Chris Paul is the best point guard in the NBA

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

im not trying to discredit cp3, but david west was always a good player and capable of being an allstar. no doubt cp3 helped out with that, but david west puts in work.

Come on fam, I know what you're saying and all, and David West is good... but to think that he's always been capable of being an All Star, in theWestern Conference, is kinda reaching just a little bit. When you got guys like Amare, Dirk, Boozer, Duncan... and all of a sudden you can throw David Westsname into that group, you KNOW he got a lil help from CP3.

^You named Amare, Dirk, Boozer and Duncan and then you stopped which is why West made the team (as a replacement) because there aren't that many qualityforwards in the West after those you named. It's obvious that he was a hometown pick because of the game being in New Orleans and because of the sympathyNO will get for a while. West is good, like really good, and when you consider the Hornets record he had to be considered as a forward doing damage in theWest.

Nash is a defensive liability, which negatively affects his team. He also is inferior ballhandler. Steve even claimed that Stephon Marbury is a better player than him, so I have no idea why you think he is better than Chris Paul.

Chris Paul owns Nash, stop slurping.

Again...
NT once again proves that when person B offers an opinion that person A either doesn't like or disagrees with, person A acts like an unruly brat trying to "disprove" person B's opinion. Typical garbage.
You have no idea why I think Nash is better than Paul? Me thinking Nash is the best PG is "slurping"?
laugh.gif
Unbelievable.

It's called opinion, friend. Someone could say you're slurping Paul, but you are entitled to think he's the best PG, correct? That's yourright to an opinion.

I haven't seen him play much, but I've seen enough that it would be hard for me to disagree. I saw him play the entire game against the Lakers when hehad 21 assists and it really did seem like he was doing whatever he wanted. I was really impressed with how under control he was -- just got to where hewanted without forcing things. I'm going to enjoy watching him for a long time.

Exactly, dudes going to be scary in the upcoming years. If he's already dominating right now, think of 4 years from now
eek.gif

Dudes now days get GASSED off one year. I mean He's definitely the best PG this year but that doesn't put him over the likes of JKidd or Nash. In anyway, shape, or form. It's ridiculous to even suggest it really. Almost like the people saying that Bron is the best player in the league because of thisyear. NO. You become the best by SUSTAINED success not a year. With that said I think he'll be the best within the next couple years....given he keepsperforming at this level. I just think it's foolish to hand over a crown without any accomplishments or sustained success. Actually it sybomlizes the mainproblem with the NBA post-Jordan.

He's the second coming of Zeke. You gotta respect the effort he gives on both ends of the court. It looks so easy for him but you can tell he puts in thework. The scary part is he's not even close to his prime.

I would say that Chris Paul & Tony Parker ARE THE BEST point guards in the NBA. I'm looking forward for a Spurs-Hornets series in the semifinal round.

Originally Posted by grandkenyon

Agreed. Iverson (if considered a PG) in a close 2nd though... dude is unbelievable...
pimp.gif

To be considered the best point guard one must possess the abilities to get the other 4 guys on the floor with you the best opportunities to score and stillbe able to get those buckets yourself if the opportunity presents itself and the opposing defense covers the 4 other guys that assist you. Iverson iseliminated from consideration because he's really a shooting guard, a damn good one too.

AI is the best 6' and under scoring guard ever in the NBA. He deserves credit for this, but I just don't see how he makes the other 4 guys on thecourt with him better on the offensive end. When you are so good at scoring like AI, he tends to focus on where he has to move to get his shot rather thenwhere he has to move to create a shot for his teammates. When you watch Paul he's always looking at the rim with his body, but his eyes are darting aroundthe court identifying yellow shirts and where the opponents colors are cutting off the angles. It's a real pleasure to watch.

Bulls are out, but the playoffs look awesome this season. I'm looking forward to the action tomorrow.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Told you.
Before this season, I would have yelled Nash or Kidd.

But, after seeing this dude play on numerous occasions, I agree with the thread starter and KLJ.

This dude is crafty with the rock, and basically does whatever he wants. Especially on the pick and roll. He'll either drain the J if you go under the pick, or dribble into the lane if you over play the pick, and he'll just lob it to Chandler for the alley oop or drive it in himself.

Dude is unstoppable.

Same Here

Considering Williams is the better defender (steals are overrated) and he has better rebounders I stand by the statement that Paul is second best.

But both players could excell in both systems.

If you think steals are overrated, there's still assists, or maybe that's overrated too, and the overall offense game that CP3 has over D-Will.

D-Will is nice, but he's behind the top tier of PG's, Paul, Nash and Kidd.

For now, yes, CP3 is the best in the League. I'm excited to see how he's going to do in Playoffs. If it's a bust, then I guess I was wrong.

I love CP3s game and thanks to League Pass I've made a point to see him play often, but to me Deron can do everything CP3 can do but has consistent 3 ptrange. I know this is not the measuring stick of PGs but its nice to know that your floor general can step out consistently and knock those down especially incrunch time (i.e. Final Four 2005 vs. Arizona).
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
CP3 is quicker though but I never seen Deron havin problems gettin to any spot on the court and has much more upper body strength.

Originally Posted by franchise3

If you think steals are overrated, there's still assists, or maybe that's overrated too, and the overall offense game that CP3 has over D-Will.

D-Will is nice, but he's behind the top tier of PG's, Paul, Nash and Kidd.
Williams is better than Kidd and Nash. Assists are a bit overrated, Williams gets his team into the O without problem though. Williams is a betterdefender. Paul averages about 1 assist a game more that aint a clear advantage considering that the Hornets have no player other than Paul who's strengthis creating his own shot. Utah is a better team on offense. Think that Williams isnt a major reason? The year before Williams came they had Boozer, AK47,Okur,Harpring etc and finished 26-56 first year 41-41 next year after that (Williams second year) 51-31 now 54-28. Williams is the most important player to theJazz,and considering the fact that everytime they have ever played either Paul or his team gets exposed I perfer Williams.

Back
Top Bottom