Chris Rock is the Best Black Comedian Of Our Time Vol. Sorry Chappelle

Love Chris Rock, but I Chappelle is just my cup of tea.
I literally approach life with Chappelle quotes in mind. 
laugh.gif

Love Chris Rock, but I Chappelle is just my cup of tea.
I literally approach life with Chappelle quotes in mind. 
laugh.gif

I didn't think there was ever any question made to the order being (for our generation):

1. Eddie Murphy (old school but still "new generation" of black comedians)

2. Chris Rock

3. Martin Lawrence

4. Dave Chappelle

I didn't think there was ever any question made to the order being (for our generation):

1. Eddie Murphy (old school but still "new generation" of black comedians)

2. Chris Rock

3. Martin Lawrence

4. Dave Chappelle

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by illphillip

What's "our time"?

If cats are gonna mention Pryor, then Eddie Murphy CRUSHES Rock and Chappelle.

Chappelle's stand ups were ill though. Can't forget that.

Bring The Pain was DOPE for Chris.

Katt Williams Pimp Chronicles was ill as well.

Tough call.

Here you go again... I respect a lot of what you say but you tend to always want to assert your maturity/age as if it really means more than it does.

You tried this in the Kanye "artist of our time" thread....

A Generation in entertainment is not a generation in life. A generation in entertainment is 10-15 years MAX.

You might seriously have a learning disability. READ WHAT THE +@+* I WROTE.

Someone else mentioned Richard Pryor. I said "IF cats are gonna mention Pryor, then Eddie Murphy CRUSHES Rock and Chappelle."

Key word being "IF". Then I proceeded to mention the great comedians of the current generation. And said it was a tough call. Where did I assert my maturity/age exactly?

Your blatant stupidity causes you to see what you want to see, read what you want to read, and trip over yourself to try to make what you THINK is an intelligent point.

When basically we're saying the same thing. All that for nothing. Congrats.

That is why you get the response from people on here that you do. You swear you're saying something smart when you rarely do.

I'm gonna help you out. In the 48 Laws Of Power, Law #4 is "Always Say Less Than Necessary". Because the more you say, the more likely you are to say something stupid in essence.

You might want to think about that.

What's "our time"?

Tough call.

Here you go again... I respect a lot of what you say but you tend to always want to assert your maturity/age as if it really means more than it does.

A Generation in entertainment is not a generation in life. A generation in entertainment is 10-15 years MAX.

Someone else mentioned Richard Pryor. I said "IF cats are gonna mention Pryor, then Eddie Murphy CRUSHES Rock and Chappelle."

Key word being "IF". Then I proceeded to mention the great comedians of the current generation. And said it was a tough call. Where did I assert my maturity/age exactly?

Your blatant stupidity causes you to see what you want to see, read what you want to read, and trip over yourself to try to make what you THINK is an intelligent point.

That is why you get the response from people on here that you do. You swear you're saying something smart when you rarely do.

I'm gonna help you out. In the 48 Laws Of Power, Law #4 is "Always Say Less Than Necessary". Because the more you say, the more likely you are to say something stupid in essence.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Optimus even bumped that thread recently. LET IT GO MAN... LET IT GO. 
Inter-forum beef for the lulz though. 
laugh.gif

I mean, that's what a clown would do.

If the big !!$ red shoe fits......

If he did re-hash that Kanye +!#@, all good. The kid himself said a generation is entertainment is 10-15 years. So while he's slurping Kanye as the most influential artist of our time, I'll still say that Outkast, Pharrell and many others were just as influential. Musically. Culturally etc. Which was always my point.

And them dudes hit in the last 10-15. So once again, the kid is trying to make a point but ain't saying nothing.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Optimus even bumped that thread recently. LET IT GO MAN... LET IT GO. 
Inter-forum beef for the lulz though. 
laugh.gif

I mean, that's what a clown would do.

If the big !!$ red shoe fits......

If he did re-hash that Kanye +!#@, all good. The kid himself said a generation is entertainment is 10-15 years. So while he's slurping Kanye as the most influential artist of our time, I'll still say that Outkast, Pharrell and many others were just as influential. Musically. Culturally etc. Which was always my point.

And them dudes hit in the last 10-15. So once again, the kid is trying to make a point but ain't saying nothing.

i like rock i do but chappelle's delivery makes it better for me. i like chappelle delivering messages subliminally  rather than rocks not quite preachy style

chappelle -- grape drank
rock would be like govt and blah blah doesnt provide us with....

grin.gif

but eddie murphy is good on any Saturday night
pimp.gif

i like rock i do but chappelle's delivery makes it better for me. i like chappelle delivering messages subliminally  rather than rocks not quite preachy style

chappelle -- grape drank
rock would be like govt and blah blah doesnt provide us with....

grin.gif

but eddie murphy is good on any Saturday night
pimp.gif

Chris Rock is one of my all time favs as well, but I gravitate towards Chappelle's style of humor more.

Chris Rock is one of my all time favs as well, but I gravitate towards Chappelle's style of humor more.

What's "our time"?

Tough call.

Key word being "IF". Then I proceeded to mention the great comedians of the current generation. And said it was a tough call.

But your blatant stupidity causes you to see what you want to see, read what you want to read, and trip over yourself to try to make what you THINK is an intelligent point.

This is reminiscent of things that makes one's soul burn slowly.

What's "our time"?

Tough call.

Key word being "IF". Then I proceeded to mention the great comedians of the current generation. And said it was a tough call.

But your blatant stupidity causes you to see what you want to see, read what you want to read, and trip over yourself to try to make what you THINK is an intelligent point.

Originally Posted by TheHype

Don't start none, won't be none. Kid be asking for it though.....

Originally Posted by TheHype

Don't start none, won't be none. Kid be asking for it though.....

eddie murphy in the red leather > ANY black comedian

ya'll sleepin on lavell crawford....dude is one of the funniest all around comedians regardless of race

eddie murphy in the red leather > ANY black comedian

ya'll sleepin on lavell crawford....dude is one of the funniest all around comedians regardless of race

Chris Rock is very funny. But your argument as to why he is better than Dave is all about quantity. I'm sure you have heard the phrase "Quality over Quantity". Chappelle > Chris Rock.

Chris Rock is very funny. But your argument as to why he is better than Dave is all about quantity. I'm sure you have heard the phrase "Quality over Quantity". Chappelle > Chris Rock.

Maybe its just my personality... but i like Chappelle's laid back delivery as opposed to Rock's loud screaming one.. its annoying to listen to.

Katt Williams only piece of work I liked was Pimp Chronicles.. Everything else just had a few good quotes... but most of Katts comedy comes from his voice honestly

Mike Epps is definately funny.. but he's the kind of funny that would be one of your best friends or something.. His material seem like he just makes it up as opposed to writing it out

Back
Top Bottom