Circuit City to liquidate remaining US stores (Wiki and Informative Video on Pg 1)

give it 2 more weeks. The joints is going to slash heavy i think
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Amazon.com still has better prices

true. Although, the salty employees helped me get a great deal on a SLR the other day. Nice dude, you could tell he was fed up with having to work the floor and take down the store at the same time. People were trying to bargain with him and stuff. I was contemplating whether to replace my Canon XTi with a XSi or get Canon 50d. I wasn't really shopping for anything. The guy was trying to tell me why I wanted the 50d and not the XSi. I agreed with him, I just didn't want to pay the difference in price. The XSi is about half the cost of the 50d. The guy tells me "you are getting the 50d...come on." He proceeds to ring me up for the XSi (plus the 25% off) and gives me the 50d. He asks me if I have a memory card and proceeds to open the box and throws that in too. So I got the $1,600 camera for less than $600.

WOAH ! Thats one heck of a deal. I wished there was an employee at CC that would give me a hook up like that. I'd even give him $100 asa tip or something.
wink.gif
Which CC did you makeyour purchase ?

i really cna tbacktrack through the pages right now...when is the absolute final day of all operation for all CC's?

I went to a local CC in san diego and wow this place was gutted. everything that was left was crap so i didnt buy anything.

abernja you still working at best buy? remember from some WDYWT thread from like 2 years ago you were workin there

I bought a Bose VSC 10 center channel speaker at CC the other day. I spoke to the liquidator and got it for $120.00. I'm gonna go back for floor speakersif they make the percentage cut around 70%

all tv's are 30% now and i think dvds/blu ray are 50%. i wanna bite on a tv but that 30% aint doin it for me. especially since people say prices wereraised at 1st

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

abernja you still working at best buy? remember from some WDYWT thread from like 2 years ago you were workin there
Nope. I had to quit cuz I went to school in Nebraska. Couldn't get a transfer. I'm back in FL now so I'm thinking about going back towork there. It was fun and has great pay and perks. I hear they're on a hiring freeze right now though.

My friend works at CC. Sucks that he's not gonna have a job in about two weeks. I feel bad for him and all the other people out there losing jobs. But CChad it coming for them.

I walk in there and ask for help and I'd have better chances getting a response asking a pile of rocks. (This was before they were officially going under)

I went in today. Surprised that that much stuff was gone. All the tv's had "last one in stock" on them, so I asked the worker if that's trueor if its all bull %@$*. He said it was true, that's all they had. But he said they just got a shipment a couple days ago, so I guess they continue to getshipments from the warehouse/other stores. Can anybody drop knowledge on the availability of tv's and where they keep gettin them from?

Stopped by the local spot tonight. That joint was straight GUTTED. Dudes were breaking down shelves and sweeping up the mess of the interior demolition aspeople were shopping. @#!+ was a sad scene for some reason--a bunch of people milling through the leftovers and leaving disappointed. I managed to scavenge thelast 2 seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm for $35.

And all the TVs had "last in stock", too. Not sure I believe that because the prices were still awful. But then again the average shopper is cluelessabout what a good deal is.

Yeah word. Well my mom told me she wants to get a nice tv for the living room, Since we have HD service on that receiver and non Hd TV. FTL

No on ever watches TV in there but her.. Id watch alot of TV if I didnt have HD in my office in the house, ftw.

All this "Last in stock" sounds like bull to me. So in the morning we plan on going to the bank to withdraw cash, Then head out to the 2 differentcircuit citys which are about 10 miles apart. Different zones. I plan on talking to the guys that work there and see if they can change the price and i wouldntmind tipping them. LOL

Anyone see any blueray players?

I guess ill report back tomorrow . ftw

Went to Circuit City in Emeryville just about a week ago, games were 40% off and they had some good ones still too like Fallout 3, Soul Caliber IV, Prince ofPersia, etc. Both for 360 and PS3, Not that many good Wii games anymore, accessories were 40% off, and DVD's were 40% off as well.

Back
Top Bottom