Chris Rock is the Best Black Comedian Of Our Time Vol. Sorry Chappelle

Maybe its just my personality... but i like Chappelle's laid back delivery as opposed to Rock's loud screaming one.. its annoying to listen to.

Katt Williams only piece of work I liked was Pimp Chronicles.. Everything else just had a few good quotes... but most of Katts comedy comes from his voice honestly

Mike Epps is definately funny.. but he's the kind of funny that would be one of your best friends or something.. His material seem like he just makes it up as opposed to writing it out

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

What's "our time"?

If cats are gonna mention Pryor, then Eddie Murphy CRUSHES Rock and Chappelle.

Chappelle's stand ups were ill though. Can't forget that.

Bring The Pain was DOPE for Chris.

Katt Williams Pimp Chronicles was ill as well.

Tough call.

Here you go again... I respect a lot of what you say but you tend to always want to assert your maturity/age as if it really means more than it does.

You tried this in the Kanye "artist of our time" thread....

A Generation in entertainment is not a generation in life. A generation in entertainment is 10-15 years MAX.

You might seriously have a learning disability. READ WHAT THE +@+* I WROTE.

Someone else mentioned Richard Pryor. I said "IF cats are gonna mention Pryor, then Eddie Murphy CRUSHES Rock and Chappelle."

Key word being "IF". Then I proceeded to mention the great comedians of the current generation. And said it was a tough call. Where did I assert my maturity/age exactly?

Your blatant stupidity causes you to see what you want to see, read what you want to read, and trip over yourself to try to make what you THINK is an intelligent point.

When basically we're saying the same thing. All that for nothing. Congrats.

That is why you get the response from people on here that you do. You swear you're saying something smart when you rarely do.

I'm gonna help you out. In the 48 Laws Of Power, Law #4 is "Always Say Less Than Necessary". Because the more you say, the more likely you are to say something stupid in essence.

You might want to think about that.

A hit dog will holler I guess.

Dude NO one was saying you were wrong. I'm clearly aware of what the qualifier "if" means and its implications. I'm fully within the capability to understand the English language and use it with maximum capability. Looks like you didn't get the message that i'm NOT calling you out. The topic title is "our time" mind you. I'm SIMPLY illustrating that it is worth yourself and other posters to remember that a generation in entertainment is not the equivalent of one that is one's lifetime. NOR can the same measure be used in the realm of economics or politics where a "generation" or "our time" might resemble the average lifespan of an American citizen. I brought up your "age" because in many other threads you have this tendency to bring up everything under the sun just to prove a point when its not necessary or relevant just because you've "seen it all." The topic title is "of our time." See what you've just done is act out for NO reason knowing damn well you felt some way about what I said.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

What's "our time"?

If cats are gonna mention Pryor, then Eddie Murphy CRUSHES Rock and Chappelle.

Chappelle's stand ups were ill though. Can't forget that.

Bring The Pain was DOPE for Chris.

Katt Williams Pimp Chronicles was ill as well.

Tough call.

Here you go again... I respect a lot of what you say but you tend to always want to assert your maturity/age as if it really means more than it does.

You tried this in the Kanye "artist of our time" thread....

A Generation in entertainment is not a generation in life. A generation in entertainment is 10-15 years MAX.

You might seriously have a learning disability. READ WHAT THE +@+* I WROTE.

Someone else mentioned Richard Pryor. I said "IF cats are gonna mention Pryor, then Eddie Murphy CRUSHES Rock and Chappelle."

Key word being "IF". Then I proceeded to mention the great comedians of the current generation. And said it was a tough call. Where did I assert my maturity/age exactly?

Your blatant stupidity causes you to see what you want to see, read what you want to read, and trip over yourself to try to make what you THINK is an intelligent point.

When basically we're saying the same thing. All that for nothing. Congrats.

That is why you get the response from people on here that you do. You swear you're saying something smart when you rarely do.

I'm gonna help you out. In the 48 Laws Of Power, Law #4 is "Always Say Less Than Necessary". Because the more you say, the more likely you are to say something stupid in essence.

You might want to think about that.

A hit dog will holler I guess.

Dude NO one was saying you were wrong. I'm clearly aware of what the qualifier "if" means and its implications. I'm fully within the capability to understand the English language and use it with maximum capability. Looks like you didn't get the message that i'm NOT calling you out. The topic title is "our time" mind you. I'm SIMPLY illustrating that it is worth yourself and other posters to remember that a generation in entertainment is not the equivalent of one that is one's lifetime. NOR can the same measure be used in the realm of economics or politics where a "generation" or "our time" might resemble the average lifespan of an American citizen. I brought up your "age" because in many other threads you have this tendency to bring up everything under the sun just to prove a point when its not necessary or relevant just because you've "seen it all." The topic title is "of our time." See what you've just done is act out for NO reason knowing damn well you felt some way about what I said.

Chris Rock is wildly overrated. And like someone else said, he's the white man's Black comedian.

Chris Rock is wildly overrated. And like someone else said, he's the white man's Black comedian.

Only on NT will people catch feelings over who is a better COMEDIAN.  Dudes on here arguing over comedians...I hate to say this but really is it really that serious???  

Only on NT will people catch feelings over who is a better COMEDIAN.  Dudes on here arguing over comedians...I hate to say this but really is it really that serious???  

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by got shoes

I'm sorry. Never been a fan of Chris Rock, too corny for me. I think he is White America's Black comedian. If that makes sense

Compared to who? Chappelle?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Word
laugh.gif
I always thought that was part of the reason Chappelle fell back in the first placeChris Rock can be annoying but everything he says is the truth so I can look past being annoying. I like DC stand up but was never a fan of the show.

I'm sorry. Never been a fan of Chris Rock, too corny for me. I think he is White America's Black comedian. If that makes sense

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Word
laugh.gif
I always thought that was part of the reason Chappelle fell back in the first placeChris Rock can be annoying but everything he says is the truth so I can look past being annoying. I like DC stand up but was never a fan of the show.

Originally Posted by Madman4life

Only on NT will people catch feelings over who is a better COMEDIAN/RAPPER/BASKETBALL PLAYER/CELL PHONE.  Dudes on here arguing over comedians...I hate to say this but really is it really that serious???  

Fixed

Originally Posted by Madman4life

Only on NT will people catch feelings over who is a better COMEDIAN/RAPPER/BASKETBALL PLAYER/CELL PHONE.  Dudes on here arguing over comedians...I hate to say this but really is it really that serious???  

Fixed

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Word
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Word
laugh.gif

OP I agree I have always considered Chris Rock to be the current King of Comedy.

RIP Bearnie Mac tho dude shouldve done more standup

OP I agree I have always considered Chris Rock to be the current King of Comedy.

RIP Bearnie Mac tho dude shouldve done more standup

Umm I guess but Chris needs another great special. He hasn't been the best black comedian in years. A lot of signs would point to him being on the decline.

Chappelle chose self exile or maybe a hiatus from the spot light.

If we're talking the past 10-15 years though only Rock has been doing it that long and has been a certain quality.

Umm I guess but Chris needs another great special. He hasn't been the best black comedian in years. A lot of signs would point to him being on the decline.

Chappelle chose self exile or maybe a hiatus from the spot light.

If we're talking the past 10-15 years though only Rock has been doing it that long and has been a certain quality.

Your vision is blurred. He's trying to educate you. If you understand everything  he says, and feel it. You don't even need to go to school. 
happy.gif
mad.gif
? I'm 4 loko's. 
roll.gif
 Inside joke. 

Your vision is blurred. He's trying to educate you. If you understand everything  he says, and feel it. You don't even need to go to school. 
happy.gif
mad.gif
? I'm 4 loko's. 
roll.gif
 Inside joke. 

Originally Posted by TheHype

Love Chris Rock, but I Chappelle is just my cup of tea.
I literally approach life with Chappelle quotes in mind. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i do the same thing.. it's served me well several times in life

Originally Posted by TheHype

Love Chris Rock, but I Chappelle is just my cup of tea.
I literally approach life with Chappelle quotes in mind. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i do the same thing.. it's served me well several times in life

Back
Top Bottom