Circuit City to liquidate remaining US stores (Wiki and Informative Video on Pg 1)

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

012909_email_02.jpg

012909_email_03.jpg

012909_email_04.jpg

012909_email_05.jpg

Got this in my email today. So how much are bluray movies laptops discounted at now??

Probably gonna go buy some stuff i don't need soon.
thats how it was looking at the store in PA.nothing was moving.

laugh.gif
i went to the cc on union square 14th...
laugh.gif
employees didnt give an eff
roll.gif
ol boy was walking around on his bold and told a customer to go find ityourself
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iwhohavenothing

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
ol boy was walking around on his bold and told a customer to go find it yourself
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm in the market for a big-a LCD. When might I be able to purchase a 52-60" 1080P 120 mhz for under 1500?

Originally Posted by judeezy36

I'm in the market for a big-a LCD. When might I be able to purchase a 52-60" 1080P 120 mhz for under 1500?
nows the time with this superbowl stuff going on but make sure you do your research on everything...

I think there might be a lot of Open Box LCD's after the superbowl also.Someone confirm this?

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
ol boy was walking around on his bold and told a customer to go find it yourself
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

[h1]6 Liquidation Sale Tips From A Circuit CityEmployee[/h1]
By Meg Marco, 11:40 AM on Thu Jan 22 2009, 49,822 views

1-22-2009_11-28-15_AM.jpg
Sam, a reader who sayshe is a current Circuit City employee, writes in to offer his advice on navigating the liquidation.

Sam says:
I have a few tips for people that are planning on shopping there during the "sale:"

1. All of what you have seen is correct, not much is actually on sale.
Looking at items I remember from a couple weeks before, most everything is more expensive. Especially things like blank CDs, flash drives, and anything in the computer area. Cables are less expensive than usual, but still way more than online. Game systems are not a bad deal either.

2. You're right: We really don't care about you.
I and anybody else will answer any questions about the product or return policy, or show you where something is. But that is it. I really can't do anything else for you under our new policies, and that is honestly fine with me. It is hard to care when you know the job is gone in 2 months anyway. It becomes even harder when you see how busy we are with prices being higher. It kills me to see these people scrambling over terrible prices when we were dead the past year.

3. This goes even more so for management.
They have been stripped of all of their power, and are relegated to people that are allowed to have keys. Chances are they needed their job more than the part-timer like me, and they are not very happy about being jobless soon, and they are making it known.

4. Bring a copy of the CC return policy from Consumerist in if you have a valid return. As you have seen already, a lot of the Customer Service and even managers don't know the real return policy for items bought before January 1.

5. No, we cannot change ANY PRICE in the store. Whatever it says in the computer is what we have to sell it at, regardless of what the sign says, or what the associate told you. It is all set by the liquidation company. I wish we could change it, but that is the way it is.

6. (And this is more of a rant:smile: Don't act happy that we are going out of business, please.
I have had more than a few qualms with my job and the company the past few years, trust me. But I am still sad to see it go. I helped out a lot of very nice people, and I genuinely believe I helped them out and went above and beyond for them. I may be the exception, but I helped as much as I could and didn't sell people things that I didn't think they could use. Part of what is so depressing about working there right now is how smug people seem to be about us closing. You don't think the price on that camera is good? Neither do I, and I am sorry that I and 34,000 other people losing their jobs could not have saved you 12 more dollars on a camera. See how much better it gets in 6 months when Best Buy is the ONLY option for that TV you are looking for.

[h1]A Tsunami Of Evidence TheCircuit City's Liquidation Sale Completely Sucks[/h1]
By Meg Marco, 10:49 AM on Thu Jan 22 2009, 21,350 views

1-22-2009_10-43-33_AM.jpg
More and more mediaoutlets are catching on to the fact that Circuit City's liquidation "deals" aren't as hot as normal sale prices.

First, here's a report from Cincinnati's WCPO:
We Compare Prices

* A Samsung 46 inch LCD TV, Model #LN46A850: Originally $2,599, now on sale for $2,339...but we found the exact model on Best Buy's website for $2,099....$300 less.
* A Vizio 42 inch LCD TV, Model #SV420XVT1A: Was $1,199, now marked down to $1,079...but we found the same model number TV at Target for just $1,029... $50 less.
* And a Panasonic 50 inch LCD TV, Model #TH-50P80U: Was $1,399, now $1,259...but both Amazon.com and Beach Camera had it for less than $1,000, a at least $300 less, and at Beach you even get free shipping!

One of the companies running the sale defends the prices....telling the Los Angeles Times "we have commitments to banks and creditors who are expecting a certain return."

But you're not committed to shop at these prices...especially since all sales are final, with no returns.

And from Tennessee, an interview with a woman whowent to Circuit City looking for Wii games - only to find out "we got up here and it's higher than it is at the normal stores."

TheStreet.com has compiled a list of reasons toavoid liquidation sales entirely, not least of which is that the sale prices are crap:
In fact, most liquidators will actually raise prices to full retail or a token 10% off because they know the store will be packed with people. That means prices at liquidation sales are often higher than you could have gotten at the store before it went into bankruptcy. Those "75% off or more" discounts that you are imagining won't arrive until the final week of the liquidation sale - a time when anything you would really want will already be long gone.

For those of you looking for some additional analysisof the economics of liquidation, check out this article from Portfolio:
The fact is that liquidations tend to be pretty bad places to find a bargain. It's worth remembering that a liquidation isn't the kind of sale put on by a store which needs to clear out their shelves in order to make space for new merchandise: there's no new high-margin merchandise coming in for shoppers to buy, and so the opportunity cost of keeping the old merchandise on the shelves is actually very low. Circuit City stores are going to be open through March: there's little point in having them simply sit there empty thanks to too-big early discounts.

The LA Times has some interviews with pissed off shoppers who wanted bigger discounts:
"I've been waiting in line for half an hour each day based on employees' promises that prices could come down, but they haven't," said McGinness, a TV commercial producer from Los Angeles. "It's very disappointing."

I got insiders in circuit city aka my homeboy lol. I just ask him to tell me when the discounts get deep and to hold it for me lol, but yah dont buy stuff now.The discounts aren't as low as they can be yet.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

When I went there they had like 5 heads in 1 section just hanging out and only 1 dude was tryna help.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by judeezy36

I bought a Refurb Samsung 52" 120hz LCD (LNT5271F) for $1,350 on eBay almost a year ago and it's been perfect.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by c0dyboy2222

i went to take a 360...ended up setting it down and walking out the store
laugh.gif

Man
laugh.gif
union square cc is off the chain....dudes just loungin around in the tv section talking about the superborwl and oogling women as they walk by
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
...I'm just waiting fot a manager to confront a worker and say hey....u gotta pick up the slack.... *worker stares back* what are you gonna do? Fireme? *hysterical laughin(
laugh.gif

Also....if you're THAT worried about buying something and it selling out...I'd say wait it out another 3 weeks.....everyone is playing the waitinggame...but sure enough.....in 2 weeks....items will start moving FAST.

This CC liquidation is a joke. All their "normal" prices are way more than msrp, so there really isn't any cost savings after the specificdiscount. You can get better deals at other electronic stores. This just proves why they're going out of business. Poor pricing. Very obvious why they loseout to such stores such as Best Buy and even stores like Walmart.

The items will start moving once it obviously hits over 50% off. The stores that closed down before Christmas didn't even get any ridiculous pricereductions. They stayed at 40% off and decided to allocate their merchandise at other CC's that stayed open through the holidays. So much for theirliquidations.....

I went Saturday. Everything was picked over, a 52" Samsung LCD TV was 2000, originally 2500. All DVDs was 20% off but were still around $19,$20. AllLaptops were GONE with the exception of Toshiba which they wanted $699, and an HP with a 15" for $800. PS3, 360, and Wii demo systems WERENT FOR SALE!!What will they even do with those.

IMO, dont even waste your energy going to the store to expect merchandise to be like 50-60% off. Remember the last store is closing in March and it is nowFebruary, dont hold your breath.

I was gonna buy Ironman on PS3 for 24 bucks..but it wasn't worth it..i could find a used Ironman PS3 game for cheaper..no wonder i never shopped at CircuitCity..full of BS prices still..

^ same thing im thinking...any cicy circuit city heads kno about any good sub woofer sales???

Does anyone when the percentage off go up, staurday or sunday? Im playing the waiting game for a bose dock for the ipod.

Back
Top Bottom