when I get home and I'll let you know if I feel they are TTS or not.

Back
Top Bottom