Cigarette Smokers: How and Why?

Originally Posted by CaptinStabbin

Cigarettes are one of those things people do to seem "cool" cause they see someone doing it and act like they didn't do it to be cool. They are lying. Smoking is such a conscious decision and your body rejects smoking the first time you try to inhale, that's why you get that burn when you first start doing it. There is no reason why a person should start smoking other than because "other people do it", when you start smoking and become addicted.....then it's a different story

Smoking is such a sheep activity

-The Juice
agreed, glad Im not a smoker

Cigarettes are one of those things people do to seem "cool" cause they see someone doing it and act like they didn't do it to be cool. They are lying. Smoking is such a conscious decision and your body rejects smoking the first time you try to inhale, that's why you get that burn when you first start doing it. There is no reason why a person should start smoking other than because "other people do it", when you start smoking and become addicted.....then it's a different story

-The Juice
agreed, glad Im not a smoker

Originally Posted by Jay02

-The Juice
I disagree.
First time I smoked were when a friend gave me some of those swisher mini cigars (like cigs) you could either inhale them or choose not to. I eventually started inhaling, and then said screw this im just going to cigs cause they were easier and just felt better to inhale. The thing is I never did it to look cool, and would rather do it alone or with only friends who smoke cause even I think its tacky. I always though I would be able to kick the habit if i wanted but i thought wrong. The best I did was 2 months without one.

I hate cigs, wish i never started. Its a shame cause i rejected them for so long. Then eventually caved. 
tired.gif
Falling for peer pressure = doing it to be cool. Drinking and smoking, starts off by pressure from peers, then becomes nasty addictions.

Originally Posted by you go boy

this is what i did... i was smoking from 01-08 but wasnt really serious... i would have like a pack a week...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jay02

-The Juice
I disagree.
First time I smoked were when a friend gave me some of those swisher mini cigars (like cigs) you could either inhale them or choose not to. I eventually started inhaling, and then said screw this im just going to cigs cause they were easier and just felt better to inhale. The thing is I never did it to look cool, and would rather do it alone or with only friends who smoke cause even I think its tacky. I always though I would be able to kick the habit if i wanted but i thought wrong. The best I did was 2 months without one.

I hate cigs, wish i never started. Its a shame cause i rejected them for so long. Then eventually caved. 
tired.gif
Falling for peer pressure = doing it to be cool. Drinking and smoking, starts off by pressure from peers, then becomes nasty addictions.

Originally Posted by you go boy

this is what i did... i was smoking from 01-08 but wasnt really serious... i would have like a pack a week...
laugh.gif

this is why you smoke:
- you work hard for 8hrs and only have two 15min breaks + lunch......vs a smoker that takes their two alloted 15min breaks AND ten 10min breaks to smoke + their lunch 
mad.gif

NOT FUKKKIN FAIR!!

so you have a break that totals 1hr 30min vs a smoker that has:

3hrs and 10min of break time

smoke away my ninjas...smoke away

this is why you smoke:
- you work hard for 8hrs and only have two 15min breaks + lunch......vs a smoker that takes their two alloted 15min breaks AND ten 10min breaks to smoke + their lunch 
mad.gif

NOT FUKKKIN FAIR!!

so you have a break that totals 1hr 30min vs a smoker that has:

3hrs and 10min of break time

smoke away my ninjas...smoke away

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

bored between classes so i started smoking.

- oh okay. so destroying our lungs is a good way to pass the time when we're bored huh? hmm, never knew......

Why do people care if someone enjoys a stimulant or not? We all have an expiration date regardless of what you do in your life. 
Guess what certain produce you eat leads to cancer, you gonna ask people why they started eating potatoes? 

I agree to a certain extent, that most of us destroy our bodies one way or another (ex: fast food) but as a non-smoker, I'm not trying to be in the same car with 2 or 3 people smoking at the same time. Why should I have to be subjected to another person's bad habit? Someone eating potatoes, for example, really doesn't affect me. Smoke being blown in my face, however, is quite disgusting.

I'm not judging anybody, I just don't want to be in a room clouded with smoke.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

bored between classes so i started smoking.

- oh okay. so destroying our lungs is a good way to pass the time when we're bored huh? hmm, never knew......

Why do people care if someone enjoys a stimulant or not? We all have an expiration date regardless of what you do in your life. 
Guess what certain produce you eat leads to cancer, you gonna ask people why they started eating potatoes? 

I agree to a certain extent, that most of us destroy our bodies one way or another (ex: fast food) but as a non-smoker, I'm not trying to be in the same car with 2 or 3 people smoking at the same time. Why should I have to be subjected to another person's bad habit? Someone eating potatoes, for example, really doesn't affect me. Smoke being blown in my face, however, is quite disgusting.

I'm not judging anybody, I just don't want to be in a room clouded with smoke.
sick.gif

I started smoking cigarettes at 13. I was influenced by my older cousin who actually gave them to me. But I quit smoking 7 new years ago when I was 20. I tried patches and nicotine gum, none worked. Cold turkey was what worked! I guess it's a mind over matter thing in the end. I still hook up with maryjane though.

I started smoking cigarettes at 13. I was influenced by my older cousin who actually gave them to me. But I quit smoking 7 new years ago when I was 20. I tried patches and nicotine gum, none worked. Cold turkey was what worked! I guess it's a mind over matter thing in the end. I still hook up with maryjane though.

Yeah, I started smoking to be cool, but I was 13! Just a little kid. I'm 23 now, and still smoking the cigs
30t6p3b.gif
Trying to quit though. The thing I'm most scared of is I know plenty of people who have quit and a lot said that they gained a significant amount of weight after quitting.
frown.gif
Not about that...

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

That first cig after a bowl/blunt/jay/whatever just elevates the high to the next level.
This.

A smoke after a meal
pimp.gif
This also.

Yeah, I started smoking to be cool, but I was 13! Just a little kid. I'm 23 now, and still smoking the cigs
30t6p3b.gif
Trying to quit though. The thing I'm most scared of is I know plenty of people who have quit and a lot said that they gained a significant amount of weight after quitting.
frown.gif
Not about that...

That first cig after a bowl/blunt/jay/whatever just elevates the high to the next level.
This.

A smoke after a meal
pimp.gif
This also.

it seems cool to me. its something to do, so youre just not standing maybe.

but i tried and couldnt get down with it, and i dont want to force a few to get the hang of it, oh well

it seems cool to me. its something to do, so youre just not standing maybe.

but i tried and couldnt get down with it, and i dont want to force a few to get the hang of it, oh well

Anyways, it's not like I'm trying to live to like 80 anyways. If I get cancer at like 65 then so be it. Kanye shrug.

Anyways, it's not like I'm trying to live to like 80 anyways. If I get cancer at like 65 then so be it. Kanye shrug.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

A smoke after a meal
pimp.gif
This also.

hahahaha +1

After Thanksgiving dinner is the BEST.  My brother has officially dubbed it the "Best Cigarette of the Year".  Its somewhat comical as we are finishing up Thanksgiving dinner and one of us will say, "so are you ready for the best cigarette of the year?!?!?!?!" and we will get the
indifferent.gif
 and 
30t6p3b.gif
 from my wife and my parents.

A smoke after a meal
pimp.gif
This also.

hahahaha +1

After Thanksgiving dinner is the BEST.  My brother has officially dubbed it the "Best Cigarette of the Year".  Its somewhat comical as we are finishing up Thanksgiving dinner and one of us will say, "so are you ready for the best cigarette of the year?!?!?!?!" and we will get the
indifferent.gif
 and 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by APH
roll.gif
Never heard that song, but sums up my feelings pretty well.

indifferent.gif
 and 
30t6p3b.gif

Right? Like after I'm done eating at a buffet (Korean BBQ or in Vegas) that cigarette is like my lifeline
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by APH
roll.gif
Never heard that song, but sums up my feelings pretty well.

indifferent.gif
 and 
30t6p3b.gif

Right? Like after I'm done eating at a buffet (Korean BBQ or in Vegas) that cigarette is like my lifeline
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom